All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Best place to have you intake manifold ported and reworked????

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (Hella_JDM)

Two different way to rework the manifold plenum:Endyne polish it, importbuilders doesn't.

Who is right?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (victorpapa)

i called endyn about it, they told me that each one is made to order based on the customer's application. 1.8L port is much different than a 2.0L port. who else does that?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (Oldskool teggy)

There seems to be allot of "HOOKUPS" nut swingers around lately.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (clean rice)

Yes it comes with a new OEM manifold.

If you're referring to me, I'm not a "nut swinger". I just purchased a product from a company and I'm happy with what I received. I have no affiliation with any of these shops.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (clean rice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clean rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If Rocket makes it, I will buy </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clean rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
There seems to be allot of "HOOKUPS" nut swingers around lately. </TD></TR></TABLE>

kinda like all those Rocket nut swingers...
Old 03-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (DEMNTD1)

I wonder if any of these guys will do K mani's...

I already talked to Endyn about a custom mani, maybe I should have asked about getting a stock mani reworked...
Old 03-15-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (DEMNTD1)

Yeah I agree with the **** and beer. With enough beer you WILL have the fastest car in the world.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (Disco Monkey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Disco Monkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

kinda like all those Rocket nut swingers...</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL...
Old 03-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (Disco Monkey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Disco Monkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kinda like all those Rocket nut swingers...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see what you're saying, but it just seems like there is a fued developing of "HOOKUPS" vs. everyone else....thats what I was kinda gettin at.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So can anybody speak on the HOOKUPS IM or. the IB manifold? personal experiences?
Old 03-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (SFWDcoupe)

does anyone have any first hand experience with these?
Old 03-15-2006, 05:01 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (KINGSOL18)

i know i want to order the hookups one right now
Old 03-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (SFWDcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SFWDcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So can anybody speak on the HOOKUPS IM or. the IB manifold? personal experiences?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b19coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IB did my intake manifold too </TD></TR></TABLE>
My 1.8 liter motor is making 222 Dynojet horsepower, I am thinking that the manifold works
Old 03-15-2006, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (b19coupe)

Just curious, has anyone shelled out the money for the Full Race manifold:

DonF ported my intake manifold i make 237whp AEBS so my hats off to him
Old 03-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (VtecKiDD)

Was planning on getting one from either IB or Endyn. Now Endyn I will need to provide a core and still spend $450. IB just spend $550 and they will provide the core.

Now Endyn requests your engine mods, as mentioned above 1.6, 1.8, and 2.0L engines will be different specs. Yes each is made to order. They informed me it would take 3 weeks this time of the season.

Similar to headers from SMSP, Hytech, RMF, Etc. Pending on the displacement and mods the design and piping size may differ.

Was leaning toward IB, but will now just send my ITR manifold to Endyn. Been having some issues with Jeff regarding shipping.

Would like to see a dyno comparison between the reworked manifolds from Endyn, IB, Hookups, etc. similar to the header shootout results.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd go with highend autosports fully ported runners ans plenumb, cut and re-welded. weld is ground down and bead blasted so it looks like it was never touched. Works geat. I'll try to post pics of it. I think they were doing them for like $150 no manifold.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:57 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (cptengineer)

damn please more info on that
Old 03-16-2006, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to have your intake manifold ported and reworked???? (cptengineer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cptengineer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd go with highend autosports fully ported runners ans plenumb, cut and re-welded. weld is ground down and bead blasted so it looks like it was never touched. Works geat. I'll try to post pics of it. I think they were doing them for like $150 no manifold. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds very nice.. Post up dyno sheets and pics if possible...
Old 03-16-2006, 11:10 AM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Most of the good head porters are willing to do something like this custom for you. Hell personally, I would ask someone like Brad at RLZ to do one with a custom plenum a la JG sheetmetal. Its going to cost more than 500 bones, but still waaaaay cheaper than ITBs. Just IMO
Old 03-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rochesterricer)

I'll be getting my hands on a full race intake manifold and comparing it on my own vs. the JG that I currently have. They need to machine something for it to fit my b16 head, but as soon as they do that I'll be getting one. But it's too bad my car is turbo.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BodyKits NW)

Here an odd reply from Endyn.

I asked Endyn if they ever compared their manifolds between IB and Hookups manifolds and what were the results. I also informed them I had my manifold boxed up and ready to ship to Endyn. I expected them to try to tell me that Endyn was much better due to what ever the reason.

The reply I received was:

"I'd use IB or Hookups if I were you."

Not sure if this was a sarcastic remark or not. Currently trying to get clarification. Now not sure who to send it too.

Probably will just order one from IB or Hookups.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DEMNTD1)

well the cool thing is hookups has them in stock NOW. Im like 15 mins away. totally beats waiting 3 weeks for it if not more. maybe for the endyn guys its not worth their time, since they do so much RnD and other stuff. not to mention maybe your engine combo isnt that advanced to need all their specific features.

id go with whomever is more convenient, and will get it to you quicker. I'm sure quality will be similiar, and its not like you will see 10 whp more on the endyn than a hookups or IB. realistically, since every motor is different, im sure the performance difference between the three hp wise is slim
Old 03-17-2006, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DEMNTD1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here an odd reply from Endyn.

I asked Endyn if they ever compared their manifolds between IB and Hookups manifolds and what were the results. I also informed them I had my manifold boxed up and ready to ship to Endyn. I expected them to try to tell me that Endyn was much better due to what ever the reason.

Not sure if this was a sarcastic remark or not. Currently trying to get clarification. Now not sure who to send it too.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What did you expect them to say? they know what they are capable of they probly just didn't feel like trying to sell you through E-mail...
Old 03-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jon V)

Exactly said above. they probably saw a huge drama ahead if they reply to your e mail and say there better, so they said chose who ever. they know they are good, and people who want work done by them wont have a "so who's better, you or a,b,c or D" ?
Old 03-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DEMNTD1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here an odd reply from Endyn.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now thats a ******** response. Just on that alone don't buy it from them.

Quick Reply: Best place to have you intake manifold ported and reworked????