All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

crome pro users come here..

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 07:50 PM
DYNO-PRO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crome Pro (crx=si)

Made it work on your laser?? More info please sir??
Old 02-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Crome Pro (WHITFIELD-TUNED)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WHITFIELD-TUNED &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Made it work on your laser?? More info please sir?? </TD></TR></TABLE>
well I pretty much made a race harness for that car, I welded a bung on the coolant neck for the honda coolant temp sensor, 3 bar map sensor is self explain, TPS read the same as honda 0.5V - 5V (I actually used a ford 75mm TB with ford TPS), Intake temp sesor I used a GM one since it alot more sensitive than the honda unit, camshaft opening valves are the same as an LS integra so I have a plate machined that bolted to the DSM head and the other end bolted to an OBD1 sohc distributor with reverse firing orders (since dsm motor spins clockwise), and the rest are just injectors, I used a P06 ecu since I don't have v-tec, cheap free engine management for my car
Old 02-05-2007, 08:39 PM
DYNO-PRO

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crx=si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
well I pretty much made a race harness for that car, I welded a bung on the coolant neck for the honda coolant temp sensor, 3 bar map sensor is self explain, TPS read the same as honda 0.5V - 5V (I actually used a ford 75mm TB with ford TPS), Intake temp sesor I used a GM one since it alot more sensitive than the honda unit, camshaft opening valves are the same as an LS integra so I have a plate machined that bolted to the DSM head and the other end bolted to an OBD1 sohc distributor with reverse firing orders (since dsm motor spins clockwise), and the rest are just injectors, I used a P06 ecu since I don't have v-tec, cheap free engine management for my car </TD></TR></TABLE> ohh ok i thought you meant you were able to modify mitsubishi/plymouth bin files and tune them in crome
Old 02-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crx=si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
well I pretty much made a race harness for that car, I welded a bung on the coolant neck for the honda coolant temp sensor, 3 bar map sensor is self explain, TPS read the same as honda 0.5V - 5V (I actually used a ford 75mm TB with ford TPS), Intake temp sesor I used a GM one since it alot more sensitive than the honda unit, camshaft opening valves are the same as an LS integra so I have a plate machined that bolted to the DSM head and the other end bolted to an OBD1 sohc distributor with reverse firing orders (since dsm motor spins clockwise), and the rest are just injectors, I used a P06 ecu since I don't have v-tec, cheap free engine management for my car </TD></TR></TABLE>

someone else thinkin outside the box...
Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 PM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: Crome Pro (2k.civic.si)

Sounds like someone I know
Old 03-12-2007, 09:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crx=si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I use Crome Pro daily, love it to death, best bang for the bucks, hell I even made it works on my 90 plymouth laser turbo, made over 600whp </TD></TR></TABLE>

Post pictures of the setup
Old 06-05-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: crome pro users come here.. (JDMlyfestyle)

cant wait to tune ls turbo with crome...
Old 06-06-2007, 02:26 PM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: crome pro users come here.. (JERKthisDC2)

im ready when you are
Old 06-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbogixxer)

I bought my ostrich last fall and have had to replace batteries 3 times now.

It gets all funny starts throwing codes and goes into limp mode hard core sputtering.

Change batteries, re-load rom and off I go. I have resorted to burning chips and using ostrich with fresh batteries for dyno and track time.

My only complaint, but the burn1 is awesome and datalogging rocks. Crome pro is the only way to go.

My PLXM300 won't read into crome for some reason either.

I have kinks for sure but I haven't blamed anything yet.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (sauceja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sauceja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought my ostrich last fall and have had to replace batteries 3 times now.

It gets all funny starts throwing codes and goes into limp mode hard core sputtering.

Change batteries, re-load rom and off I go. I have resorted to burning chips and using ostrich with fresh batteries for dyno and track time.

My only complaint, but the burn1 is awesome and datalogging rocks. Crome pro is the only way to go.

My PLXM300 won't read into crome for some reason either.

I have kinks for sure but I haven't blamed anything yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the first batch of ostrich. That was 3 years ago. Never changed the batteries.

Your wiring.setting are wrong with PLXor it is bad. I just tune a car with PLX300 and it work great in crome.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:08 PM

I've never tuned my own vehicle.. Am I better of getting a hondata set up and paying someone to tune it, or trying to do it myself with crome pro? I'd rather do it my self but I have a really pricey build at stake here.. not your average build.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: crome pro users come here.. (WHITFIELD-TUNED)

Old 06-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crome pro users come here.. (JERKthisDC2)

bump for crome!

once I get my motor pulled and install all the parts im going with crome!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (shad0wslay3r)

Depends.

Figure it will take about 500.00 for Crome Pro, Wideband O2, Ostrich
Chipped ecu with a basemap is around 130.00-175.00

Then you still need a labtop to tune and make changes with. You say well hondata costs less than 500.00.

Yeah but then you still don't have a wideband or a laptop.

If you are looking for a labtop I recommend having 2 usb ports, 512 MB Ram, 20 gig HD and 1.2 Ghertz or more. These are rough minimums.

Turbogixxer: I know I have to wire in a filter on my wideband wire into the ecu. And I am going to rerun my power and ground for my WB to the battery. That should take care of one glitch.
The other thing in crome 1.4 I think when I open wideband settings and go to PLX there are no preset ratios.
So I have to plug my own in which I don't mind but if I switch to a different one and back to PLX then they are gone.
I forget the settings but 0V = 0 10V=20AF I think but that doesn't sound right at all.
I have them wrote down at home.

Otherwise everything with crome runs fine and I would much rather support fellow tuners i.e. John Cui, Chris Moates etc than some big corporation i.e. Hondata who doesn't care about the struggling DIY tuner. They just want you money.

Email John or Chris and it may take a few days but they all try to help.

http://www.pgmfi.org has also been a good resource.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:00 AM

I have a laptop and what not, i guess i'll try crome pro
Old 06-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Try crome free first and see if you like it. No pain there.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 PM

I have the free crome version, what else am I all going to need to use it with my car?

When using crome do you still chip your ecu?

Is there a thread that has some "tuning for noob" ****?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.pgmfi.org is all about tuning and obd0 - obd1 hondas.

This site doesn't put up with **** as much as here so I suggest doing alot of you own research and asking intelligent questions or you will get worse answers than H-T.com

There is alot of info there and will be very confusing at first, this will not be an overnight perfection. But will answer all of your initial questions you will have.

Have fun.

Also if you have some money. http://www.efi101.com for some classes.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:36 PM

Aight

Thanks

Will let you know how it goes

Old 06-07-2007, 03:41 PM

I'm having problems getting onto pgmfi.org

:-/

Manged to get onto their forum, though. Will start reading up.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any actual tutorials on how to use the program itself? I know basically how it all hooks up, i've had my car tuned. But i'd like to start doing it myself so im going to buy the package from xenocron.com But once i start to use the program i'm sure i'd be lost. And im pretty nervous about blowing up my set up. Pgmfi.org is real slow so its kind of hard to get answers on there.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shad0wslay3r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm having problems getting onto pgmfi.org

:-/ </TD></TR></TABLE>
I had that problem too

Try forum.pgmfi.org
Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostedb20EH2)

Answers are kinda slow but just like this board almost everything has already been covered.
Getting into the game now puts most of the noobs a few years past the 8-ball.

Reading pgmfi IS the manual for crome/pro. Kinda sucks but when you talk about spoon feeding, if you want to learn how to tune your car then now is the time to take the silver out of your mouth and hit the books. From here on out you have to research, remember and then research some more until you think you know it, then research it all over again because there is something you missed.
Tuning is not extremely difficult but also not for every guy on the neighborhood. Learning is mostly trial and error and if you live in the middle of the desert there is nobody you can just go up to and say hey, how come this ........... you get what I am saying.

Good luck.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've been doing my best on reading on there
Still kind of lost on what to do when, when you start to tune is there an order you go in? Injector duty, boost tables, pulling timing, etc.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

http://www.xenocron.com

Quick Reply: crome pro users come here..