Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Originally Posted by 1 point 6
I absolutely love the audio setup and how the deck is mounted under the seat. I know you're not the first, but I will be ripping this idea off for sure lol.
Thanks man! I gotta give credit for my motivation to do it to my buddy SHG_Dan aka Allmotordan. Always thought it was so cool how he had the clean look of the oem dual din block off but still had a stereo system!

Originally Posted by -Z Yaaaa_
hi my name is brad and i just joined HT here today. this thread was a major factor in doing so as i really wanted to express just how utterly amazed at your attention to detail work ethic towards a car.

wow. just wow. i usually just hit up google for build threads to gain ideas and honestly to see how far the bar is hahaha. your's probably one of the best honda build's i have came across online, hands down. took me the better part of two days to read it all though oh well, bored at work! LOL

man i gotta tell ya, i thought i was **** with my cars. haha not even in the same league as you. i have some chevy cavalier's that i am building right now. no honda's unfortunately but i love to broaden my horizons and see what other car guy's are doing. i have no hate, and i love most honda's. i myself could definitely see myself in a 2000ish electron pearl blue civic si coupe... maybe one day!

i never even thought much about hardware until i saw what you were doing. i mean sure ive added stainless stuff here and there as well as had some bolts chromed but never thought to do it on the level you have. i looked online for some places that do cadmium coating and i think chemprocessing.com looks to be promising for my needs unless you have another place you would recomend?

love the work on the spoiler as well. most people just throw **** on and it looks like garbage. its people like you that go the extra mile on things like this that the tuner world needs. so much half-assed crap out there its unbelievable.

only things im not tooo much of a fan of is the green banner (i get it though, reppin SHG!) just dont like the green. definitely not a fan of the honda's out there with the neon green or bright pink wheels, gaudy colors. im more of a grey's, black's, and dark blue's fan myself. and i get it, to each their own so rep on!

other thing would be the headlight eyelids. ive never been a fan of those on any car though, really. you like em though, so great!

anyways, just wanted to tell you i am impressed and keep up the good work. ill be back to see what else you got up ur sleeve!!!
Hey man, glad you came and checked in! Its crazy when I get to talking to people and find out they have been following the progress from the very beginning and I had no idea! Appreciate your input on the car, always great to hear it from someone you know isnt biased and truly appreciates the work for what it is, not because of hype or trends.

For the cadmium plating - a business associate's connect does it, so Im kind of left in the dark about who actually does the work. Im assuming its some kind of industrial company that normally does huge batches but my connect has an in to get smaller amounts done. The down side is that it has to be shipped to florida, and sit around until he had a bunch of his own stuff ready to go out. So turn around time can be kinda long. I might check out that place you mentioned, just out of curiosity...
Old 01-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll add my .02 cents about cad plating - i looked into at as well, and most places stopped offering CAD plating because of environmental restrictions.

Look into zinc plating - you'll get almost the same finish as the OEM honda bolts.

Easy - I tried to search for your past thread on the EG, you have that link handy?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by navin
I'll add my .02 cents about cad plating - i looked into at as well, and most places stopped offering CAD plating because of environmental restrictions.

Look into zinc plating - you'll get almost the same finish as the OEM honda bolts.

Easy - I tried to search for your past thread on the EG, you have that link handy?
Yeah, its a shame about the environmental impact of the cadmium plating. I believe thats why Honda, Toyota, and Im sure other manufacturers made the switch to white Zinc plating in 2001.

Yellow zinc has the same appearance but isnt as resistant to corrosion and doesnt penetrate the surface as much, so when the coating gets scratched by installing/removing bolts its more likely to rust. Regardless, I would still use the yellow zinc if my cad hookup falls through at some point.

I dont have the link honestly, I havent been to the thread in years.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by navin
Scroll to the bottom, there are also a few other links there you might want to peep.

http://sohondagarage.blogspot.com/20...ack-honda.html
Old 01-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

e, how does the cad hold up to tools, etc?
Old 01-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's holding up well. A little dirty from rain an stuff but no corrosion. I also don't use impact tools on my car so they take alot less abuse by only using hand tools.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

havnt been in here in a while....I stilll miss the old EG hatch from years back, but I cant help but to enjoy this EP hatch now. I really like the effort in the details even the pain in the *** ones lol. Keep up the hard work sir, this is one of the few builds I keep up with these days and thank you for the motivation you have given me over the years. You help me step to a higher level when building these cars. GIVE IT HELL ! ! !
Old 01-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE
Will do. Ill put a text blast out with some options for dates and make sure we come up with something that works for everyone
I want in!

-Jalal
Old 01-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
I want in!

-Jalal
Too bad foo!

JK! Date is set for Feb 10th friday evening, then Im sure some of us will kick it all day saturday aswell
Old 01-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ELIDA9
havnt been in here in a while....I stilll miss the old EG hatch from years back, but I cant help but to enjoy this EP hatch now. I really like the effort in the details even the pain in the *** ones lol. Keep up the hard work sir, this is one of the few builds I keep up with these days and thank you for the motivation you have given me over the years. You help me step to a higher level when building these cars. GIVE IT HELL ! ! !
Thanks man! I miss the EG too, but mostly the aspects of the car that made it unrealistic to daily drive (like how clean it was). I much prefer the EP cause its more realistic and easy to enjoy on a daily basis

Like always, glad I can be of motivation for other enthusiasts to do things right! Thats honestly my motivation, and kinda what I feed off of. The fact that others can get ideas and see another way to do things is a big part of why I put these threads together.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got alot going on with the car, but I lost my camera for a couple days so wasnt able to take any photos. Found it yesterday though so update tonight
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Should be fun. Gotta tell work I need to be home that day
Old 01-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice progress again
VC looks super clean

got some new pictures of it?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah Ive got it installed right not even though its not quite finished yet, but ill have pictures up tonight. (left my camera at work again )
Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres what Ive been up to lately...

Got the upper bushings pressed out in preparation for the spericals

Also got some Buddy Club P1 ball joints with the shipment from them for the DC5

I got the AC line off so I could test fit the power steering pump, and work on modifying the line to clear the pump. Everything clears the hood. Its a tight fit, but will all look and work just like oem when Im done

Took some measurements and used a section from one of the DC5 AC lines to splice in and re-locate the EP3 line...

Stock (interferes with the power steering pump)

DC5 line where I will be taking the section from

And both lines cut, cleaned, and ready for welding. The replacement section moves the line 1.25" to the right and extends the line 1.5"

Test fitted and clears perfect

And how the car is sitting currently

Old 01-23-2012, 03:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Updates are great, just as usual.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

loving the wrinkle black valve cover.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Lord of the idiots

dumb question:

ep3s normally have electric PS?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by [ej]Jonathan
dumb question:

ep3s normally have electric PS?
Yup they come with EPS. Some like it, personally I prefer the feel of the hydraulic setup. The EPS had too much effort, a vague feel and with alot of front camber/wide tires had a hard time tracking straight on the highway.

VERY excited to drive the car for the first time with the new setup. It will be a whole new car
Old 01-24-2012, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bet. Also interested to hear your feedback from the conversion. I might have missed this, but how much additional weight, or weight reduction is going into the car with this mod? I know it's a DD, so overall weight isn't a priority.

Also threadjacking a little, but I am exited to see you guys teaming up with Buddy Club for the DC5 race car.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very little, if any weight will be added. Unfortunately I never got around to weighing the EPS, but the electric motor and gear drive made the rack feel substantially heavier than the Hydro rack. Taking the pump, lines and fluid into consideration the hydraulic system may be a couple lbs heavier.

The real drawback is parasitic loss, which will be a bit of a drag with the A3, but even that takes a back seat to steering feel and driving pleasure on the highway at least for me. Plus when I put the A2 in eventually it wont be an issue.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

EP bays always look so full with the windshield reaching so far to the front^^

nice work on the lines and nice new parts
Old 01-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats going on with that a2 swap man? anytime soon?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ep3man
Whats going on with that a2 swap man? anytime soon?
Ah, not really. Tranny is hopefully going in this spring. Engine, maybe next winter
Old 01-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It has been almost a year owning Easy Ep3 Spec rims and tires. They proved to be quite the setup for an ep3. It pains me to say I must let go of my Enkei RPF1s and buy some much needed suspension.

They rims are currently on the market, and by no means is this a forsale enquiry, but if anyone is interested. PM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

As mentioned before im looking to get suspension. Both winter and summer driven. Track and DD. Ive also mentioned on previous posts that i was interested in KWV2 for my ep3. At the same time I believe it to be "soft" compared to running lets say 10K (front) 13K (rear)? The choice lies with buying KWV2 now and then upgrading them down the line as I progress as a driver. or buying custom Koni/GC with lets say stiffer figures?

I would also like to note that my friend recently purchased an Ep3 and is wondering if these specific rims would fit on his ep3 running 235 tires all around. He is slightly lowered and is looking to run no more than -1 camber in the rear and -1.5 - -2.5 in the front. Roughly. Rims size 17x8.5+45

http://www.icbmotorsport.com/spspcrwhye17.html

Quick Reply: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...