Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

2008 Redesign of TSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Founding Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2008 Redesign of TSX (adirondackR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adirondackR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

turbo & awd

2.3L turbo K-series

let me bring you to 2 months ago ... the honda sport4 (TSX/accord) concept with sh-4wd

pretty sure this is computer generated

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If they make an AWD Turbo TSX in either 2 or 4 Door I'd buy it in a heartbeat and sell my S4.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2008 Redesign of TSX (Mike M)

i surely dont know what the cars gona look like but thats the engine bay of the acura RDX comming out next year which is an SUV which sucks hopefully thell move onto turbo cars... do i hear... next big swap???
Old 04-07-2006, 07:42 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: 2008 Redesign of TSX (TheSkip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheSkip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unmoddable??

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/media/350-073.jpg

6 Speed TL + Comptech SC = 14 second street car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The 6-speed TL runs mid 14s stock.

A supercharger should put it solidly into the 13s.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2008 Redesign of TSX (George Knighton)

i dont own a TSX but my friend does.

LSD tranny
Bremo brakes
and at least 7.8k rev
Old 04-12-2006, 09:00 AM

Default Re: (RedGSR)

To compete with cars in its class, the engine needs to gain atleast 20-30 horsepower.

I think front wheel drive is fine also if they add LSD. If they made it SH-AWD I would not complain as long as they bumped up the power enough to deal with any extra weight.

7900 rpm redline.

Hondata reflash offered standard I know that would never happen.

Does anyone here think the tuned in torque & horsepower drop right before VTEC engagement is a marketing ploy for VTEC?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:32 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: (AamirCWITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AamirCWITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone here think the tuned in torque & horsepower drop right before VTEC engagement is a marketing ploy for VTEC?</TD></TR></TABLE>
That is one of my theories, in addition to a few other reasons.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:12 PM

Default Re: (RedGSR)

the new one looks like **** the current model is pretty nice though
Old 04-14-2006, 09:27 PM

Default Re: (Tight_Rollin)

a v6 tsx would be nice
Old 04-15-2006, 04:47 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: (jli18)

Originally Posted by jli18
a v6 tsx would be nice
Are you willing to have a bigger car in order to get the J motor?

If you want J motor power and torque, and you still want the car to be double wishbone <u>and</u> get a five star safety rating, then you're really going to have to move on to something the size of the Inspire/US Accord-TL lines.

You can even get good gas mileage w/a J motor. The secondaries open up at 4000, and it comes on the cam at 5000. In my own 6-6 HFP Coupe, I can easily consistently get 31 miles per gallon, now. 12,000 miles on the car.

You can also get the car to handle well by making sure it comes w/the 22mm sway bars and 8" wheels, which are already in Honda stock.

So you can get it to do everything you want...but you might no longer appeal to the buyers who want a <u>small</u> performance oriented sedan. It's sort of prima facie evidence of this that you are in the TSX Forum talking about this, and not in the Accord or TL Forum.

Originally Posted by AamirCWITR
To compete with cars in its class, the engine needs to gain atleast 20-30 horsepower.
That's not so hard to do w/a retuned K24A2 for USDM. There are 300HP NA versions of the K24. I wish they'd put one in a production vehicle.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think front wheel drive is fine also if they add LSD. If they made it SH-AWD I would not complain as long as they bumped up the power enough to deal with any extra weight. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Torsen axles wouldn't add that much to the price of the car, and they're an excellent marketing tool, IMHO, especially since we seem determined to market the car to a younger crowd or people who just will not buy a bigger car even though they need four doors. An LSD is a very good idea, IMHO.

SH-AWD: The Lengend/USDM RL is the same platform as the Inspire/USDM Accord and USDM TL. They can easily get it into the 2008 Accord replacement, but I'm not sure it'll fit into smaller cars.

Have you looked under an RL? It definitely takes up some room, and the parts are definitely beefy and add weight. And the extra rate causes people to go back to the drawing board to redesign the crush zones.

There are systems on the boards, but I am not sure the smaller systems will be available in time for a new USDM TSX. There's an AWD system available on the RoW Accord, but it's not the kind of enthusiast-based system that you're talking about.

By the way...have you talked to anybody with an RL who has taken his car to an autocross or been to track days? "SH AWD" is not necessarily the instant performance enhancement that you might think it is. It's a very good idea, but its placement into a luxury performance car as the USDM rollout was for a couple of reasons: (1)it added appreciably to the cost, and (2)it's a little less "super handling" in its current iteration than Honda wanted its ITR drivers and World Challenge champs to know about.

It's getting better in the next stage.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">7900 rpm redline. </TD></TR></TABLE>
As a standalone item, why? In the K22 and K24 motors, you'd have to redesign some important parts and you can get the power w/out doing that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hondata reflash offered standard I know that would never happen.</TD></TR></TABLE>
No, but Honda can work miracles with computers. I think the current K20Z1 and K20Z3 motors are wonderful, having lots of torque everywhere and they're just very pleasant to drive.

You never know where that turbo K23's going to end up, either. There are 300 HP, relatively low stress versions of that motor around, too.

I'm really looking forward to the next couple of years at Honda.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: (George Knighton)

hondas are toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo NICE!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Photography Pundit

I like a lot of the things I've heard in here...
I agree that a bump in power would be nice, as would the lsd,
but honestly I'm not gonna vote for anything that would increase the price of the car.

IMO it really needs to stay under the $30k mark.
Actually they could just do a minor restyle and not change anything mechanical,
and keep (or lower, pshh) the current price and I'd want one just as bad as I do now.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:05 AM

Default Re: (MugenB18)

Under 30k that's all I ask also the tsx has the most style out of any hoonda made. If they could add lsd dc5 integra type-r gear ratio and 20-30 hp beautiful. But just looking at it I'm going to start saving all my money now so good by cell phone and 06 and 07 eg mods wish list ! !

Modified by JDMob at 12:32 PM 4/24/2006
Old 04-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2008 Redesign of TSX (George Knighton)

First of all, I'm not a TSX owner, just an admirer. I may buy one when I'm done with school, however.

Let me start with what I don't want Honda to do with the TSX redesign:

Don't let the car grow a single inch in any dimension or gain a single pound. Ignore focus groups that say they want a bigger car. If a bigger Accord is needed in certain markets, sell them the USDM Accord.

Don't get adventurous with the styling. I know the magazines criticize Honda for its conservative styling, but many Honda/Acura buyers like clean, simple lines. Besides, when Honda gets adventurous the result is often less than stellar (see the new Civic's dashboard for a recent example).

Don't change the character of the car. SH-AWD and turbocharging would add too much weight and complexity. I don't want an Acura version of the Mazdaspeed6. I want a new TSX.

Now for what I would like to see done with the new TSX:

Please offer an LSD, either as an option or as part of a Type-S package.

As Mr. Knighton has already mentioned, an extra 30 or so horsepower can be extracted from the K24 pretty easily using mostly existing Honda parts. For example, A K20A-R head with its greater range of adjustment for VTC, better port design and more aggressive cams would work nicely with little more than an ECU adjustment. Maybe this engine could be offered as part of a Type-S package, leaving the 205-hp unit for base models. Also, please do not burden this motor with a mass air sensor, as you did with the new Si.

If you can find a way to make it a little lighter, please do. I understand that this car must be designed first as a world-market Accord, so I don't expect drastic weight loss. However, more extensive use of aluminum (say, in the hood, roof panel, decklid, etc.) could shed a few pounds without negatively affecting the utility of the vehicle. The current TSX, after all, is barely 100 lbs lighter than a US-market V6 Accord Sedan, which boasts a much more powerful motor, a bigger cabin and nearly the same fuel economy. As things stand, the Accord with the 6-pot and the manual transmission is a tempting alternative to the TSX. Now I don't suggest moving the TSX more in an Accord-like direction, rather I think by making the TSX lighter and more efficient, it could make better use of its K-series 4-pot as well as have an even more sporting feel to it. Even 100 lbs. would make a significant difference.

My $.02.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:53 PM

[nontributory comments deleted]
Old 04-26-2006, 11:49 AM

Default Re: (L337HXR..)

First of all, I think this is one of the funnest theads I have seen in the TSX forum, so thank you for asking our opinion.

My wish list:

I like that the only way you can buy any new Acura is fully loaded. All you need to do is chose navi/non-navi, AT/MT, and color. Don't change this.
Several performance options would help sales. Perhaps the base TSX (205hp), the TSX-S (n/a 250hp), and a hybrid option . I am not suggesting that the current TSX gets poor mileage. It gets great mileage. However, Acura needs to be developing this option if it wishes to compete with Lexus in the upcoming years.
The TSX-S option needs to be a n/a k24 with a very broad, flat torque curve. The higher power output can be gained through camshafts, bigger throttle body, head work, port match intake manifold, and remapped ECU. I would love to see LSD. I would love even more to see RWD. No AWD. This is not a 300hp 13.3 sec EVO. It is a luxury sport sedan, and is heavy enough as it is.
Thoughtful weight reduction. Previously mentioned use of aluminum was a great suggestion on the hood, trunk, fenders, etc.
I would like to see LED tail lights.
Backup camera.
Key fob system with push button ignition.
I would like the factory navi unit to play DVDs like the new Lexus IS.
Nicer sounding 5.1 dolby stereo like the TL.
Thicker rear swaybar.
Brembo brakes.
Better performing tires.
Pricepoint cannot increase.

I welcome your feedback on these ideas.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Viper8L488)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Viper8L488 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all, I think this is one of the funnest theads I have seen in the TSX forum, so thank you for asking our opinion.

My wish list:

I like that the only way you can buy any new Acura is fully loaded. All you need to do is chose navi/non-navi, AT/MT, and color. Don't change this.
Several performance options would help sales. Perhaps the base TSX (205hp), the TSX-S (n/a 250hp), and a hybrid option . I am not suggesting that the current TSX gets poor mileage. It gets great mileage. However, Acura needs to be developing this option if it wishes to compete with Lexus in the upcoming years.
The TSX-S option needs to be a n/a k24 with a very broad, flat torque curve. The higher power output can be gained through camshafts, bigger throttle body, head work, port match intake manifold, and remapped ECU. I would love to see LSD. I would love even more to see RWD. No AWD. This is not a 300hp 13.3 sec EVO. It is a luxury sport sedan, and is heavy enough as it is.
Thoughtful weight reduction. Previously mentioned use of aluminum was a great suggestion on the hood, trunk, fenders, etc.
I would like to see LED tail lights.
Backup camera.
Key fob system with push button ignition.
I would like the factory navi unit to play DVDs like the new Lexus IS.
Nicer sounding 5.1 dolby stereo like the TL.
Thicker rear swaybar.
Brembo brakes.
Better performing tires.
Pricepoint cannot increase.

I welcome your feedback on these ideas.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure exactly why you would want the backup camera, your driving a sport/luxury sedan, not an SUV

I agree with you on the Type-S version, as I have said before. The OEM upgrade body kit (at least the front lip) looks great with the foglight upgrade, should all come standard with the Type-S.

The tires suck, and so does the auto, IMHO. My friend has a AEM SRI and Comptech exhaust, and he is slower than my auto 04 accord that has I/H/E through 3 gears. Why? Because he has mad wheel hop and loses traction during shifts. (I run nice Yokohama's) Ironically, we run the exact same tire size, 215/50/17.

But, does Acura (and for that matter Honda) produce their cars with the street tuner in mind like Mitsubishi and Subaru have (and I use the term street tuner in a relative sense)? I think if people like Hondata could work wonders with the ECU, no doubt that Acura and Honda tech departments could do far better.

I think the best thoughts brought up in this whole thread dealt with a Type-S option.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:49 PM

hah, sad that you think some people are poor. ill tell you one thing, i bought mine on the spot, and ill do the same with the 08 model. you can dream on yourself and stop dissing people that have dreams to own a nice honda. your not the economy nor the makers of an acura or honda, keep your bull **** to yourself.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:18 AM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by L337HXR.. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dream on!</TD></TR></TABLE>
This thread is obviouly aimed at soliciting opinions from people who are in the market for that kind of car. There is no point in your commenting further in this thread.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
As a standalone item, why? In the K22 and K24 motors, you'd have to redesign some important parts and you can get the power w/out doing that.

No, but Honda can work miracles with computers. I think the current K20Z1 and K20Z3 motors are wonderful, having lots of torque everywhere and they're just very pleasant to drive.

You never know where that turbo K23's going to end up, either. There are 300 HP, relatively low stress versions of that motor around, too.

I'm really looking forward to the next couple of years at Honda.</TD></TR></TABLE>

7900 RPM with an extra 30 horsepower would simply be fun! Who wouldn't want an extra 800 rpm to play with. With the current model (which i Just bought) VTEC last only like 1000 rpm (correct me if wrong). What a small window!

Final list I would like to see on 2007's:

power tilt and telescope steering wheel linked to memory seats
Side view mirrors and rear view mirror linked to memory seats
fully integrated IPOD support through the navigation / stereo display.
cd player should play mp3 data discs and dvd data disc.
Daytime running lamps standard.
Rain sensing wipers
Auto UP windows all around
One touch moonroof operation

<U>Type S model</U>
30-40 more Horsepower with higher redline + LSD
OEM lower body kit standard (euro front lip , sideskirts, rear apron)
Standard metallic dead pedal and pedal set
18 Wheels + Summer Tires/ High perfomance all season.

Modified by AamirCWITR at 9:09 AM 4/27/2006

Modified by AamirCWITR at 9:13 AM 4/27/2006
Old 04-27-2006, 01:55 PM

Default Re: (msedacca)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by msedacca &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
But, does Acura (and for that matter Honda) produce their cars with the street tuner in mind like Mitsubishi and Subaru have (and I use the term street tuner in a relative sense)? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes they do but for that they focus on the NSX (or will again), S2000 and the ITR not the sedans. I agree on the tsx needing the f.lip. I don't like how they look without it.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:52 PM

I forgot to add to my list:

Power folding side mirrors
Auto up and down on all four windows
IPOD link that interacts with the display on the navi unit (unlike the TL)
Old 04-28-2006, 02:58 PM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Viper8L488 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Auto up ... on all four windows</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't make up my mind about that one. Is it safe? Even with the torque cutoff?
Old 04-28-2006, 03:58 PM

IMO, most people will pay more for an opportunity to be lazy and enjoy convenience then they will for an opportunity to be safe.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:34 PM

It's pretty safe since you have to pull the button up to make it go up. The problems I've heard with them are when little kids lean or stand on the button some how causing the window to close on them. But since standing on the button would make it go down there's no problem.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:48 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (tony4311)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony4311 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's pretty safe since you have to pull the button up to make it go up. The problems I've heard with them are when little kids lean or stand on the button some how causing the window to close on them. But since standing on the button would make it go down there's no problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The remote would be configured so that if you held down the lock button for a second, all the windows would go up. How do you feel about that?

The torque limiter would stop the progress of all windows if one of the windows encountered something that caused the torque limiter to slip.

Quick Reply: 2008 Redesign of TSX