Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

ls/vtec question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 04:13 PM
H22A_HB

Default ls/vtec question

my friend has a ls motor and he was wondering what do you have to do to the head to put a b16 on the ls
Old 12-05-2004, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ls/vtec question (H22A_HB)

tap the oil passage on the b16 head and run oil feed from the oil sensor to the back of the head. need head studds,b16 head gasket,b16 timing belt.
complete head
u need obd1
wiring harness,
b16 distributer,
manifold,
driver side motor mount,
b16 headers.
upper radiator hose
vtec controller
vtec oil and water pump

i think thats it....basics atleast...

Old 12-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

balance the crank, aro rod bolts, arp headstuds, shotpeen the rods and get some new pistons.. or else ur wasting ur time. new pistons aren't really madatory but might as well, uness you are going turbo.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:47 PM

Default Re: ls/vtec question (H22A_HB)

pay someone. i wouldnt recommend him doin it if he hasnt ever. tell him to jus have it done right the first time or hell pay big later. if he trys it himself hell prolly mess somethin up then have to have a machinist do more work. if hes already had experience then have at it tho.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: (rough_draft)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rough_draft &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">balance the crank, aro rod bolts, arp headstuds, shotpeen the rods and get some new pistons.. or else ur wasting ur time. new pistons aren't really madatory but might as well, uness you are going turbo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H22A_HB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my friend has a ls motor and he was wondering what do you <U>have to do to the head to put a b16 on the ls </U></TD></TR></TABLE>

shotpeen is joke.

leavem alone get some pistons if anything.....honda cranks are factory balanced why waste a few hundred dollers...........unless ur building a 15000 doller motor that Revs to 10k+
Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ISawUL00k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ISawUL00k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

shotpeen is joke.

leavem alone get some pistons if anything.....honda cranks are factory balanced why waste a few hundred dollers...........unless ur building a 15000 doller motor that Revs to 10k+</TD></TR></TABLE>

stop spreading mis information
Old 12-07-2004, 07:10 PM

misinformation...?

dude wtf r u talking about.

how many motors u built ?

U

$$200+/- to have someone shoot BB's at ur rods ? why ? buy aftermarket if ur so freakedout about it
$100+ to repress pistons ??thats already $300+
rebalance rods $100+
for what.........stock ****...
all shotpeen does is make u feel safe.....................?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ISawUL00k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">misinformation...?

dude wtf r u talking about.

how many motor u built ?

U </TD></TR></TABLE>

only a few but wtf does that have to do with this.. go learn to spell
Old 12-07-2004, 07:18 PM

im at work i dont have time to proof read..

whatever u say dude but i now im right. so take ur bs somewhere else..go talk **** on another forum

there i put an S on motor so u can understand
Old 12-07-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Re: ls/vtec question (ISawUL00k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ISawUL00k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tap the oil passage on the b16 head and run oil feed from the oil sensor to the back of the head. need head studds,b16 head gasket,b16 timing belt.
complete head
u need obd1
wiring harness,
b16 distributer,
manifold,
driver side motor mount,
b16 headers.
upper radiator hose
vtec controller
vtec oil and water pump

i think thats it....basics atleast... </TD></TR></TABLE>

um i think you will need a gsr timing belt if you are using a vtec water pump and oil pump or an ls belt if you are using a ls water pump and oil pump. also why would you want to use a b16 header when it barely fits and is almost touching the bottom of the oil pan and heating the oil up. i recommend getting a header for a b18 motor. to build the motor right and with the least amount of headaches down the road get the lsvtec kit from golden eagle. it has everything you need to do the lsvtec conversion. i also recommned changing the pistons with some from a vtec motor because the valve reliefs are smaller than the valves(in the vtec head) in the ls. also you should upgrade the rod bolts to arp's if your friend is going to spin the motor past 7k. you will also need gsr head studs.

i am on a ls bottom with gsr crank and rods(w/arp's),p30 pistons, golden eagle lsvtec kit, plus a couple of more goodies and i have not had a problem yet with my setup. i am not running a girdle and didn't have the bottom end balanced and i take the motor up to 8.5k all the time and it holds up very well. i even took it on aroad trip with me to nj which was about a 800mile round trip (including driving around nj and such). it runs very good and pull really hard. look at my sig for times and #'s.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ISawUL00k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im at work i dont have time to proof read..

whatever u say dude but i now im right. so take ur bs somewhere else..go talk **** on another forum

there i put an S on motor so u can understand </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol i'm talking about ur dollers.

why not spend a couple extra hundred to ensure ur motor will be built right? i kinda wihs i used a block girdle