All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Best place to have you intake manifold ported and reworked????

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (VtecKiDD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecKiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just curious, has anyone shelled out the money for the Full Race manifold:

DonF ported my intake manifold i make 237whp AEBS so my hats off to him</TD></TR></TABLE>
anyone tested this?
Old 03-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vivid 02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SFWDcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exactly said above. they probably saw a huge drama ahead if they reply to your e mail and say there better, so they said chose who ever. they know they are good, and people who want work done by them wont have a "so who's better, you or a,b,c or D" ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wasn't trying to see if they would say it is better. Just wanted to find out more facts regarding there manifolds and others.

It wasn't a $ issue either, I had it packed and ready to ship to Endyn and I also mentioned that to them. They didn't say choose whoever, they told me to go with IB or Hookups. Its like they were pushing me away to purchase their product.

Please spare me the BS about drama. I see so many posts here about header comparisons, camshaft comparison, etc. I haven't seen a post regarding reworked IM comparison.

So how else would you find out more info regarding a certain product. Go by what people say or would you rather try and get more info from the manufacturer.

At least with IB, they provide me with the details of what they do and also graphs. Which I would call great customer service.

I expected the same service from Endyn as well due to their great reputation.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vivid 02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vivid 02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now thats a ******** response. Just on that alone don't buy it from them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

and if I was a business I wouldn't sell anything to you...

you think people like that, who work for a living have time to spend on the phone trying to convince people why they should buy there products? I'm sure they have much more important things to do, like work on the things people are paying them to do.

To me that responce says, "we know we do the best work, if you don't send it somewhere else"...

people that have been in business a long time and do good work, don't have to worry about convincing every young guy that calls on the phone about using there product. they have to worry about getting that stack of parts done and shipped to the customer...
Old 03-22-2006, 02:44 AM

Default Re: (Jon V)

Dennis at LDL does great port jobs
Old 03-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Egyptian_Kid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Egyptian_Kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dennis at LDL does great port jobs </TD></TR></TABLE>

LDL = GOOD PEOPLE
Old 03-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg6ajk)

Endyn promised my manifold to be done in two weeks, and they did it one day early. I will be getting it back on sat, just in time before my dyno. They offer me great customer service through email and phone calls but their price is more than others.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

because there might be a reason one is almost 200 more. </TD></TR></TABLE>

but price is ONLY a number so i will have to see how it looks, But they did quote me $450 and it was cheaper than that...only by a little.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:51 PM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: (Supah_Eg6)

i cant post prices however our manifold is cnc ported by brad anderson (on a 5 axis cnc machine) i used to have pics of this manifold up but peeps were not too interested.. i will tell you that this manifold is on our allmotor pro car that just went 10.6 in arizona..... we have them readily avail. as far as clean rice talking about nutswingers .. dont hate because we are trying to provide a service to the import industry.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:52 PM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (Davep)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Davep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why would you get one from IB for $550 when you can get the same thing from Hookups for $390?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DEMNTD1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DEMNTD1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here an odd reply from Endyn.

I asked Endyn if they ever compared their manifolds between IB and Hookups manifolds and what were the results. I also informed them I had my manifold boxed up and ready to ship to Endyn. I expected them to try to tell me that Endyn was much better due to what ever the reason.

The reply I received was:

"I'd use IB or Hookups if I were you."

Not sure if this was a sarcastic remark or not. Currently trying to get clarification. Now not sure who to send it too.

Probably will just order one from IB or Hookups.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, sorry but i would say the same thing.

when you start designing parts and selling them you don't like it when people ask you is it better than this or that. have you ever went to a resturant and asked them whats good on the menu? they will happily say, "everything is good".
Old 03-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (visi0n)

dose anyone port the aebs manifold? seems they are only doing the skunk2 and type r on this post...
Old 03-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (HOOKUPS)

HOOKUPS,
its nice work, i was curious about a few things:
-was this piece cnc cut? seems like there is what looks like cnc marks there?
-i noticed that you didnt add volume to the pleneum. was this because there is not enugh meat to add a ammount that makes a differance? or were there other reasons

thank you for any comments
marcin.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (marcin)

Yeah, all the porting is done with a CNC machine.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:47 AM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: (APC4EVR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by APC4EVR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think its about damn time for a IB, HOOKUPS, ENDYN ported intake manifold showdown.</TD></TR></TABLE> im pretty sure they are the same thing
Old 03-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HOOKUPS)

Does IB wanna chime in? i would think a cnc port would be more consistant than a hand port, just to eliminate human error
Old 03-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SFWDcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SFWDcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does IB wanna chime in? i would think a cnc port would be more consistant than a hand port, just to eliminate human error</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think Jeff at IB was banned from honda-tech. i know Larry at Endyn has been banned.

id also like to know if anyone does work on the aebs. specifically the gsr aebs since its the one that is supposed to have the right port angles for a gsr head.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:38 PM
DYNO-PRO

Default Re: (Disco Monkey)

we only CNC port p73 manifolds
Old 03-23-2006, 12:50 PM

Default Re: (HOOKUPS)

IB
Old 03-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (totsie7944)

Damn those fools got banned!!! shady
Old 03-23-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (HOOKUPS)

Originally Posted by HOOKUPS
we only CNC port p73 manifolds
im pretty sure they are the same thing
i cant post prices however our manifold is cnc ported by brad anderson (on a 5 axis cnc machine) i used to have pics of this manifold up but peeps were not too interested.. i will tell you that this manifold is on our allmotor pro car that just went 10.6 in arizona..... we have them readily avail. as far as clean rice talking about nutswingers .. dont hate because we are trying to provide a service to the import industry.
Hookups, Chris or whoever you are. You really, really are naive to think that Brad Anderson wouldnt find out your advertising his services here on some web site and claiming your going through him. Brad is probably going to threaten a lawsuit on you for lying, blatantly. Chris, why do you blatantly lie to all these people on here and make all kinds of false claims? Why? You think nobody is going to call you on your lies? Lets state some facts, so people here know the truth, then you can shut your damn mouth.

#1 YOu got 15 of those manifolds from a partnership that went bad, and they were released from a long court battle between Scott Jennings and his partner.
#2 You had absolutely nothing to do with the design, or anything, whatsoever in those manifolds. Scott Jennings designed them, paid close to 40k for the digitizing on the CNC work, and Scotts partner had those manifolds left over after the court deal, in which he offered them to you for $200 a piece, so you bought all he had.
#3 After you sell those 15, you will have no more.
#4 You do NOT get, and WILL never get any manifolds from Brad Anderson, ever because your not authorized to do so, ever, for eternity.
#5 You took full credit for other peoples work, once again, like you always do. Again, you had nothing, and I mean nothing to do with that manifold.
#6 These manifolds, about 9 of them don't even bolt up to the throttle body becuase they were prototypes and the TB holes are off. You probably dont even know this becuase you had nothing to do with making them, or designing them.
#7 The manifolds you have were 1st generation prototypes and LOST horsepower over stock on the motors they were tested on at Edelbrock. Why weren't you there for that testing Chris? because you had nothing to do with anything and are just trying to take credit?
#8 the manifolds you have are nothing like the Manifolds that IB sells now, which are 4 generations later than the ones you have, which were made in about 1999. IB is exclusive sellers of these manifolds, and nobody else has access to them. So stop claiming you can get them, becuase Brad Anderson will take your *** to court if your mouth keeps running amuck like it is with lies.
#9 You can only do P73 manifolds, becuase thats all you have, about 15 of them left over from the court deal, after those are gone, your out of business on these, becuase again, you can't go to Brad Anderson, ever.

And oyu say, don't hate becuase your "trying to provide a sevice to the import industry" ?

The only service your providing is blatantly lying to your customers and people here on this web site. I mean you didnt think Brad would here about your posting on here or Scott and come on here and correct your lying mouth?

So finally, this manifold was Designed by Scott Jennings, done by Brad Anderson, and the only authorized agent to sell these manifolds is Import Builders. Not you. Your lucky the partner sold you those 15 for about $200 each, which are all junk. At least you had a few days in the spotlight with a slim chance for people to swing on your nutsach. But now that people know the truth, looks like your nutsach aint swinging anymore huh?

Lets see, new manifold wholesale like $180, CNC work 10k for the program, and $200 per manifold, + welding, + finish milling, + cleanup. Looks like you got pretty lucky getting them for $200 each, because if you actually had anything to do with designing them, you would be charging $600 a manifold just to break even.

And people on here, whatever this guy Chris says, its probably a lie. Go ahead and call Brad Anderson and ask him yourself. Since CHris is so keen on naming names. HE wants to throw around Brad Andersons name like their buddies. Funny thing is....Chris is banned from Brad Andersons shop.

Thats funny huh?

So caught in another huge lie...what will Chris come on and say next?

Paul
Ontario
Old 03-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (Hero99)

Old 03-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (Hero99)

Hero99, can you give us a little backround on the people and situation involved? Is Brad anderson brad at RLZ? and is scott jennings at IB? i'd like to know more of the story before we all asume something wrong.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SFWDcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn those fools got banned!!! shady</TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't think IB was banned for being shady
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1394393
Old 03-23-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (SFWDcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SFWDcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hero99, can you give us a little backround on the people and situation involved? Is Brad anderson brad at RLZ? and is scott jennings at IB? i'd like to know more of the story before we all asume something wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

who gives a **** about who says what on the internet? Just ******* call there and ask yourself. Or go there. Either one. He is in Ontario and he does CNC work for Top Fuel teams not for hookups. Hookups will never get any work done from there ever. Just a phone call away! And youll see whos lying. If you cant make 1 call, then you shouldnt be on the internet asking redundent questions.

Paul
Ontario
Old 03-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hero99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">#6 These manifolds, about 9 of them don't even bolt up to the throttle body because they were prototypes and the TB holes are off.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well that certainly sucks, if true

Old 03-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Disco Monkey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Disco Monkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't think IB was banned for being shady
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1394393 </TD></TR></TABLE>

IB wasnt being shady at all. Like i mentioned in that thread, he was banned for starting a political discussion. Or a religious one if you prefer.

Quick Reply: Best place to have you intake manifold ported and reworked????