Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

back up camera wire ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back up camera wire ???

ok so i have had a double din headunit in my hatch for over a year but never hooked up the backup camera it has the rca's for the camera and a pink wire to connect to (???)

anyone know where to hook up this wire i would asume it needs to be hooked up to the reverse light or something but im not sure and dont want to screw it up or not be able to use this feature

dont hate on the back up camera i didnt pay for it it was given to me by my mother as a gift and wants to see it installed and working (its coming out after she sees it working(maybe))
Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: back up camera wire ???

the headunit has a pink wire? Or the camera has a pink wire? Pink at the headunit is normally vss, does your dbl din have navigation? what model is it? Purple/white is normally reverse trigger, and that wire goes to the reverse light wire that goes to the cars reverse light. You can usually find that wire in the drivers kick panel in the big harness that goes towards the rear of the car. what kind of car do you have?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The pink wire is at the headunit and is labled reverse. The HU is a chinese made unit from a company called Resun Electronics got it on craislist about 2 years ago (still trying to figure out how to hack the unit for a better images so bland needs some spice to liven up the screen) I have a 96 civic hatchback. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

extend that pink wire, and run it to the drivers kick. You should find a green/black wire that goes from 0v-12v when you put your car into reverse. Tap that pink wire into that green/black.