Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

2008 Redesign of TSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (George Knighton)

I'd like it. It's easier then walking up and using the key plus the only time I'd do it was with the car in view so I'd see if anything was going to happen.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Re: (tony4311)

my mom owns a tsx and couple things that will make the car more enjoyable and fun is more power. I mean for the price you pay for the car, i'd expect more power. But other than that, i like the ride. I looks nice, handles well, just needs some peformance to bump it up.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Re: (xxazn2nrxx)

its not a race car, its a luxury sedan. if you want more power, get the TL.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xxazn2nrxx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xxazn2nrxx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks nice, handles well, just needs some peformance to bump it up. </TD></TR></TABLE>
agree'd
that motor needs some extra power squeezed out of it, its been done time after time, now acura just needs to offer it.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Re: (JDMB20TDA)

pretty sure you will see a drastic change with their motor options when the RDX comes out. can anyone say TURBO!!!!!!!????
Old 05-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (StreetFuRy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StreetFuRy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">pretty sure you will see a drastic change with their motor options when the RDX comes out. can anyone say TURBO!!!!!!!????</TD></TR></TABLE>

glad to see you read the tread I said that months ago
Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (StreetFuRy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StreetFuRy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> can anyone say TURBO!!!!!!!????</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure.

I can also say things like, "more parts to break or wear out," and, "non-linear power delivery," and, "lag," and, "infuriatingly poor throttle response." After owning two factory-turbocharged cars, those are the things that pop into my head when the T-word is used. I absolutely loathe turbocharged engines.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MK Ultra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MK Ultra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sure.

more parts to break or wear out, non-linear power delivery, lag, infuriatingly poor throttle response.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Im only gunna pick on a few of ur retarted reasons not to have boost....
-more things to break. how often is the turbo the first to break on a Turbo car?Not very.
-Non-linear power. Who cars we want MORE power
-Lag? are you serious, if its N/A than I guess your right there is no turbo lag (why did he say this)......
-Poor throttle response .turbo will not effect throttle response to a noticable amount with a nicely engineerd turbo system.
read some boooooooks
All in all, I would love to have a factory (warranty) turbo TSX in the future
Old 05-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a good factory turbocharged car look into ferrari's and the new audi 2.0T, besides that everything else seems to suck.

If you want decent factory FI performance, get a Mercedes Kompressor.

There's that old saying about three things you want with a car, you can only have two. Cheap, reliable, performance.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (msedacca)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by msedacca &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want a good factory turbocharged car look into ferrari's and the new audi 2.0T, </TD></TR></TABLE> I ony have 2 choices, well ones a litle pricey soo i think ill go with the ferrari
Old 05-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Retarded?

Like I said, I've owned turbocharged cars.

It doesn't matter whether a turbo is the first thing to break or not. It will wear out, and almost certainly before major internal components. I once had to replace a turbocharger with only 60,000 miles on it on a completely stock car. Do they make better ones today? Sure. But it's still an extra part and every extra component you add is one that may someday break or will someday wear out. This is simply indisputable.

As for non-linear power delivery, this is an issue for me because I don't like having to adjust my line mid-corner to compensate for a wallop of extra torque. And if all you care about is more power, perhaps you should be looking into something other than a TSX.

Lag. As in, "where's the boost?" All turbo systems have some lag. I don't enjoy turbo lag, but some people seem to not be bothered by it so much.

Poor throttle response. Your assertion that a "nicely engineered turbo system" will not adversely affect throttles response is pure nonsense. A turbo system places obstructions in both the intake and exhaust path and increases the length of the induction path significantly. It is abso-freaking-lutely impossible to not have poor off-boost throttle response with a turbocharged car. On-boost throttle response is another story, but in most situations in which I want the engine to react keenly a turbocharged engine would usually be off boost.

Read some books? I've read several. You know what's better than reading books?

Experience.

I've owned several cars, with different engine types and configurations. I've rebuilt or otherwise been inside even more engines. My opinions are based on these experiences, not on what some other guy told me what to think in his book or magazine article. Feel free to disagree with me, but your "read some books" argument is weak, kiddo.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MK Ultra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Retarded? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes.

Lag. As in, "where's the boost?" &lt;- what u said is you do not think it should have a turbo because of lag... If it didnt have a turbo than of course its not gunna lag but than how is that part of the argument thats the nature of the beast.

you owning some factory turbo cars than u should know first hand, most stock turbo cars are built with just that in mind, the "turbo". Srt-4's, galants, evos, tsi's,..... ect all spool @ <u>about</u> 2500 rpm. Now what kinda lag is there than? Do you ever race under 2500 rpm or even launch under that?(i never have...) . even the transmission was configured ( on most FI cars) so that the turbo will be spooled again in the next gear to get rid of ur Lag.

Poor throttle response. Your assertion that a "nicely engineered turbo system" will not adversely affect throttles response is pure nonsense. &lt;- a noticable amount never said it wouldnt maybe you needed a new airfilter/bigger exhaust if you noticed/it botherd u that much

<U>Experience.</U> &lt;-sorry I dont own a turbo honda, I have never even driven a automobile with a turbo, your right.

Feel free to disagree with me, but your "read some books" argument is weak, kiddo. &lt;- your telling me when you "rebuilt those engines" you never read a book knew everything? When you were curious to how something work'd you never read on it? either way you ask anyone with anysort of intellegence they will suggest you read up on a topic before diving in and "experiencing" it, Kiddo
Old 05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you say kiddo too much

/end thread.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMB20TDA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes.

what u said is you do not think it should have a turbo because of lag... If it didnt have a turbo than of course its not gunna lag but than how is that part of the argument thats the nature of the beast.

What I'm saying is that one of the reasons I don't want a turbocharged car is lag. Yes, it is the nature of the beast. It's not a beast I'd want to drive. Ergo, no turbocharger for me, thank you.

you owning some factory turbo cars than u should know first hand, most stock turbo cars are built with just that in mind, the "turbo". Srt-4's, galants, evos, tsi's,..... ect all spool @ <u>about</u> 2500 rpm. Now what kinda lag is there than? Do you ever race under 2500 rpm or even launch under that?(i never have...) . even the transmission was configured ( on most FI cars) so that the turbo will be spooled again in the next gear to get rid of ur Lag.

Actually, in my experience the average factory-turbocharged car comes on boost between 3,000-3,500 RPM. I've yet to drive a stock turbocharged car that produces useful boost below 3,000 RPM, although I hear there are a couple out there. Do I ever race below that 3,000-RPM range? No? (Perhaps a better question at this point would be "do you intend to race what amounts to a 3,200-lb. 4-cylinder Accord," but I guess the answer to that one would elude you). However I'd venture to say that at least 75 percent of my street driving is under 3,500 RPM. So for about 75 percent of my daily driving, a turbocharger will do nothing but louse up my throttle response.

a noticable amount never said it wouldnt maybe you needed a new airfilter/bigger exhaust if you noticed/it botherd u that much

I guess a "noticable amount" is something subjective. However a bigger air filter or exhaust system isn't likely to remedy the degredation in throttle response caused by a turbo. Indeed, it may even make it worse.

<U>Experience.</U> &lt;-sorry I dont own a turbo honda, I have never even driven a automobile with a turbo, your right.

If you have a turbocharged car, you don't seem to be bothered by the same things that bothered me. And that's fine. But that doesn't make those issues cease to exist. It simply means we have different priorities for our vehicles. However, I think I'm a little closer to the kind of buyer Acura has in mind for the TSX. You sound like someone who should buy an EVO or a WRX, so why not buy one of those rather than hoping Honda will change the TSX?

your telling me when you "rebuilt those engines" you never read a book knew everything? When you were curious to how something work'd you never read on it? either way you ask anyone with anysort of intellegence they will suggest you read up on a topic before diving in and "experiencing" it, Kiddo

Sure, I'd read lots of books before tearing down my first engine. But I knew a hell of a lot more after actually doing it than I did from reading. Reading is a poor substitute for action. Think you could play quarterback just from reading about football? The only real way to learn how to do something is to screw it up every possible way until you get it right, and that's something you'll never get out of a book.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MK Ultra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-1no turbocharger for me, thank you.
-2do you intend to race what amounts to a 3,200-lb. 4-cylinder Accord
-3Indeed, it may even make it worse.
-4The only real way to learn how to do something is to screw it up every possible way until you get it right

</TD></TR></TABLE>
1-thats personal preference, but a factory option Turbo tsx would definatly sell
2-Guess not, some would but why not make it more fun to drive?
3-a cleaner air filter and less restrictive exhast (with ample amount of back pressure) would increase throttle response
4-not enough time/money to screw everyhing up, Id personally rather learn from others mistakes/experiences; books

all in all there are obviously different veiws on how this vehicle should be built, but in the end I still feel If there was a factory "sport package" turbo Tsx outthere it would be the ish.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMB20TDA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1-thats personal preference, but a factory option Turbo tsx would definatly sell
2-Guess not, some would but why not make it more fun to drive?
3-a cleaner air filter and less restrictive exhast (with ample amount of back pressure) would increase throttle response
4-not enough time/money to screw everyhing up, Id personally rather learn from others mistakes/experiences; books

all in all there are obviously different veiws on how this vehicle should be built, but in the end I still feel If there was a factory "sport package" turbo Tsx outthere it would be the ish.</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. Yes. My preference is to avoid turbochargers for the aforementioned reasons.
2. What you consider more fun to drive, I consider less fun to drive. I favor balance over horsepower.
3. Not necessarily. Throttle response has a lot to do with charge velocity, and increasing piping diameter on the intake side will reduce velocities at low engine speeds. Secondly, the correct amount of back pressure is "as little as possible." It's a myth that engines "need" a certain amount of back pressure. What they need are exhaust systems that effectively merge exhaust pulses as smoothly as possible with the least restriction.
4. Things'll get screwed up anyway unless someone else does all the work. Even then, all that means is you're giving someone else the chance to screw up.

A turbocharged TSX might sell, but I don't see it being as effective a performance car as the smaller EVOs and WRXs, especially with FWD. A turbocharged, SH-AWD TSX would be too heavy and complex for me, and I wouldn't touch one with a 10-foot pole. I like the TSX pretty much the way it is, and would prefer subtle changes to the model and a mild power bump.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

------increasing piping diameter on the intake side will reduce velocities at low engine speeds.

so willl increasing exhaust diameter? or running e-cutout (i know this and that has nothing to do with ur throttle response problem)

4. ------Things'll get screwed up anyway unless someone else does all the work. Even then, all that means is you're giving someone else the chance to screw up.

&lt;- learning from their mistakes, go ahead and get a job and make EVERY mistake and learn from them you WILL get fired.

---A turbocharged TSX might sell, but I don't see it being as effective a performance car as the smaller EVOs and WRXs. &lt;-

who is comparing the TSX to a evo/sti? they are totally different Im just saying a TSX offerd with a bit more bang would be Ideal.

Done.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Increasing exhaust piping diameter on a turbocharged car usually does good things, even for throttle response. I wouldn't think a cutout would negatively affect throttle response, but I've never used one. But neither of those things should interfere with the intake charge velocity off boost.

I do agree that a little more power would do good things for the TSX. But I'd rather see it done without the turbocharged K23 motor. There's so much untapped potential in the K24 I just don't see the need for forced induction to get the modest power gains I'd like to see, especially since I prefer the power-delivery characteristics of an atmospheric engine.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:33 AM

who cares, i still buy the damn car. turbo or no turbo.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2008 Redesign of TSX (George Knighton)

doesn't look too bad.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:19 PM

looks great. i wonder what the specs are on that car.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lsd, better brakes and get rid of the drive by wire its such a pain. other than that I love the car. Oh yeah and better seats, but keep the heat.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:10 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: 2008 Redesign of TSX (just1notherEP3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by just1notherEP3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... get rid of the drive by wire its such a pain.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Drive by wire is here to stay. I understand why racers and track drivers might not like it, but on the road drive by wire helps a lot more than it hurts.

Have you ever done a full throttle start on a new TSX, or Accord, or TL? Drive by wire is part of the overall computer package that allows you to put as much torque down as possible and still maintain traction.

The computer can reduce the throttle on its own despite your pedal input in order to maintain traction. Hell, the computer can even brake on its own, on one or two wheels in order to rotate the car.

I think the answer is that a performance sedan successor to the TSX needs to keep drive by wire, but also come with a Torsen axle, stock. I have noticed that in a TL 6-6 (which comes with the Torsen axle) the computer seems to defer to the Torsen axle before it will resort to reducing the throttle position.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:13 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMB20TDA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Lag. As in, "where's the boost?" &lt;- what u said is you do not think it should have a turbo because of lag....</TD></TR></TABLE>
The RDX doesn't seem to have any lag. I think that Honda is learning how to have a small turbo in a car as a logical solution to adding HP without increasing fuel consumption, and doing it without introducing driveability problems.

This is Hondas we're talking about. It's not a 1976 Porsche Turbolader.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think it is really hard to say what will come out of it.

Part of me says it will be along the lines of the current tsx, with the NA I4, maybe more displacement but that seems unlikly.

The current TSX sales are doing great from what i see, not very easy to find one, and when you do your not going to get much off.

The sport luxury sedan market is growing, and i think it is one honda will want to hold on to with the tsx.

But then again those crazy guys across the ocean could throw us a curve ball.