Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

anyone installed a keyless push button start?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone installed a keyless push button start?

i have tried to search how to do this.. but ive had no luck every thing i saw still needed the key in the ignition but i wanted to replace the ignition with the button like rywires crx.. does anyone know how to do this or have a link to a write up or something im not too wire savvy but i have basic skills...
Old 10-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: anyone installed a keyless push button start?

well when i put a push to start in my civic i remember messing up and it started without a key and i think i wired the main power and on position wire together and into the switch and the main power is all white and i think the on position is black and yellow im not sure someone correct me if im wrong
Old 10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check this out http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=389791
Old 11-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i jus put one in my car the other day. i flip two switches ( hidden of cource ) an push the button.
if you want i can make a quick write up. its pretty simple.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why would you want keyless? that sounds like the most unsafe thing i ever heard with the key is alot better cuz if your car gets jiggled it wont start unless they know where the button is
Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dohc4life
why would you want keyless? that sounds like the most unsafe thing i ever heard with the key is alot better cuz if your car gets jiggled it wont start unless they know where the button is

either way they are gunna have to look for the button right.
keyless is jus as safe as having it were you have to put your key in.

why would you wanna even have it to were you put your key in the push the button?jus turn the key the rest of the way.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well, if you think about it. keyless means you are removing the ignition. removing that = no steering wheel lock. so once they get in your car, they wouldn't even need to pick lock or start the car. they're going to push it out. once they have a spot where they can work, they wont even need to look for your switch.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

advanced keys .com sells a complete keyless kit with push to start button 1 keyless module and 1 ignition module and 2 key cards must remove ignition switch but system has a complete alarm built in
Old 11-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by radiofred
advanced keys .com sells a complete keyless kit with push to start button 1 keyless module and 1 ignition module and 2 key cards must remove ignition switch but system has a complete alarm built in
sick
Old 11-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ef yu
well, if you think about it. keyless means you are removing the ignition. removing that = no steering wheel lock. so once they get in your car, they wouldn't even need to pick lock or start the car. they're going to push it out. once they have a spot where they can work, they wont even need to look for your switch.
haha did not even think about that.damn.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by radiofred
you don't remove the ignition you just disable it. their instructions are to insert a key and turn to the accessory position and then disable the circuit. this eliminates the steering lock. the S2k has a keyed ignition with a push button starter that disables the steering lock, and turns on the power to the button

the advanced key option is a sweet RFID setup, but I've been leaning towards using it in hotrod specific applications where you don't have a wheel lock
Old 11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i dissabled my wheel lock. i got a removable steering wheel the other day to avod having someone hop in an have sumone push while they steer lol
Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you should be able to mount the botton to the shroud or make a bracket to attach it to the factory mount. or...take the shroud kill the hole, and mount the botton somewhere else.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrysanderson
i jus put one in my car the other day. i flip two switches ( hidden of cource ) an push the button.
if you want i can make a quick write up. its pretty simple.
Yeah if you could make a write up that'd be great... I found one on some mustang forum that showed a video of a guy that had to push one button for accesories and disable wheel lock another to turn the ignition on and a third to start it... If you hide the first two and mount the third in the oem ignition spot it should be safer than having to use a key... My first crx was stolen by someone using a master key or had a set of keys so this would eliminate that...
Old 11-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Trial User

Icon5 Re: anyone installed a keyless push button start?

Hers something i put together
i believe you need an immobilizer bypass for this mod.

please correct me if i made any errors

the dpdt switch turns on the accesories.
added a relay to the brake to feel more oem.

and i added a cut off switch for some security..

hopefully next week i can implement this on an 04 accord ex-l i recently got
Old 11-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by noelbatista18
Hers something i put together
i believe you need an immobilizer bypass for this mod.

please correct me if i made any errors

the dpdt switch turns on the accesories.
added a relay to the brake to feel more oem.

and i added a cut off switch for some security..

hopefully next week i can implement this on an 04 accord ex-l i recently got
hey i realize its been a while since this post was made. but did you ever get the keyless push start button working on your 04 accord?
Old 11-08-2016, 04:08 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yea its an old post and also the above wiring diagram is wrong anyway, first off the top relay is not needed, the car already has a starter relay, controlled by the CIS, [unless it's an automatic], what he has there is a relay supplying a relay power, [although he is using the brake as a safety on one of them].
Not sure why the PB switch and the DPDT switches have grounds off them, [unless they are illuminated, and I could see that on the DPDT switch but not the PB switch, unless it's for PMR points] also why a DPDT switch as he has it wired as a SPST switch, [on/off].
Last but not least why A KILL SWITCH on acc2, that's like for the radio and maybe power windows. . 94
Old 11-09-2016, 04:56 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by fcm
Yea its an old post and also the above wiring diagram is wrong anyway, first off the top relay is not needed, the car already has a starter relay, controlled by the CIS, [unless it's an automatic], what he has there is a relay supplying a relay power, [although he is using the brake as a safety on one of them].
Not sure why the PB switch and the DPDT switches have grounds off them, [unless they are illuminated, and I could see that on the DPDT switch but not the PB switch, unless it's for PMR points] also why a DPDT switch as he has it wired as a SPST switch, [on/off].
Last but not least why A KILL SWITCH on acc2, that's like for the radio and maybe power windows. . 94

​​​yeah.. That was confusing me too. They seel rfid kids but they say I need to buy an immobilizer module. But couldnt I just pull the chip from the key and glue it to tye immobilizer sensor on the ignition tumbler?

​​​​​
Old 11-11-2016, 10:32 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If your car has a stock immobilizer then yes you need the immobilizer 32.bypass or "glue the chip" next to the pickup, [stock ign. switch], but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the immobilizer.
Also do not forget, you will need to unlock the steering wheel, and if you stop using the key you will have to remove the locking mechanise, again making it a lot easier to steal your car. 94
Old 11-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by fcm
If your car has a stock immobilizer then yes you need the immobilizer 32.bypass or "glue the chip" next to the pickup, [stock ign. switch], but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the immobilizer.
Also do not forget, you will need to unlock the steering wheel, and if you stop using the key you will have to remove the locking mechanise, again making it a lot easier to steal your car. 94
the system i am looking to install has an immobilizer and code hopping pke figured that would be sufficent.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:45 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

LOL at some of the comments about making the car keyless to be more secured...yeah right...

@Randall keep the immobilizer as is and don't bother with this keyless push start button thing.