All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

I HATE TO DO THIS!!!!!!CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I HATE TO DO THIS!!!!!!CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES

Originally Posted by George Knighton
I'm temporarily closing this while we try to figure out what is going on.

It doesn't make sense.

DonF is an old timer. We haven't always agreed about things, but I have never known him to provide bad service, and from what I've heard of him in the past I'd have considered that any kind of cheat like this was just out of the question.

There's got to be something going on that we don't know about.

He has also NEVER been restrained from posting in the tech and marque forums. He was only restricted from the general discussion forums.

Everybody has a breaking point, and maybe he is past his...but from past experience we'd say it was unlikely.

Well seriously it seems that he has indeed ripped this guy off. even having people post for him that it was sent. and that the OP gave the wrong address. and that it got lost, and numerous other bullshit excuses..

he burned the OP and doesnt really care if he gets his block back or not. And agreeing with everyone else i'd definitely say that i want the block and money back..

I wouldnt take some block that he sent. and i sure as hell wouldnt trust it to run it.

I hope this gets resolved eventually and i'm glad it was reopened so others can see that this guy just burned the OP..
Old 12-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by George Knighton
I'm temporarily closing this while we try to figure out what is going on.

It doesn't make sense.

DonF is an old timer. We haven't always agreed about things, but I have never known him to provide bad service, and from what I've heard of him in the past I'd have considered that any kind of cheat like this was just out of the question.

There's got to be something going on that we don't know about.

He has also NEVER been restrained from posting in the tech and marque forums. He was only restricted from the general discussion forums.

Everybody has a breaking point, and maybe he is past his...but from past experience we'd say it was unlikely.

There is a first time for everything and frankly i find it bloody disgusting that you would even take somewhat of a bias position...!
Old 12-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You know what they say......

If it walks like a duck, and acts like a duck, its a duck.
In this case if it stinks like a skunk and looks like one ... It's a skunk!

I truely feel for this guy who got yanked around but unless he pays a visit or files suit nothing will come of this.

Lets let this die out now and those who have done business with him and had a good experience ... good for you.
But let this be a good lesson to those who might want to do business with him.
Play at your own risk.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Richard...

There is a first time for everything and frankly i find it bloody disgusting that you would even take somewhat of a bias position...!
x2 not the first time i seen a h-t mod backing up a scammer.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

talked to do today, he told me that he is waiting on fedex to find the package, it shows its been accepted...but not sent because of his account not being billed. they bill on the day of delivery. so they gave him a timeframe to be sometime next week due to the xmas holiday
Old 12-24-2009, 04:24 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Don ripped this kid off and is blaming it on shipping im sorry but these companies do not "lose" ****.

so is that the verdict? don rips kid off, george knighton, based on a few decent experiences with the guy closes the thread down and deems it "ok", and the guy never gets his stuff?

thats what it looks like to me. reason #2057 that there is a tq wrench, plasti-gauge, assembly lube, and a 90% assembled K24 in my spare room.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not like this thread was taken out of public view. It was temporarily closed. I have been monitoring this thread as well.. Reading all the replies and the situation. I'm not happy about it. I'd love to see a resolution and both parties happy.

I realize it has been a while, but only time will tell.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:46 PM

I'll agree it doesn't look good at all. There has to be some sort of record. Posting a simple receipt or even a screenshot of the fedex acct would go a long way
Old 12-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

donf is a scammer
Old 12-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by What.
Don ripped this kid off and is blaming it on shipping im sorry but these companies do not "lose" ****.

so is that the verdict? don rips kid off, george knighton, based on a few decent experiences with the guy closes the thread down and deems it "ok", and the guy never gets his stuff?

thats what it looks like to me. reason #2057 that there is a tq wrench, plasti-gauge, assembly lube, and a 90% assembled K24 in my spare room.
actually fedex lose alot of parcels during the year, not enough to effect anything, but it is still done. im giving it the benefit of the doubt, i have lost things in shippment and they have been alot more expensive then a block. we were restoring a lighthouse upper platform and we lost a shippment of the recast fixtures a box worth about 50k and weight about 2 tons. im still on top of contacting don to get this sorted. im calling him monday to see if any news.

and BTW i believe George Knighton is the one who banned don in the first place from the gdd section, so i dont believe they are that buddy buddy
Old 12-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's funny that everyone will jump all over Don and say he messed up for sure, blah blah blah, but the shipping company? Oh no, they're infallible. They never make mistakes; they never lose anything. You guys are a joke.

People have chosen sides; those of you against Don have no more proof to his not having or sending the block than those who believe he is doing what he can; you've gotten yourselves all fired up when you honestly don't really have any idea what is actually going on, it's all hearsay. It's easy to stand back and call bullshit on everything. The only thing we know for sure is that Don did not communicate with the OP as well as he should have, and everyone is admitting to that.

I'm not here to defend Don and say he wasn't in the wrong; I don't think anyone here is trying to do that. But you guys are awfully quick to jump on the bandwagon and dog on someone you don't have experience with or know anything about the situation. The biggest problem with this whole thread and situation is that there is very little proof of anything; we simply don't have facts to go on. Even the OP is not in here anymore; almost everything entirely is second hand.

Not that he would, but if it turns out that Don really did ship the motor weeks ago, and he got himself a good lawyer, he could probably come after some of you guys for slander since most of your allegations are unfounded. Just food for thought since you all want to throw legal action around.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gstrudler
It's funny that everyone will jump all over Don and say he messed up for sure, blah blah blah, but the shipping company? Oh no, they're infallible. They never make mistakes; they never lose anything. You guys are a joke.

People have chosen sides; those of you against Don have no more proof to his not having or sending the block than those who believe he is doing what he can; you've gotten yourselves all fired up when you honestly don't really have any idea what is actually going on, it's all hearsay. It's easy to stand back and call bullshit on everything. The only thing we know for sure is that Don did not communicate with the OP as well as he should have, and everyone is admitting to that.

I'm not here to defend Don and say he wasn't in the wrong; I don't think anyone here is trying to do that. But you guys are awfully quick to jump on the bandwagon and dog on someone you don't have experience with or know anything about the situation. The biggest problem with this whole thread and situation is that there is very little proof of anything; we simply don't have facts to go on. Even the OP is not in here anymore; almost everything entirely is second hand.

Not that he would, but if it turns out that Don really did ship the motor weeks ago, and he got himself a good lawyer, he could probably come after some of you guys for slander since most of your allegations are unfounded. Just food for thought since you all want to throw legal action around.
You are an idiot...even if Don shipped the motor weeks ago it was still almost a year after the op sent it to him...I know for a fact that shipping companies occasionally lose things(ups driver here)....the fact that Don wont even show any form of prooof the motor was shipped is what invalidates his claims,I'm pretty sure fedex gives a receipt of some sort when they pick an item up
Old 12-25-2009, 07:03 AM
All Motor Mentor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reactiondc2
You are an idiot...even if Don shipped the motor weeks ago it was still almost a year after the op sent it to him...I know for a fact that shipping companies occasionally lose things(ups driver here)....the fact that Don wont even show any form of prooof the motor was shipped is what invalidates his claims,I'm pretty sure fedex gives a receipt of some sort when they pick an item up

Exactly.

ProjecTeG- Thanks for doing what you're doing but nail Don down. Don't call him for updates or information as it's useless to everyone here, his credibility is somewhat lacking to say the least. ASK for a tracking number! and post it here. Anything less is a waste of your time and everyone else's time here.

4g hatch has NOT left this thread I can assure you, he simply replies when he has something to say and as most of you can see, it is very little since nothing has changed from the start of this thread.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there is nothing second hand on here. im telling you first hand. if i had a reciept i would post it. like i said i paid half down and the other half when i was told it was done. now it has been 8 months since i have sent the second half when i was told it was done,and almost a year since he recieved the motor.
whats hard to understand about that,and people are still on here saying its here-say,second hand,blah,blah,blah.even projectteg is friends with don and he's telling you that he's had the motor that long and its not right.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I feel bad for you buddy. I've read the whole thread and the situation is ridiculous. I hope everything gets resolved for you, and people think twice about doing business with him. I've seen his posts and he seems to be a very knowledgeable guy, but his business ethics, in this instance, are poor to say the least. He should be ashamed of himself for letting it get this far, and so should the people on here defending him. Good luck, hope it works out for you.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That sucks man that this still hasnt gotten straightened out. You can at least have some satisfaction if you believe in karma like i do.
What goes around really does in fact come around.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by gstrudler

he could probably come after some of you guys for slander since most of your allegations are unfounded. Just food for thought since you all want to throw legal action around.
2 points i want to touch here.

1. don clearly rips some kid off and WE are a joke? outstanding logic.

2. if YOU want to throw legal action around, the correct term would be "defamation of character" and it can only be used if the party doing the "defaming" stands to gain a profit. i.e. if endyn larry were to come in here and say "don sucks, he is a scammer, everyone send your motors to me." another caviat to defamation is that it has to be proven to be untrue, which, 12 months with a motor...not even O.J. is going to get the "innocent" verdict.

but average joe, who makes an observation, comes to his conclusion, and posts it, is just exercising his first amendment rights.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

shame one you donf!!!! i know your reading this you old fart
Old 12-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by What.

Believe it or not, FedEx lost an ITR block of mine. It went back and forth from Tenessee to Cali 3 times and took over a month to figure out what was going on. When I received it, it wasn't even in the original box that the block was shipped in and it was so damaged, FedEx considered it a total loss and refuned the money.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:36 AM
All Motor Mentor

all-mtr-teg, when that happend to you did you have a tracking number or something of that nature?
Old 12-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any word?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 00Red_SiR
all-mtr-teg, when that happend to you did you have a tracking number or something of that nature?
I did have a tracking #, but even with the tracking number, nobody could track it down and tell me where it was at that moment. Every few days I would enter the tracking number into the FedEx site and all it would say was that it was in route for delivery. After over 3 weeks of "in route for delivery status", I called corporate and they found it at a FedEx ground hub about an hour away from my house, and they informed of its multiple trips from TN, to CA, back to TN, to CA, to Las Vegas to TN, then back to CA. I told them to just hold it there and I would go and pick it up myself cause I was worried it would get sent back to Tenessee.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:42 PM
All Motor Mentor

I think at this point, if a tracking number(s) were posted, it would do a lot for this thread. At least it would back up the "It got lost in shipping story". Until then, myself and many others just believe it's another stall tactic.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 12-26-2009, 10:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

bump for don flores ripping people off and getting away with it.

Quick Reply: I HATE TO DO THIS!!!!!!CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES