Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Aladdin 2 way paging alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aladdin 2 way paging alarm question

i have an aladdin 2 way paging alarm system with autostart installed. the autostart feature worked fine and ok until i installed my new jdm header and testpipe. the O2 sensor isn't plugged into the test pipe and now the auto start feature wont' work. when i try to use the autostart, the engine tries to start but doesn't fully turn over. is it because i need to plug the O2 back in or do i need to get it checked out? btw this is for a 2000 ITR. TIA for any help.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Aladdin 2 way paging alarm question ('00TypeR)

Does it start and run with the key??? I highly doubt it has something to do with a o2 sensor.

Since you have a 2000 Type R, you have the immobilizer chip inside the head of your key. What bypass module did your installer use?

Make sure it is installed correctly.

Here's how to confirm..........hold the head of the key near the ignition switch. Let the key's "chip" communicate with the car. Press the remote start button. If it cranks over and runs.......thats your problem.

The shop you had it installed at should be able to diagnose the problem.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Aladdin 2 way paging alarm question (HandCommand)

i got it installed at a professional shop in seattle, now i live down here in socal. since yes 2000 acura's use an immobilizer chip, they had to use my valet key to enable to use the autostart. they shaved the key (theft reasons) and hid it near the ignition somewhere under my dash. so basically i have a shaved key inside my car at all times. could that key have been knocked over or something?
Old 09-25-2002, 12:35 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stick your key you use to start your car now ,into the ignition but don't turn it, attempt to star the car with your remote start.... if it works... the key dislodged or fell or something, if it doesn't work... then it's somethin else
Old 09-25-2002, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Aladdin 2 way paging alarm question (BrandonClaps)

thanks so much guys, that was it, the key fell off near the ignition. i tore apart my steering column to look for it, it's gone. now i gotta go to acura and get another key. $50 dang it. anyways thanks so much you guys were a big help.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:17 PM

jo jo...always gettin into trouble...
Old 09-25-2002, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Aladdin 2 way paging alarm question (WACivicSI)

haha look at this ***** job!
Old 09-25-2002, 10:08 PM

Wow, I cant believe that a professional shop would NOT use a Immobilzer Bypass module. By them "sticking" the key near the sensor all the time DEFEATS the purpose of that whole system that Honda put in there.

A bypass module ( Like DEI's 555u ) will only bypass that factory theft system ONLY during remote start, NOT ALL THE TIME. Make sure the installer knows how to wire up the system.

Ive seen some installs where the installer AT LEAST used a bypass module, but he wired it incorrectly so it was ON all the time ( not on only during remote start) so thats like the guys that did yours above. BYPASSED 100% of the time. NOT GOOD!!!

You're car is now a sitting duck, just like all the other HONDAs that dont have that immobilizer system.

Im not surprised to hear this though. There are many installers out there that are not well trained. Go to a reputable shop that cares about QUALITY, not QUANTITY.

Old 09-25-2002, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Aladdin 2 way paging alarm question (HandCommand)

interesting, but he did shave off the key part itself. so basically it was just the chip near the ignition. but i must investigate this bypass thing...tell me more
Old 09-26-2002, 05:20 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting, but he did shave off the key part itself. so basically it was just the chip near the ignition. but i must investigate this bypass thing...tell me more
very bad he didnt use the 555u by dei or a similar part by another company.. thing is w/ the way he did it, someone can still get into your car, hold the key next to the ignition switch where the chip senses the key and still hotwire the car w/ NO PROBLEMS at all as long as they keep the key head around the sensor in the key cylinder and all that takes is some tape or even gum will hold it.. i would go back and have him do it right first chance i had..
Old 09-26-2002, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Aladdin 2 way paging alarm question (95CivicEX)

Are you kidding?? The way that installer did it, you wouldnt even need to hold the chip next to the sensor. HE ALREADY did that FOR THE Potiental Thief!!!! Now all the theif would have to do is break the steering column and hotwire the dang thing!!! The IMMOBILIZER chip has already been BYPASSED.........by the installer!!!

UnSafe work done by the installer, if you ask me. But that's just my opinion