All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON

Took some time preparing a nice graph so you all can compare. The graph says it all.
If I missed some setup details let me know.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON (ChameleonDesignz)

In all honesty this is not a true comparison without using the same exact motor for the tested parts. Although you may think its a similar build you just cant compare the resulting numbers against each other. Like all good science projects there has to be constants.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would have liked to have seen a dyno comparison with an exhaust on the blue setup.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON (00b18b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00b18b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In all honesty this is not a true comparison without using the same exact motor for the tested parts. Although you may think its a similar build you just cant compare the resulting numbers against each other. Like all good science projects there has to be constants.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed.

Nice info but not a comparison.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:57 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON (ChameleonDesignz)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2244468
Old 03-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks like an advertisement..........
Old 03-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Natural Aspirations)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Natural Aspirations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like an advertisement..........</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have a comparison with my H2b crx with a fully built block.. compared to my b16 with a stock bottom end and a thrown rod.. anyone want to see it..??
Old 03-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

I think it's a fair comparsion. it's basicley a bored/sleeved out B.

stroke is the same for the two engine along with the R/S ratio. also, both share the same head which means more resemblence inbetween them, so i guess they are comparable.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

and another thing, guys i wonder from where did all that midrange come from???

do you think it's from the ITB's or from the 3" exaust???
Old 03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you try the Victor X manifold on the 86mm?
Old 03-17-2008, 06:00 PM

Default Re: 86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON (HotboxedTypeR)

I think he sold the Victor X manifold manifold, so I don't think he will be able to test it.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Re: (overrev_it)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by overrev_it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and another thing, guys i wonder from where did all that midrange come from???

do you think it's from the ITB's or from the 3" exaust???</TD></TR></TABLE>Most of it is more than likely due to the bigger displacement.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by overrev_it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it's a fair comparsion.</TD></TR></TABLE>The one with more midrange has bigger displacement, bigger header, different pistons, and ITB's...how is that anything close to a fair comparison?
I can't even figure out what the comparison is supposed to be. Is he trying to compare small tube vs big tube headers? Is he trying to compare RS vs CP pistons? Is he trying to compare Victor X vs ITB's? Or 1973cc vs 2068cc displacement?
It's a good increase, but it's hard to tell what helped and what might've hurt.(although, more displacement can only help )
Old 03-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON (00b18b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00b18b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In all honesty this is not a true comparison without using the same exact motor for the tested parts. Although you may think its a similar build you just cant compare the resulting numbers against each other. Like all good science projects there has to be constants.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry i was just comparing my old and new setup nothing between an exact modification or parts.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by overrev_it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and another thing, guys i wonder from where did all that midrange come from???

do you think it's from the ITB's or from the 3" exaust???</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would say itbs and the extra 2mm displacement.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (TrippinBull)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrippinBull &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most of it is more than likely due to the bigger displacement.The one with more midrange has bigger displacement, bigger header, different pistons, and ITB's...how is that anything close to a fair comparison?
I can't even figure out what the comparison is supposed to be. Is he trying to compare small tube vs big tube headers? Is he trying to compare RS vs CP pistons? Is he trying to compare Victor X vs ITB's? Or 1973cc vs 2068cc displacement?
It's a good increase, but it's hard to tell what helped and what might've hurt.(although, more displacement can only help )</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was just comparing my new setup to the old one, i posted to see opinions in what to expect from the car, does all that midrange will make thing aat track very different?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (ChameleonDesignz)

it will make a difference as fck lol...
Old 03-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (ChameleonDesignz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ChameleonDesignz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I was just comparing my new setup to the old one, i posted to see opinions in what to expect from the car, does all that midrange will make thing aat track very different? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah sorry your thread title made it seem like you were comparing the 2 to each other!!! when this is actually more of a "before and after"

good power. you will Definitely see a difference at the track!!

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by overrev_it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it's a fair comparsion. it's basicley a bored/sleeved out B.

stroke is the same for the two engine along with the R/S ratio. also, both share the same head which means more resemblence inbetween them, so i guess they are comparable.</TD></TR></TABLE>
no, they're not.
You think two typeR engines bought from hmotorsonline are going to make the same exact whp??
..give me a break..
Old 03-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (IntegraType-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraType-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
no, they're not.
You think two typeR engines bought from hmotorsonline are going to make the same exact whp??
..give me a break..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just a before and after comparison i never mentioned about comparing specific parts. Anyways I also think its a fair comparison just bigger block, same header style(bigger tubes) and a different intake system. anything else its the same as before is not like fresh starting from 0.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON (racecar chassis builder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racecar chassis builder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats a really good comparison...For me to poop on.
You are comparing two completly different set ups and calling it a tb and header
comparison.You should spend more time on your car making go faster than seeing
what people think of your combo,s</TD></TR></TABLE>

i just posted for info for you all to see... if you're not interested just don't post. OLD vs NEW SETUP comparison, how do i make it bigger so people understand???.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:44 PM

it is a good post man. I dont why This KIDS or hatin on u keep up the good work
Old 03-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (racecar chassis builder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racecar chassis builder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yes you did..

Re: 86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON

One is 86 and the other is 84
One has heavier CP pistons and different cr.
One has Eagle rods the other stock rods
One is open header the other one not
And last but probably not least different ECU,s

Where is it a fair comparison?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just wrote that on subject so people some time later can search for one of those things and get a result. When comparing you use the word "VS" between the parts. It just common sense everybody else got the point of a new and old setup.

One is 86 and the other is 84 = people can get an idea of the powerband of a bigger motor, even if they produce same peak power.

One has heavier CP pistons and different cr. = those are CP lighweight pistons, thats why i put X on them (do your homework before talking) / same compresion ratio as before / those pistons on eagle rods weighted the same as oem rods with rs machines pistons.)

One has Eagle rods the other stock rods = forged and non forged common sense, they're a must when upgrading to 86mm at least for me.

One is open header the other one not = we tried open header and same results, exactly.

And last but probably not least different ECU,s - when switching from crome to ectune you just need to buy the program and the emulator same ECU.
^^^^
And now i get why you dont get the point, you dont even know what youre talking about, lol.... Because obviously the car is custom tuned so each time i go to the dyno the ecu will end with different values, so thats a new ecu!? or do i have to get a ITR one!?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON (racecar chassis builder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racecar chassis builder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LMAO.
How much would you like to bet that the stock rods and the rs pistons dont weigh anywhere near the same?
And i guess i should have known that you changed the prom .
You are still comparing apples to car forums.
No where near the same.</TD></TR></TABLE>

We weighted both pistons on their rods and new eagle/cp combo was lighter by some ounces nothing big.

any other question?
Remember i talk with facts not with theories like you...
Old 03-18-2008, 07:56 PM
* B A N N E D *

Alex ounces is huge.Grams are little.When i get to work tomorrow i will weigh the pistons and rods seperate and take a pic of each one to show you how far off you are.Do you have the new style rs pistons or the old ones.big difference in weight.Also what is the part number on the CPs? I know what rods you have.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't remember if oz or grams i weighted on an envelope scale and they weighted almost the same. cp/eagle combo weighting a little less. i didn't wrote the numbers down or anything but we are sure of that. my cp are custom pistons theres no recognized part number on them, get a 86mm of the shelf CPs and weight it by yourself, mines has a very very low dome. I had Rs machines old style pistons.

Quick Reply: 86mm Block, TWM ITBs 52mm & Big Tube Header DYNO COMPARISON