All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous

ok before i get flamed. i dont have a lot of knowledge about nitrous kits. i dont know how much a 50 shot is, i am guessing it is how much nitrous goes to the engine at one time and it seems to be that there is something with the kit that will allow you to regulate that.

anyways i want to add nitrous to my 2000 civic ex. 1.6L. the engine is stock except for intake and exhaust. what nitrous system would you recommend for this car.

now to add to that, my guess is that all nitrous kits are universal but i am not sure. i plan on doing an engine swap to either the gsr or type r (b18c5?). would i be able to use the same nitrous system on one of those engines. thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Nitrous (pyglion84)

If you're going to get a nitrous kit, get a wet kit. Yes, you can use it on the d or b series motor.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Nitrous (Revhard92si)

ok thanks. how big of a shot should i get? can my engine handle it?
Old 03-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all kits are transferable so if you swap a motor, yes you can use it with the new one.

nitrous is regulated by little pieces of brass, called jets. just like in a carburetor, they look like little do-nuts and are different sizes which let different amounts of nitrous flow thru the nozzle.

when the user above says get a "wet kit" he means a kit that sprays nitrous and gas thru one nozzle and mixes them, these are pretty much the most updated nitrous kits and are deemed the safest.

i recommend the ZEX wet kit, because of the throttle activation system it uses

a given rule of thumb when it comes to nitrous, you can ALWAYS spray half of the flywheel rated HP the engine makes in a kit

for example

engine makes- 150hp
you can spray- 75hp

but only in a wet kit, not dry or direct port, thats a little too hardcore(direct port)
Old 03-16-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

perfect. just what i was looking for. i will go with a wet kit. i think my engine is stock with 127hp but i have intake and exhaust so i am guessing it is now at least 130hp. thanks for the help
Old 03-16-2005, 06:21 PM
All Motor Mentor

Default Re: (pyglion84)

You should go to any of the nitrous websites like Nitrous Express, ZEX or NOS and read the frequently asked questions section. It will give you a good basic understanding of what it is and isn't. 50 shot is slang for 50hp shot of nitrous. 50-60hp setting would be adequate on your car.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:17 PM

i believe that hondas can handle up to a 20 shot in OEM sleeved cylinders.

it'd be a good idea to slap a header on that set up too, thatll really help your engine breath better, and make the most of the mods you already have.

but Zex makes a nice wet-kit, with the smart system that you can wire to your TPS to spray at full throttle...its always nice to have two hands on the wheel when it boosts, rather than hunting for a button.

Nitrous Express makes a very good kit too.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: (00Red_SiR)

i think i am going to go with the zex kit. it seems like it is the safest and easiest. should i change out my fuel pump? or any other parts for that matter to get the best results or to be able to run a bigger shot?
Old 03-17-2005, 06:23 AM

nitrous express is good too.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

change your sprk plugs to some colder ones and run 91-92 octane gas when spraying. 55 show wet will be very safe. you start to push things at 75 shot.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Banned

Default Re: (djmota)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1171730

Search next time.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
All Motor Mentor

Default Re: (soLSvtec12kcraze)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soLSvtec12kcraze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i believe that hondas can handle up to a 20 shot in OEM sleeved cylinders.

it'd be a good idea to slap a header on that set up too, thatll really help your engine breath better, and make the most of the mods you already have.

but Zex makes a nice wet-kit, with the smart system that you can wire to your TPS to spray at full throttle...its always nice to have two hands on the wheel when it boosts, rather than hunting for a button.

Nitrous Express makes a very good kit too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude....you need to do some reading...you barely have any idea what you're even talking about here.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pyglion84 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i am going to go with the zex kit. it seems like it is the safest and easiest. should i change out my fuel pump? or any other parts for that matter to get the best results or to be able to run a bigger shot?</TD></TR></TABLE>

NO......not unless you plan on spraying 75+hp
Old 03-17-2005, 02:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00Red_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dude....you need to do some reading...you barely have any idea what you're even talking about here.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats 20 hp PER cylinder there chief....obviously they wouldnt even make 55 shot kits for snap on performance if it was only 20 dude....you need to be more leniant and stop post whoring.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbsponge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
a given rule of thumb when it comes to nitrous, you can ALWAYS spray half of the flywheel rated HP the engine makes in a kit

for example

engine makes- 150hp
you can spray- 75hp

</TD></TR></TABLE>

where did you get this?
Old 03-17-2005, 02:44 PM
All Motor Mentor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soLSvtec12kcraze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats 20 hp PER cylinder there chief....obviously they wouldnt even make 55 shot kits for snap on performance if it was only 20 dude....you need to be more leniant and stop post whoring.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I misunderstood what you said because you didn't exactly say it clearly. You could run motorcycle sized nitrous jets and get down close to 20 hp so for all I know, that's what you were talking about. Also, you aren't "hunting for a button" when the nitrous kicks in because if it's kicked in, it means you already found the button to arm the system in the first place. As for your post whoring comment....if giving correct and useful information to people on here is post whoring, then I guess I'm guilty. Deal with it.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:46 PM
All Motor Mentor

Default Re: (envision2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envision2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

where did you get this? </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is correct and can be found in numerous books on nitrous as well as nitrous manufacturers recommendations.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00Red_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is correct and can be found in numerous books on nitrous as well as nitrous manufacturers recommendations.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so if your running a 12:1 cr 200fwhp car your telling me you can run a 100 shot....
Old 03-17-2005, 04:46 PM

ok...so if youre driving at 60 mph, you can trigger the nitrous with telepathy right?
stop being a smartass man, youve got 100 times more posts than i do. Try to understand where other people are coming from before you start running your mouth.

anyways, the moral of the topic is this. If you want to run more than a 75 shot, get your block resleeved. or it will eat away at your pistons rings ANYWAY, and 10k miles later youll need a new block.

Fack it. Just go turbo.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:07 PM
All Motor Mentor

Default Re: (envision2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envision2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so if your running a 12:1 cr 200fwhp car your telling me you can run a 100 shot.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, That rule of thumb is based on STOCK power outputs only, not built ones.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nos dp 80 shot no less. on a button not a tps
Old 03-17-2005, 08:23 PM
All Motor Mentor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soLSvtec12kcraze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok...so if youre driving at 60 mph, you can trigger the nitrous with telepathy right?
stop being a smartass man, youve got 100 times more posts than i do. Try to understand where other people are coming from before you start running your mouth.

anyways, the moral of the topic is this. If you want to run more than a 75 shot, get your block resleeved. or it will eat away at your pistons rings ANYWAY, and 10k miles later youll need a new block.

Fack it. Just go turbo.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you knew anything about nitrous, you'd know it's triggered by a throttle activation switch not a button. There's a switch that's used to arm the system and when you go to full throttle, the nitrous will activate. Been watching the Fast & Furious lately?

I have more posts than you do simply because I've been on here a lot longer than you. Did you fail reading and math too?

Holy crap! I and many others have been running more than 75 hp of nitrous on a non sleeved B series block for years and it hasn't eaten any pistons...and I'm still miraculously using the same block on over 20k, how is that possible?

I know where you're coming from, it's called "left field". This forum exists for people to share useful information not misinformation which your post totally is. If you don't have any idea what you're talking about, don't post, just READ. When you finally do come across a post where you actually do know something factual that isn't an opinion, feel free to post. Otherwise you're just setting yourself up to get flamed.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soLSvtec12kcraze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok...so if youre driving at 60 mph, you can trigger the nitrous with telepathy right?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

man shut up already... know what you are talking 'bout b4 you post
Old 03-18-2005, 12:46 PM

what does sleeved or resleeved mean?
Old 03-18-2005, 01:29 PM

If you knew anything about nitrous, you'd know it's triggered by a throttle activation switch not a button. There's a switch that's used to arm the system and when you go to full throttle, the nitrous will activate. Been watching the Fast & Furious lately?

I have more posts than you do simply because I've been on here a lot longer than you. Did you fail reading and math too?

Holy crap! I and many others have been running more than 75 hp of nitrous on a non sleeved B series block for years and it hasn't eaten any pistons...and I'm still miraculously using the same block on over 20k, how is that possible?

I know where you're coming from, it's called "left field". This forum exists for people to share useful information not misinformation which your post totally is. If you don't have any idea what you're talking about, don't post, just READ. When you finally do come across a post where you actually do know something factual that isn't an opinion, feel free to post. Otherwise you're just setting yourself up to get flamed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

youre the only one flaming there hommey. push buttons do exist, regardless of how much you want have that as your claim to fame. say what you want. i dont have time to listen to your bitching because you think you know it all. so READ this: floss with my pubic hair, and recognize that i have much more knowledge than you. just accept it.

and i graduated with high honers thank you, 6th in my class. so pffft.

blow me.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: (SUB-0 H23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SUB-0 H23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

man shut up already... know what you are talking 'bout b4 you post </TD></TR></TABLE>

you can join him in the flossing session, since youre all up on his nuts anyway.

Quick Reply: Nitrous