Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Civic VX the Toyota Prius MPG killer!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Civic VX the Toyota Prius MPG killer!

Originally Posted by fleabag
So why are you getting rid of the car? Disappointed with its fuel economy? If you're getting rid of the car because you're hearing a 'grinding noise' while driving especially after driving the car for a while (transmission warmed up) it's because of the input shaft bearing. The repair is not very difficult to do and considering that you replaced your transmission previously with a used one, I'm imagining you're annoyed you've got the same issue as you had prior to the transmission swap. (This is why doing the repair is better than a swap)
I wanted something newer. Fuel economy was aceptable, and I love the EG (still have an SI) ... just to many things to worry about that I was not willing to accept for a daily driver.... the Transmission is 100% and like new condition, it was a fully rebuilt one.

Originally Posted by fleabag
edit: Since you bought an Insight, I've got to ask, have you replaced the PCV valve on this Civic VX? Since this car will be going to a new owner and we share a mutual appreciation for cars like this, I'd say it'd be wise to replace the valve if you haven't already done so since a clogged valve can mean the difference between blowing the rear main seal, poor fuel economy and lousy performance and not... It's a cheap repair and would be helpful for the next owner of your car.
I've not touched the PCV valve. If I still have the car when it starts to warm up I will change it out, as I've already bought it.

Last edited by HatchbackSqueegee; 09-15-2012 at 08:50 AM.