All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Skunk2 Ultra series "Street" manifold Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Skunk2 Ultra series "Street" manifold Pics

I just find it weird that whenever skunk comes out with something fresh it gets criticized so hard and everyone becomes Silky Johnson.

Either way i'll have some testing done on both manifolds in the next few months. I will also have some RBC vs Skunk Pro Series vs. Ultra...when it comes out for the K.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand the criticism either. It's not all fluff and marketing; we all know that Skunk2 does a lot of R&D, and while not all of the parts they make are good, many of them are. And they're fairly priced to boot.

At least wait to see dyno results before passing judgement.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well how do other companies stay out of the criticismsmscsms?

it seems to me that they want drama to stay in spotlight. kinda like celebrities.
they want their image to be the dirty harry **** talking bounty hunting company which was cool when they were starting. now the company grew but the attitude didnt change and it kicked them in the ***. but they seemed to update their attitude during the k20 trial wich is good.

i dont agree how they do their business sometimes but i still use their products and have not had problems yet.

does anyone else see the tapered runners in their ultra manifold and not in street version?

theres another one for VW released last year
http://www.redlinespeedworx.com/tag/velocity-stack/
Old 03-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks nice but it's $800.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ this discussion is about the $380 street version, not the race version.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL yeah I figured that out (eventually) -- but I was referring to the VW 1.8L mani that raverx linked to. It's similar to the Ultra Street but with tapered runners.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffBro
I'm at times impressed by what they can do with marketing. It serves a purpose though.
What purpose? To misinform and to promote a crap product they couldn't sell otherwise? How many times have you purchased something because of a cool commercial to only find out that it is pure garbage? Just look at the "As Seen on TV" stuff. As soon as you see that label, one should instantly assume garbage.

I hold reservations about these manifolds, but since I prefer to track tune, I will let the Dyno Queens sort this one out.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by N3va3vaSatisfi3d
I hold reservations about these manifolds, but since I prefer to track tune, I will let the Dyno Queens sort this one out.

Yeah, look at all these stupid people trying to use a dyno to determine if these products make power on their setups. DUMBASSES!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What purpose? To misinform and to promote a crap product they couldn't sell otherwise? How many times have you purchased something because of a cool commercial to only find out that it is pure garbage? Just look at the "As Seen on TV" stuff. As soon as you see that label, one should instantly assume garbage.

Don't think im a marketing guy because I said that; but recognize that the purpose of business is to make money. Being an engineer I am impressed with how well they can present something and create terminology that can totally mask the true facts and/or specs of a product. I personally don't see anything wrong with this. On the flip side one could potentially design the best product ever but if I can't manufacture and sell it I wont ever get anywhere.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:31 PM
moderator emeritus

i do not believe you would see racers at the track outfit their car with garbage if it were actually garbage....do you?

i find it amazing how many people can hate on new products so easily. Do you not want the industry to move forward? Do you not want new products? Why are you even online bitching if its such garbage?

get outta here and let everyone else make better power than you. Maybe in the future you can suck up your pride and join the rest of the party.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You are very ignorant to disrespect people just because you are a moderator. I find it extremely disgraceful and immature. If I have an opinion about a product, then I am in full right to express this. I merely said I hold reservations about this manifold, but rather than bash it, I would let it be figured out on the Dyno first. What is so wrong about that? Clearly you have strong feelings about this company/product but no where did I say anything about it one way or another.

I commented on marketing in general and how it is misused; read the quote that I quoted and apply the context. That is all. I await your apology.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You are very ignorant to disrespect people just because you are a moderator. I find it extremely disgraceful and immature. If I have an opinion about a product, then I am in full right to express this. I merely said I hold reservations about this manifold, but rather than bash it, I would let it be figured out on the Dyno first. What is so wrong about that? Clearly you have strong feelings about this company/product but no where did I say anything about it one way or another.

I commented on marketing in general and how it is misused; read the quote that I quoted and apply the context. That is all. I await your apology.
No, no, no you said you would let all the dyno queens figure it out, and you will stick to track testing.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:43 AM
moderator emeritus

Im an ******* when people reach for no reason. Do you type things and then forget?

You said quote:
" To misinform and to promote a crap product they couldn't sell otherwise? How many times have you purchased something because of a cool commercial to only find out that it is pure garbage? Just look at the "As Seen on TV" stuff. As soon as you see that label, one should instantly assume garbage."

What part of that is ignorant? Try all of it.

You already tried to tell the world its a crap product and they misinform people in their advertisements because it would not sell.

Apology? No thanks.

Last edited by 98vtec; 03-09-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh look..

I will say though, I found N3va3vaSatisfi3d;s post to be pretty damn accurate. Its not that he/she was directly talking about skank2, but infact, if you read the post without bias, you see that its just a " Im skeptical, but intrigued. I will wait for real world results before making assumptions based of advertising."

So mr mod, he/she has a legitimate point. I find most of the people here, are so quick to jump on others for differing and of misrepresentation for whats said. Personal ish need not apply. check
Old 03-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98vtec
i do not believe you would see racers at the track outfit their car with garbage if it were actually garbage....do you?

i find it amazing how many people can hate on new products so easily. Do you not want the industry to move forward? Do you not want new products? Why are you even online bitching if its such garbage?

get outta here and let everyone else make better power than you. Maybe in the future you can suck up your pride and join the rest of the party.
I agree, Skunk2 has two new manifolds out, far cheaper than anything else and there are guys talking stuff like, rough casting, gee then get a sandpaper roll and clean the stuff up. Oh and the street is a failed race manifold, come now it has far longer runners with almost no tapper, it is a COMPLETELY different manifold made for a COMPLETELY different power and RPM level! geez. haters. I run skunk stuff and they have been good to me. I"ve been racing Honda for a long time, way back when GUDE cams would just fail and shred the valve trains, even before that. Skunk stuff has never failed me and has always been engineered well. Like I had a DC header way back when with the 2" collector, nice welds but no real power, I got the Aplha on my car and there was power all over the rev range, great welds good price. I got 120K miles on my stage 1 cams.

I have to agree that I like GTEC or 1/4 mile times and MPH, don't really like the dyno too much.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Natural Aspirations
Pretty much, it's documented here and on "Endyn"

Back on topic:

Ultra Street
1820cc plenum
8.7" runners

ProSeries
1350cc
7.5" runners

PerformerX
2200cc
9" runners

Now I'm quite aware that there is a whole lot more involved with manifold design than what I have listed... But until there is more released on the Ultra Street manifold this is what we have.
Good Post.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Huh. can't find any article about endyn posting specs about those manifold.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Poppin
Huh. can't find any article about endyn posting specs about those manifold.
Endyn provided details on how to convert a PR-3 manifold to fit a PR-4/P75 head. I was replying to a separate topic. The numbers I provided on the diffeent manifolds were collected from various resources.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ohhhh okay! Got cha! Good info though!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

skunk2 posted this today

Old 03-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the tb going to be angled?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I honestly do not understand why they go through all this trouble to make these little pictures and claims without any sort of proof. It seems all this time spent on just nonsense.. With all of the cars available to them, how hard is it to show a stock b16 and b18c1 with a few bolt ons with back to back runs/tests with the ultra street VS the pro series. I just dont get it. smh
Old 03-23-2013, 11:56 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cuz people dont care. They wanna get all skunked out for next race wars regardless if it makes power or not. Thats who they make money on and thats why they hate people that ask questions because then they have to show proof instead of just making flashy animations and hi def pictures with claims on the bottom.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Would anyone believe it if they posted results or would it just be more hate?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:19 PM
FSAE

Originally Posted by raverx3m
Cuz people dont care. They wanna get all skunked out for next race wars regardless if it makes power or not. Thats who they make money on and thats why they hate people that ask questions because then they have to show proof instead of just making flashy animations and hi def pictures with claims on the bottom.
I guess I am confused by your statement. Most Honda/Import aftermarket parts are sold without any testing from the manufacturer. I can think of only a handful of Honda aftermarket suppliers that have testing and results prior to releasing a product, and the ones I can think of are mostly from Beta testers, not from in-house testing.

Custom fabricators don't offer test results of their products, they rely on users of their products to demonstrate their ability. Do you share the same feelings of their inability to prove performance?

As a rebuttal to your inference above in red, the only testing done thus far has shown huge gains over a 'custom' fabricated IM.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/skunk2-ultra-vs-bmc-race-3128526/

Quick Reply: Skunk2 Ultra series "Street" manifold Pics