Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

F20B header build

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F20B header build

I'm preparing to start my head build for my F20B engine, I would like to have the recommendation from H-T members on below:

1. which brand cams suggest to use? Only for NA build, no Turbo pls...
2. which brand valvetrain & retainer suggest to use?

Any other modification need to cater during the head build process?
Please advise.

Thanks in advance....^^

Last edited by jackiewogn518; 05-02-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F20B header build

look @ what works for others.
f20b's got some d-sent cams. save up for a QSD H2B kit. * Not evo kit* And a stock or "quaife" LSD.
QSD H2B is a must!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kingofbattle909
look @ what works for others.
f20b's got some d-sent cams. save up for a QSD H2B kit. * Not evo kit* And a stock or "quaife" LSD.
QSD H2B is a must!

But the F20B is on my JDM Accord CF4 sirt, not on the B-series chassis....
From QSD product, i can't see any camshaft ....etc. they recommend....

Can you let me know the details for the header build?
Thanks!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The F20B isn't a very common in the states, sense you can get an H22 for cheap. I'd imagine finding info on parts would be hard.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HdeucedeuceA
The F20B isn't a very common in the states, sense you can get an H22 for cheap. I'd imagine finding info on parts would be hard.
H22 and F20 parts should be inter-changeable, i believe the header parts can be share....
Isn't it?

My ride is already with the type-s cam, any better camshaft to replace?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what do you mean by a "header build"?

Is the block stock?

Of so, I would say skunk2 pro1s.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eDm cRxXx

Is the block stock?

Judging by what he's mentioned I think he means "head" build.

Look at Skunk2 pro1s with the pro valvetrain if you're keeping the compression stock

http://www.skunk2.com/engine-2.php?code=CSPH
Old 05-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The F20B does share some parts with the H22 but not all of them (as far as within the head, all but the intake valves are interchangeable). Judging by the questions in the first post, you can.....

1) Since its NA and im assuming you'll be keeping the stock pistons, the Skunk2 Pro1 cams are very good and have a great powerband.

2) Use the Skunk2 springs with the retainers of your choice. If youre planning on using aftermarket valves, keep in mind that the intake valves on an F20B are 34mm versus 35mm on the H22 so you wouldnt be able to use those. The exhaust valves are 30mm like the H22 so you'd be able to use those.

Look into a good header and different intake manifold to really see some good results (both of which are interchangeable with H22 manifolds)

Hope this helps
Old 05-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eDm cRxXx

Is the block stock?

yes....still using stock block....
skunk2 pro1s require to change the valvetrain & retainer or not?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jr_deleon
The F20B does share some parts with the H22 but not all of them (as far as within the head, all but the intake valves are interchangeable). Judging by the questions in the first post, you can.....

1) Since its NA and im assuming you'll be keeping the stock pistons, the Skunk2 Pro1 cams are very good and have a great powerband.

2) Use the Skunk2 springs with the retainers of your choice. If youre planning on using aftermarket valves, keep in mind that the intake valves on an F20B are 34mm versus 35mm on the H22 so you wouldnt be able to use those. The exhaust valves are 30mm like the H22 so you'd be able to use those.

Look into a good header and different intake manifold to really see some good results (both of which are interchangeable with H22 manifolds)

Hope this helps
Thanks for your help first!! ^_^

1) yes...i will still keep the motor in NA as Hong Kong is difficult to find a mechanic to have the good turbo setup for Honda car. Is that the s2 pro-1s will having great performance from mid to hi REV? As my car will be using for daily driving.

2) what's the different if changing the cam gear? sorry for such stupid question as I'm new to the engine mod. sk2 pro1s cam require to change the valvetrain & retainer or not?

for the head, I'm using Mugen 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and the intake manifold is using Euro IM....Hope you can give me some guide on the engine mod.

Thanks!! ^_^
Old 05-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackiewogn518
I'm preparing to start my header build for my F20B engine, I would like to have the recommendation from H-T members on below:

1. which brand cams suggest to use? Only for NA build, no Turbo pls...
2. which brand valvetrain & retainer suggest to use?

Any other modification need to cater during the header build process?
Please advise.

Thanks in advance....^^

Hello jackiewogn518,
If your are interested in camshafts for your application Bisimoto Engineering has several levels of billet camshafts as well Bisimoto can design a custom camshafts set for your specific setup. We also have available Bisimoto valve springs and titanium retainer kits that have the proper spring seat pressure to prevent valve float as well prevent damage to the camshaft and other valve train components.

For more information or pricing you can send me a pm or check out Bisimoto.com

If you are looking for a quility custom header here is a little information of the Bisimoto Custom V2 header to help make a choice:

The Bisimoto V2 Custom header is a one off a kind header that is designed specifically for your setup. We would send you a spec sheet to fill to gather the information of what is currently in your setup and the header will be designed to extract the most amount of power of your unique setup. The way this process is achieved can be from different length primaries, collector size and a few other key points to make the header more efficient for your setup.

We do offer as well ceramic heat coating that will offer a power increase about 3-4% due to much lower under hood temperature as well as increase the thermal efficiency of the scavenging effect. Also the heat coating looks very cosmetically attractive being that it has a polished look.

For more information or pricing you can send me a pm or check out Bisimoto.com

Records under Bisimoto Engineering header designs:

World's Fastest and Quickest B-series Pro: 9.7et, on Bisimoto Header

World's Fastest and Quickest B-series Street: 10.4et, on Bisimoto Header

World's Fastest and Quickest H-series Street: 9.98et, on Bisimoto Header design

World's Fastest and Quickest F-series Pro: 9.3et, on Bisimoto Header

World's Fastest and Quickest D-series Pro: 10.7et, on Bisimoto Header

World's Fastest all motor car: 152mph: on Bisimoto header

If interested on more info PM me or check out Bisimoto.com

Ceramic Heat Coated

Uncoated

Old 05-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just replied to your pm
Old 05-04-2011, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jackiewogn518
Thanks for your help first!! ^_^

1) yes...i will still keep the motor in NA as Hong Kong is difficult to find a mechanic to have the good turbo setup for Honda car. Is that the s2 pro-1s will having great performance from mid to hi REV? As my car will be using for daily driving.

2) what's the different if changing the cam gear? sorry for such stupid question as I'm new to the engine mod. sk2 pro1s cam require to change the valvetrain & retainer or not?

for the head, I'm using Mugen 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and the intake manifold is using Euro IM....Hope you can give me some guide on the engine mod.

Thanks!! ^_^
Using cam gears simply allows you to adjust the timing to extract the most power you can from your setup. When using aftermarket cams, its basically a must (cam manufacturers have certain degrees to set the intake and exhaust cams to use as a starting point for a startup so the valves dont make contact) Your builder should also degree the cams in as well.

The Pro1 cams require the use of aftermarket valve springs (for the sake of warranty, use the Skunk2 ones so in the event that anything happens, you wont have any issues)

For a street setup the EuroR manifold is pretty good. Look into a bigger TB if possible
Old 05-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to thread hijack, i'm running an almost stock f20b with bolt ons but still have a megan header (stock but ss), i'm looking for a good 4-1 but dont want to spend too much as it sits very close to the front of my car and i do a form of racing that my involve contact lol,

i was looking at this one, any info on this? would be great, many thanks.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-CR...item45ec423373
Old 05-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jr_deleon
Using cam gears simply allows you to adjust the timing to extract the most power you can from your setup. When using aftermarket cams, its basically a must (cam manufacturers have certain degrees to set the intake and exhaust cams to use as a starting point for a startup so the valves dont make contact) Your builder should also degree the cams in as well.

The Pro1 cams require the use of aftermarket valve springs (for the sake of warranty, use the Skunk2 ones so in the event that anything happens, you wont have any issues)

For a street setup the EuroR manifold is pretty good. Look into a bigger TB if possible
Thanks jr_deleon!!

the Euro IM is already there with the big TB...
I just want to change the skunk2 pro1 camshaft with the valvespring and retainer.....is that not require to change the valve set?

someone in the forum use supertech valvespring with skunk2 pro1 cam....is it also okay?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You dont need to change the TB but it would help with a little power and better throttle response (sometimes there are good gains to be had)

You can use the Supertech springs, but for warranty purposes (just in case the unthinkable happens) it would be wise to use the springs manufactured by the same company that makes the camshafts
Old 05-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man such great info as always. think im gonna go for same set up when i get my f20b in my accord......(being broke sucks) but hopefully i can get this swap started in summer iono about cams,cam gear, and TB but at least rest should be good to go. (sorry for the hijack)