Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

Blinking D and no start issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blinking D and no start issue

Ok, so I had to replace the water passage on a 2005 Acura TSX auto. Tensioner bolt broke. This fix is pretty deep and involves the ac compressor (fun times). 10+ hours later and the car runs great. Off on a 90 mile round trip, no issues, still great. Next day 450 mile round trip through the mountains of western Maryland. STILL running great!

Short Trips around town, no issues. I got this thing licked (so I thought until the title occurs)

2 days after 450 mile trip, 10 miles from start of trip, car throws a flashing D and stalls on interstate. Car turns over but won’t start. Get car towed home, dejected and feeling like a failure. Spent 2 days putterin around car not wanting to go to Acura so they could tell me my transmission was shot. Read 30+ forum topics that were somewhere close to this issue. None were dead on but what ever is? I begin to notice a pattern in many of the suggestions. Check ground/sounds like a battery or ground issue.

I notice Immobilizer was acting a fool and the relay behind the glove box was clicking. OBDII scanner was Not communicating with hunk of junk. I was giving up and going to get car drug somewhere, anywhere that could tell me I was hosed.

I decided to pull cover off the intake runners (I VTEC) and what did I see? YUP, a loose bolt holding the ground (and yes that was me on the initial repair).

Moral of this story, check grounds on these cars when the electrical systems seems to have hit the wall.

Extra moral? Fix the darn car so your wife thinks you are a winner.

TL;DR: ChEcK yOuR gRoUnD. Read post.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:33 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Blinking D and no start issue

I have a feeling this is a source of my problem as well. When the temperature is 70 and above, my check charging system light comes on when I brake or decelerate. Only for a few seconds and then goes away, also goes away when I give it some gas or throw it into neutral. I also noticed that it doesn't happen when the AC is on with the fans on at least 2 or more. It happens when it's on the lowest fan setting though. There's a ground on the A/C compressor that I can't really get to but saw when I was fooling around with the tensioner and power steering pump a few months ago. Nothing comes from the warning, car doesn't die, starts right up all that fun stuff but it's still annoying when it happens and this is pretty much the last problem I have with the car. I'll find it soon enough.....