Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OMFG Leak!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMFG Leak!

Got home today and looked at my driveway and i seem to be leanking somthing, Its on the rear drivers side near the rear wheel. So im thinkin its most likley fuel. How do i fix THAT! o_o...i dont like car-b-ques
Old 09-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: OMFG Leak! (SkorchedAsh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkorchedAsh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got home today and looked at my driveway and i seem to be leanking somthing, Its on the rear drivers side near the rear wheel. So im thinkin its most likley fuel. How do i fix THAT! o_o...i dont like car-b-ques </TD></TR></TABLE>

did you smell it? is it thin like fuel or thick like brake fluid? if it's near the driverside wheel it can also be brake fluid. are you home now? double check it and reply back.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:04 PM

Default Re: OMFG Leak! (philosofy1)

if its a brake fluid leak, i wouldnt even bother fixing it man...Your best route IF it is brake fluid is just to sell the car without telling the next owner about the leak
Old 09-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OMFG Leak! (BuGeorge428)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BuGeorge428 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if its a brake fluid leak, i wouldnt even bother fixing it man...Your best route IF it is brake fluid is just to get sell the car without telling the next owner about the leak </TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF?! ARE YOU SERIOUS! you see this why people like you suck. that's real nice that you will sell a damaged car to someone especially with faulty brakes. then when joe shmoe is taking his kids to school and has a fatal crash due to bad brakes, then i bet you can sleep better!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BuGeorge428 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if its a brake fluid leak, i wouldnt even bother fixing it man...Your best route IF it is brake fluid is just to sell the car without telling the next owner about the leak </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow your a smart one huh?
Old 09-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BuGeorge428 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if its a brake fluid leak, i wouldnt even bother fixing it man...Your best route IF it is brake fluid is just to sell the car without telling the next owner about the leak </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah and expect to get sued when they come back after a car accident.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OMFG Leak! (EK k kay)

Fvckin ******** man.....

OP: Like said previously. Just pull the tire off and check for leaks at the wheel cylinders and the lines. And double check just to be sure it is not fuel.

Report back though.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:20 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkorchedAsh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got home today and looked at my driveway and i seem to be leanking somthing, Its on the rear drivers side near the rear wheel.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Could be fuel, brake fluid, or damper oil. Any of those are a safety problem. Find out exactly what it is and where it is coming from.

1. That's not funny. In fact, it's not even remotely amusing. You're an asshat.

2. A brake fluid leak is not a difficult fix, no matter where it is leaking from. Hydraulics are simple to work with, and all components of the brake system are easily accessible.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder at the logic some people use. They sell their car to someone, that person gets into a serious accident, and then... what? They're not going to come back and sue your ***? I suppose this kind of logic makes sense if you live in a single-wide and are willing to hitch it up to your pickup after selling a faulty car to someone. Even then they'll still probably find you and nail your *** to the wall. Yeesh.

First the OP should find out what kind of fluid is leaking. If you don't know what gas smells like, open your gas cap and take a whiff. Does the fluid smell the same? If not, then it's something else. There's some good "what kind of fluid is leaking" guides on the internet, describing how to tell various fluids from each other. If your Google zen isn't working, crack open a Haynes manual in an autoparts store, most of the ones I've looked have contained a similar guide.

If it's a leak from the brake system, find the source of the leak, then replace the part that's leaking. If it's the rubber hose at the end of the brake line, replace the hose. If it's leaking from around the clamp at an end of the rubber hose, replace the clamp. Hopefully it's not the metal line, but if it is, replace the lines. Only retarded hillbillies dump faulty cars on someone because they're too stupid to find the faulty part & replace it.

It could be grease that leaked out from a worn/broken seal. If that was the case should leak once and then basically dry up. But after a short while something will wear out the from lack of lubrication.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OMFG Leak! (MonkeyBoy668)

people like BuGeorge428 should do us all a favor. go to your nearest farm, grab the rustiest piece of barb wire you can find. next find a tree with a good sturdy branch and hang your worthless *** from it.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: OMFG Leak! (Heretic:Si)

Its near the the wheel. It dries really quick if the car isnt there. IT also is darkening the pavment a little bit, its slightly greasy, like very slight, it reminds me of armorall tireshine that gets oversprayed onto the pavment. when i touch it my fingersd dont get dirty from it, its clearish, like a very light yellow and its a very thin fluid. No odd smells. Breaks work fine, car turns fine, no noticible drop in fuel economy...hmmmm. Il take off the wheel and have a looksie. Would i notice a drop in the break fluid resivior if it was brake fluid?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fuel or the shock damper fluid would be my guess. Brake fluid is thick.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:00 PM

^^^Should be reported to the HT list of scammers. *******.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OMFG Leak! (TorquelessB16)

u guys are so ****** retarded...the guy is obviously joking...jesus

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TorquelessB16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

^^^Should be reported to the HT list of scammers. *******. </TD></TR></TABLE>

are you ****** serious? scammers? "hey, i wanna report this guy as a scammer cuz he was joking in a thread"...yep, thats a valid reason

back to the OP, give us details about the leak, color and smell of fluid and the consistency of it, that would help
Old 09-05-2006, 07:55 PM

Default Re: OMFG Leak! (I Am Si Guy)

Very thin light yellow fluid, slow leak, that evvaporates but leaves a stain when the car isnt there. No smell to it at all. Slightly oily on the fingertips when touching the evaporated stain. It rained today and the rain stayed away from the stain and didnt wash it away. The stain is like armorall tireshine that gets oversprayed onto the pavment(but isnt). Il post a picture of the stain tomorrow when its light out.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:54 PM
be professional

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkorchedAsh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Very thin light yellow fluid, slow leak, that evvaporates but leaves a stain when the car isnt there. No smell to it at all. Slightly oily on the fingertips when touching the evaporated stain. It rained today and the rain stayed away from the stain and didnt wash it away. The stain is like armorall tireshine that gets oversprayed onto the pavment(but isnt). Il post a picture of the stain tomorrow when its light out.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It is either brake fluid or damper oil.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:04 PM
HT White Ops

Chances are, it's brake fluid. I went and poured myself a spoonful, and it's exactly how you described.

Light yellow/golden color, mildy oily, very faint smell, almost like cooking oil with an alcohol back.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Chances are, it's brake fluid. I went and poured myself a spoonful, and it's exactly how you described.

Light yellow/golden color, mildy oily, very faint smell, almost like cooking oil with an alcohol back.</TD></TR></TABLE>

woah...hey, umm i sure hope you didn't actually try it
Old 09-05-2006, 09:12 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (chrisw85)

* A spoon full of sugar helps the brake fluid go dooowwwnnnnnnn *

Nah, I didn't drink it or anything. Just smelled it and touched it. I'm a gearhead and a professional cook .... I smell everything ... I've tasted most fluids in my car too (usually inadvertently).
Old 09-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OMFG Leak! (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It is either brake fluid or damper oil.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Chances are, it's brake fluid. I went and poured myself a spoonful, and it's exactly how you described.

Light yellow/golden color, mildy oily, very faint smell, almost like cooking oil with an alcohol back.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's not brake fluid, brake fluid is thick and doen't evaporate fast. chance are it's fuel. to the OP, i would check, double check, triple check all fuel lines. look for cracks, scrapes, or worn out lines.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Am Si Guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u guys are so ****** retarded...the guy is obviously joking...jesus

are you ****** serious? scammers? "hey, i wanna report this guy as a scammer cuz he was joking in a thread"...yep, thats a valid reason

back to the OP, give us details about the leak, color and smell of fluid and the consistency of it, that would help</TD></TR></TABLE>

obviously he was not joking, if he was he would atleast had replied saying he was, or used some sort of expression.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:05 PM

Wow, that is probably the dumbest comment I have ever heard on this site.

You sir, are one of the biggest ****** I have seen on this site.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:09 PM
HT White Ops

I just went and poured some in a spoon. It's not really that thick, and other than the evap test, it was exactly as he described. Fuel is not yellowish, nor does it have no odor. Fuel STANKS.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:16 PM
be professional

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's not brake fluid, brake fluid is thick and doen't evaporate fast.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't know what brake fluid you've been using, but all of the glycol-based brake fluids I have experience with are not "thick." Maple syrup is thick. Honey is thick. SAE 50 oil is thick. Brake fluid is not thick.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">chance are it's fuel. to the OP, i would check, double check, triple check all fuel lines. look for cracks, scrapes, or worn out lines.</TD></TR></TABLE>
If it was gasoline, it would smell and feel like gasoline. From what the original poster described, it is not fuel.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:18 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: OMFG Leak! (Targa250R)

Old 09-06-2006, 06:15 AM

take the wheel off, have a look, have some in the car start it up and pump the brakes and let it run, just look for any dripping

Quick Reply: OMFG Leak!