All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Engine builders needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Engine builders needed

I can't afford to trailor this car to and from the track (will have to tow if something breaks, but I live 10min from the track)

So looks like I'm just going to have to tighten up the clearances on the mains if I'm going to want to have it last longer and able to drive it on the street.

Thanks for everyones help, opinions and insight. Greatly appreciated!
Old 05-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you even contacted GE yet? They used the clearances they felt comfortable with and wouldn't have built it for you at those clearances if they thought you would break down right away. They have a rep to keep. They are professionals with very precise measuring tools, having some local guy take it back apart again is probably going to cause more problems than fix.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hybrid_KJ
Have you even contacted GE yet? They used the clearances they felt comfortable with and wouldn't have built it for you at those clearances if they thought you would break down right away. They have a rep to keep. They are professionals with very precise measuring tools, having some local guy take it back apart again is probably going to cause more problems than fix.
I just sent them a pm on here today.

I wanted to get opinions before I start pointing fingers and blaming their company. I'm not one to just confront people before I atleast have an idea if something is wrong to begin with. I am NOT saying GE is in the wrong by any means. They do great work and I'm very happy with the work they did.

I will be emailing them when I get home (they will be closed by then) and probably calling them tomorrow if I get the chance. (I work during the day full time and don't have the ability to phone long distances-I'm located in Canada)

Last edited by Bond; 05-11-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If ge built the short block I would run it. Their alot of ge built turbo shortblocks around and their holding the power.