Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...

Originally Posted by 03civicdopejmd
do you have it? I can teach you that fun stuff! I dont have a degree but I can make pretty much anything.. that was one class I payed attention in...
Nice man, step one is to get my desktop back up and running. I need to upgrade it a bit. Original plan was to make use it for windows media center and not pay for cable anymore but I havent gotten around to that either. Right now I just use my netbook, so its not really versed for using cad or solidworks
Old 07-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE
Nice man, step one is to get my desktop back up and running. I need to upgrade it a bit. Original plan was to make use it for windows media center and not pay for cable anymore but I havent gotten around to that either. Right now I just use my netbook, so its not really versed for using cad or solidworks
Wrd do it! Cable really isn't necessary, most of the stuff you want to see is when you feel like it so without a dvr it can be a huge waste of time having to wait for shows or sitting through commercials. Get netflix for 10 bucks a month and you can stream so much stuff on tap, they have a lot of Top Gear, all of Initial D which was an excellent JDM car anime if you know what it is, movies, shows, etc. Theres also Hulu which is free that has a lot of TV shows and the like. It is simple to get the rest of the stuff like F1 2011 season, hd movies, you name it
Old 07-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HBKFanatic
Wrd do it! Cable really isn't necessary, most of the stuff you want to see is when you feel like it so without a dvr it can be a huge waste of time having to wait for shows or sitting through commercials. Get netflix for 10 bucks a month and you can stream so much stuff on tap, they have a lot of Top Gear, all of Initial D which was an excellent JDM car anime if you know what it is, movies, shows, etc. Theres also Hulu which is free that has a lot of TV shows and the like. It is simple to get the rest of the stuff like F1 2011 season, hd movies, you name it
yeah were thinking about either a media center or google tv. Only thing that sucks about google tv is it doesnt support Hulu.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I spent the day washing, claybaring, and waxing the whip

Took about 2 hours just to clay it, I took the time to get every little spec of stuff out of the paint, all the way down to the bottom of the rockers. The car was in need of a THOROUGH cleaning!

After clay I applied the new DP max wax. This is the first time Ive used it, and until now Ive only used inexpensive meguiars deep crystal wax. I can honestly say this wax is worth every penny. It goes on so smooth, and with the heat of your hand it kinda melts and just lays on super thin and buttery smooth.

Here is the max wax, wolfgang foam applicator pads and extra plush microfibers I ordered from autogeek...

Kitty was chillen for the detail sesh

And the results... nothing short of outstanding. This is only one coat of wax, debating if I want to do another coat in the morning...

Old 07-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Kitty is chilling and doesn't give a fawk lol. EP looks shiny but its hard to tell on silver. I'll have to see in person tomorrow

When I waxed my car, the whole garage smelled super nice ahha, bet yours does too.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man its shinier than its ever been before. Crazy difference! Its weird this stuff smalls really good in the jar, but when it gets warm and you put it on it just smells like pure carnuba. Meguiars cleaner wax paste is probably the best smelling wax ive ever had the pleasure to sniff though.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

speaking of good smelling stuff.. eagle ones trim gel is amazing for turning trim back to black... ya know around the mirrors the plastic would always stay a grayish color, not anymore.

Hey evan, Ive been recently diggin into the wheel wells and under the bumpers.. Did the factory paint the wells silver too? And I noticed that 8 years of tar really builds up. At some points it looks like Im diggin into some sort of rubber coating? Holy **** is it alot of work to get them to sparkle.. Ive only done one in 2 hours.. using aircraft cleaner and my special wipes.. I was just wondering if they applied paint to half the well and then a mold on the outer half? Am I making any sense bahaha! edit:the stripper only goes on for roughly 30 sec, just to liquify the tar.

Whips looks shinny. It is hard to see silver waxed... my black coupe was gorgeous freshed up!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent the day washing, claybaring, and waxing the whip

Took about 2 hours just to clay it, I took the time to get every little spec of stuff out of the paint, all the way down to the bottom of the rockers. The car was in need of a THOROUGH cleaning!

After clay I applied the new DP max wax. This is the first time Ive used it, and until now Ive only used inexpensive meguiars deep crystal wax. I can honestly say this wax is worth every penny. It goes on so smooth, and with the heat of your hand it kinda melts and just lays on super thin and buttery smooth.

Here is the max wax, wolfgang foam applicator pads and extra plush microfibers I ordered from autogeek...

Kitty was chillen for the detail sesh

And the results... nothing short of outstanding. This is only one coat of wax, debating if I want to do another coat in the morning...
WOW...Looks like a brand new paintjob...
I'm definitely gonna invest in this product...its a pretty penny but the results speak for themselves...you did everything by hand right?

Last edited by toyomatt84; 07-28-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Removed images from quote.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MadLorGLK
WOW...Looks like a brand new paintjob...
I'm definitely gonna invest in this product...its a pretty penny but the results speak for themselves...you did everything by hand right?

Thanks man, yeah its pricey but like I said totally worth it

And yup I did everything by hand. Also the thing thats great about this wax is it doesnt stain plastic and rubber moldings
Old 07-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got some new headlights

Old 07-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Headlights are hot!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn!!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im jealous! Ive been wanting new headlights! I net you paid a decent penny for them
Old 07-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mattrt09
Im jealous! Ive been wanting new headlights! I net you paid a decent penny for them
Stole them for $150 shipped
Old 07-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Stole them for $150 shipped
You're such a theif. That is a steal
Old 07-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol im on that hustle.... also got a set of bnib front mud flaps on the way, petty larceny

Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You should do a HID projector retrofit in them. Curious to see how you would attack that type of project.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jamescardenas07
You should do a HID projector retrofit in them. Curious to see how you would attack that type of project.
I honestly really dislike the look of projectors in reflector housings. Even when its done right it just looks cheese to me.

What I am considering is the Lux non-glare kit. Its cheap enough to give it a shot and not break the bank.

They have finally covered the issue with PnP HID kits. The reason there is so much glare is the improper focal length of the aftermarket bulb. Bulb position is crucial to a reflector type housing, and with this kit the bulb is mounted on an electric servo, and you can adjust the bulb in and out while installed to fine tune the beam pattern.

Im not going to do this right away, but im considering it for the future
Old 07-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Save your cash. My friend tried the Xenith Xenon Lux kit in his RSX. Even when adjusted, there was still a significant amount of glare. If you don't want to do a HID projector retrofit, just pick up a set of Philips X-treme Power bulbs. It's the brightest halogen on the market. I still recommend you looking in to a HID projector retrofit tho. It made night driving a blast. Knowing you, I already can see how clean you can make it come out (hint: look into making custom vacuum formed shrouds).
Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man i went back a page and forgot you picked up
Some mtec springs. Let me know how you like them i have been debating on them/wanting them for quite some time now.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good ish, Evan! I can't wait to detail my car.

-Jalal
Old 07-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Second episode of MissShift is up check it out. Did review on the Enkei RpF1s

www.youtube.com/MissShift

Also Im still doing research on my suspension Just cant decide what do go for. Recommendations from all standpoints. It does help me decide to go strut spring setup rather than full coil over due to the harsh winters. One of my final decisions was to upgrade the rear first with ..

http://www.bilsteincanada.com/produc...djc5ours1h4sp3

Revalved to run custom ground control springs at 750 lbs?

Sounds about right? Change anything. Open to anything at this point. Ive asked before in previous posts. Its just hard to nail such an important purchase in.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MissShift

Also Im still doing research on my suspension Just cant decide what do go for. Recommendations from all standpoints. It does help me decide to go strut spring setup rather than full coil over due to the harsh winters. One of my final decisions was to upgrade the rear first with ..
Revalved to run custom ground control springs at 750 lbs?

Sounds about right? Change anything. Open to anything at this point. Ive asked before in previous posts. Its just hard to nail such an important purchase in.
Looks like a good option. Pair those with some Inserts up front valved for a 500lb spring and it wouldnt be a bad setup. Only problem with inserts up front (maybe the bilstiens too) is theyre still stock length, so you cant lower the car that much without eating up all your shock travel.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So the fitting I ordered came in today... Its a 5/8 barb to 5/8 NPT to replace the broken off nipple on the airbox I got.

It came with 3 barbs and was really long. So I cut one off, test fitted and decided to cut the second one off aswell. Came out really nice and its much easier to get the hose on and off the fitting than it was the plastic nipple on my old box.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your skillz are ILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

Quick Reply: SHG is back! Easy's EP3 goes under the knife...