All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

oil or wd40 rings?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: oil or wd40 rings?

with no spark plugs in the starter should turn the engine around 250-300 rpms, which is enough to build some oil pressure. at the very least it fills the filter and gets oil to the top of the engine.

I have seen one engine started with out priming the system (i didnt build it and dont know who did so take it for what you will) and they were replacing the crank and mains shortly thereafter.

I always prime the system and havent had any failures, so thats what I will continue to do.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you always do this, i'm just trying to not make this guy feel like a moron for posting on a world wide forum that you dont prime an engine.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"you always do this, i'm just trying to not make this guy feel like a moron for posting on a world wide forum that you dont prime an engine."

hahaha you dont have to worry about that

the people who matter know better.

Last edited by NAH2B; 08-17-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DonF and I were talking about you early..
we talk on the phone every other day and just chat and catch each other up on wordly things happening in our neck of the woods and this topic came up..

I consider donf to be one of the best engine builders in the usa.. period.. anyone can think what they want, but this guy.. is the man..
and when this guy says something you listen.. point blank you also prime a engine. lube is only going to lubericate everything for so long....
Old 08-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ALL M0T0R
DonF and I were talking about you early..
we talk on the phone every other day and just chat and catch each other up on wordly things happening in our neck of the woods and this topic came up..

I consider donf to be one of the best engine builders in the usa.. period.. anyone can think what they want, but this guy.. is the man..
and when this guy says something you listen.. point blank you also prime a engine. lube is only going to lubericate everything for so long....

judging by your post and your sig it sounds like you have a crush on the man or something haha

like i already said, no need to prime the oil pump. to each his own
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok for those of us who want to take the extra pre-caution on our multi thousand dollar builds and prime the pump what is the most effective way? Is filling the oil filter with oil, filling the crank case to capacity, killing the fuel/ignition, removing the plugs and cranking over a couple times the best way?
Old 08-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NAH2B
judging by your post and your sig it sounds like you have a crush on the man or something haha

like i already said, no need to prime the oil pump. to each his own
i stated that.
and ya.. me and donf hold hands from time to time.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dez6
Ok for those of us who want to take the extra pre-caution on our multi thousand dollar builds and prime the pump what is the most effective way? Is filling the oil filter with oil, filling the crank case to capacity, killing the fuel/ignition, removing the plugs and cranking over a couple times the best way?

The way you properly do it..

You keep your valvecover off.. and make sure your oil filter is infact, full.
You then pour your 4.5 quarters of oil in your motor, over your cams, springs/retainers valvestems the whole nine, this is why you keep your valvecover off..

then you crank over your car 10~15 times w/o the plugs in it, or until you see some type of oil shoot out..

Then crank it over.. pretty simple concept.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've never primed...
Must be a MD thing.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

IntegraTypeR aaaaahhhhhhhh wonder where you been hiding. . .

Dont lie, you know you use whale sperm on your rings you sick bastid
Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I lube the mains and rods and pins with power punch additive, also apply it to the side skirts. To prime, just unhook the dist plug. and crank a bit. really no need, I fill the oil pump with a thicker oil/additive so its not dry
Old 08-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the main reason i prime first is because i like to make sure the pump is prime without a airlock. because we were working on a enigne on the dyno we pulled the cover and primed the engine and it want priming. so we popped the hex plug off and put some oil in there so the pump could catch suction and low and behold right after oil go to the head.

it would have sucked if we just fired the engine over with that issue huh?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ninekallday
IntegraTypeR aaaaahhhhhhhh wonder where you been hiding. . .

Dont lie, you know you use whale sperm on your rings you sick bastid
well, i was banned by a **** called 98vtec..
but since he isn't a mod on here anymore

you got someone back who actually gives good advice and is worth a damn on the site..

congrats.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by projectTeG
the main reason i prime first is because i like to make sure the pump is prime without a airlock. because we were working on a enigne on the dyno we pulled the cover and primed the engine and it want priming. so we popped the hex plug off and put some oil in there so the pump could catch suction and low and behold right after oil go to the head.

it would have sucked if we just fired the engine over with that issue huh?
what size is that hex plug?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well, i was banned by a **** called 98vtec..
but since he isn't a mod on here anymore

you got someone back who actually gives good advice and is worth a damn on the site..

congrats.

hahahahahaha you arent worth 2 *****

you think because you might know donf it makes you knowledgable? i dont think so.

you got banned for a reason, i remember very well the **** you used to talk.

do us all a favor and save the "im well known, ask so and so about me" speech, because theres obviously a reason none of us have ever heard of you before

now take your lips off donf's *** and wipe your tounge before anymore **** falls out of your mouth
Old 08-18-2009, 07:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

congrats.
Dude you are a fu**ing loser. .

Who talks about themselves like that ? You are a complete narcisitic loser.

We got someone back? What have you done ? Built a 200hp street car ? WHOOPTY FU**ING DOO.

Your knowledge base rivals a 15 year old kid buying neon lights from autozone. .

You seriously just said congrats? Go back to DonF , maybe he can instruct you on how to become an adult because that sure has eluded you thus far in your pathetic life.

When I want to build a slow street car, I'll send you a PM. Until then continue thinking you are more than you really are .
Old 08-19-2009, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha if i knew what donf looked like i could imagine the look on his face when he answers the phone and this clown is on the other end

this is probably how the coversation goes

"hey don i was on ht today and this guy was talking about not priming an oil pump, what do you think about that? (long sigh....) well everyone has different ways of doing things/ (moron cuts him off) yeah but you probably prime yours dont you? yeah i do however i know some guys who dont/ (moron cuts him off again) and they prolly have issues w/ their engines right? No like i said everyone has different ways of doing things/ (moron cuts him off again) alright thanks don, you are da man talk to ya soon" (moron cant wait to get back on ht to spit his new found knowledge)

donf probably wishes he had caller id
Old 08-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NAH2B
hahahahahaha you arent worth 2 *****

you think because you might know donf it makes you knowledgable? i dont think so.

you got banned for a reason, i remember very well the **** you used to talk.

do us all a favor and save the "im well known, ask so and so about me" speech, because theres obviously a reason none of us have ever heard of you before

now take your lips off donf's *** and wipe your tounge before anymore **** falls out of your mouth
really??
I **** talked??? LOL... k bro.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ninekallday
Dude you are a fu**ing loser. .

Who talks about themselves like that ? You are a complete narcisitic loser.

We got someone back? What have you done ? Built a 200hp street car ? WHOOPTY FU**ING DOO.

Your knowledge base rivals a 15 year old kid buying neon lights from autozone. .

You seriously just said congrats? Go back to DonF , maybe he can instruct you on how to become an adult because that sure has eluded you thus far in your pathetic life.

When I want to build a slow street car, I'll send you a PM. Until then continue thinking you are more than you really are .
lol????
I hope neither one of you two is serious..

For one, i've been doing this a very.. long time, and had a very good reputation before i was banned on this site, and i have one on others just the same.. I've given nothing but helpful advice and have offered nothing but help to anyone who's been ignored on this silly forum by internet ******.
Again.. this forum has gone to **** since y0 boys from IB revamped it, and make 16 year old mod's who ban people who actually ..seriously make this hobby work
People like rocket, Donf can't even get on to post how ****en stupid people are, and infact.. a few more are banned in which i wont go into detail.
Majority of the response on this site, consist of 3rd grade knowledge..
You two can internet **** talk all you want.

But before you go any futher, and to keep this on topic..

i'lll ask this question.
Cyl. Head Dowel Pins

Is it important to use these things????

btw , it was 207whp, and it wasn't any street car, it was a "stock" block itr.. you go do that with a stock block 1.8 liter and get back at me bro.. would love to see it.
As for now, i'm running in the upper 250whp on my new all motor setup.

Last edited by DDTECH; 08-19-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

anyone who gets on honda-tech and has to justify their "street cred" ESPECIALLY by throwing names out there like its an academy award acceptance speech, really needs to re-evaluate what they are doing with their free time and lives in general.

ALL M0T0R, the guys you need to worry about are not the ones who are calling you out right now, but the ones who read this thread, and shake their head in pity, and click that arrow up there that points to the left. we call these people "normal".

Last edited by Schlong; 08-19-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:42 AM
King of the One Liners

For one, i've been doing this a very.. long time, and had a very good reputation before i was banned on this site, and i have one on others just the same..
Unfortunately because of your signature and just the general attitude you are projecting about yourself right now, what ever good you are trying to do is being overshadowed. I remember some of the stuff you posted up a while ago, some of it was good, but everyone's **** stinks brother . . .
Old 08-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All-Motor has an obvious agenda now that the all motor forum has been allowed to run rampant.

I don't think he understands he is doing more harm for everyone that belongs to this section of the forum.
Everyone has their own preferance and this SHOULD be allowed, what works for you works for you.
H-T has turned into a one way is right mantality and drifted away from the D.I.Y enthousasts.

Getting worked up over this topic is pointless, your going to do what you like. Does anyone tear down to re-lube their motor after the off season? Nothing more is needed than to turn it over a few times wuth thes dist unpluged.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've been around long enough to know all-motor is not an idiot, but he sure is acting like one
Old 08-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Natural Aspirations
I've been around long enough to know all-motor is not an idiot, but he sure is acting like one
gotta keep people on their toes man.. thats all..

i'm done being a clown in this thread.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man this forum has gone to ****. It dosent matter how much you know its how well you do it

Quick Reply: oil or wd40 rings?