Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

94 civic ex coupe - new project

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 94 civic ex coupe - new project

Nice! I love how the engine bay turned out!

What type of primer did you use?
Old 09-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks. I used a self etching primer, that I have a had some past experience with. It bonds to metal really well.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ayohchik
very nice hands jobs n the colours also looks so nice/matched. but i think, if u change the colour of head cover would be better.. its just my opinion.
Thanks for the opinion, I love opinions! I will keep that in mind as I decide a color for the car. I just went with the black, because I had the paint, and I didn't want the purple valve cover. I am possibly doing a root beer or charcoal gray on the body. Any opinions are welcome!
Old 09-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 09-10-2014, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update: Motor runs great and I see no leaks thus far. Had a ground issue at the beginning, but I resolved it quickly. All the wiring for lights, radiator, AC, etc. have all been soldered and tucked. I just feel it was necessary, due to them being the easiest. I didn't want to tuck the other stuff, just because its only a project for me. I am not looking to make this a show car, just something I brought back to life on a budget.

I have to get the exhaust welded up because it has no flange where it meets the headers. That is the next step along with charging the AC. After that, I will be cleaning up the inside and figuring out paint. I am still leaning toward a real dark gray. Need an opinion on this one. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is300 graphite grey peral would look good with some polished gsr swirlies... Keeping the oem look.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I appreciate that. I have been thinking a gray for sure. I will have to see what I can find in town. Not looking for an expensive job, just something to freshen it up. Update coming soon...
Old 09-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: 94 civic ex coupe - new project

I Just started almost the exact project! 94 civic ex coupe, it ran well but I bought it from a guy who wanted it to be a rice rocket. He ended up not having the dedication to complete. I took over but there's a lot to be done. (just got new sparks, rewiring, new hoses, filters are good, it's got brand new heads, want to replace that dash and gauges, bumper is loose, paint damage from the moon roof, moon roof glass has a hairline, power in passenger door is weak, suspension is amateur i'll either fix or return to stock, needs power steering, I replaced the hood, ordered seat covers and floor mats, needs tires, has nice rims, needs a horn, windshield wipers....) I'm afraid it's going to cost more than it's worth, but I know it's a great car.
ADVICE?
Old 09-30-2014, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tisi
I Just started almost the exact project! 94 civic ex coupe, it ran well but I bought it from a guy who wanted it to be a rice rocket. He ended up not having the dedication to complete. I took over but there's a lot to be done. (just got new sparks, rewiring, new hoses, filters are good, it's got brand new heads, want to replace that dash and gauges, bumper is loose, paint damage from the moon roof, moon roof glass has a hairline, power in passenger door is weak, suspension is amateur i'll either fix or return to stock, needs power steering, I replaced the hood, ordered seat covers and floor mats, needs tires, has nice rims, needs a horn, windshield wipers....) I'm afraid it's going to cost more than it's worth, but I know it's a great car.
ADVICE?
The advice I am going to give is think about it hard. I currently have a TL that I daily drive. I actually just started driving my coupe yesterday and I am loving it so far. I am going to have it painted soon and do some more. You don't want to take short cuts on the project, because eventually its going to come back and bite ya. Just take your time and be happy with what you get in results.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its been a while since an update. I apologize, but I have been working/waiting on a few things. I put some ground control suspension on the car, I have done all brakes and rotors. The interior is almost put back together for now and will be cleaned up with before and after pics. I am pretty much just working on it as I go now. The car is running well and there are no leaks at all. I am very pleased with stuff as of now. Once December gets here, my decision to boost the D16 I redone or go F20b will be made.
Pics to come, as soon as I get some extra time.