Notices
Acura TL, RL & ZDX Includes Legend, Vigor and 2001 - 2003 Acura CL

03 Acura TL, No fluid to r/rear wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Acura TL, No fluid to r/rear wheel

Hi All, I have a 03 Acura TL and have NO fluid going to the rear right wheel. (I had No fluid going to both rear wheels prior to replacing the proportioning valve), after replacement of the PV I noticed the right rear still not getting fluid). Upon installing the new prop valve and after bleeding, I did get brake fluid to the wheel and I though my problem had been resolved. However after only one day I noticed the pedal feeling strange again ( hard and high). I pulled the same right rear wheel , bled and again noticed No fluid to this wheel again . Cant understand why it would be fine for one day and then back to same problem soon after. (calipers are new and not stuck) Im thinking master cylinder but if master was bad wouldn't I also not get fluid from one other wheel? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Frank
Old 09-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 03 Acura TL, No fluid to r/rear wheel

A more thorough explanation of my problem.... I initially had no working rear brakes. I took the car to my local Acura dealer and they told me the proportioning valve was bad and needed to be replaced. I had them replace it and the brakes worked fine for a few days. Several days later I noticed the right rear rotor rusting. I pulled the wheel and found the caliper not working once again, with no fluid in the line while bleeding. When I open the bleeder and pump the pedal, I get no fluid, nothin. I then bought another prop valve on eBay and replaced the one Acura had installed only 2 weeks earlier. I bleed the wheel again and this time got fluid in the line and the brake functioned as it should. I test drove the car and everything seemed fine with a normal pedal. Problem resolved, so I thought... The next day I drove the car again and noticed the pedal high and hard again. I pulled the wheel and again found no fluid in the line and the brake not functioning. So, to recap, after replacing the proportioning valve two times, the right rear brake only functioned for a day or so each time. I blew out the lines with compressed air, there are no obstructions. Additionally I changed the complete brake line to this wheel because i though it was a bit corroded and rusted. Acura told me that the corrosion and dirt may have clogged the proportion valve. I changed the fluid and it is nice and clean. I can't understand why this wheel continues to NOT get fluid each time the proportioning valve is changed. Upon changing the prop valve the brake gets fluid and functions only for a day or so and then no fluid once again. Any input is appreciated. Any ideas?