Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Track/Race/High-Performance Pad for the RSX-S NOW AVAILABLE from CARBOTECH ENGINEERING

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 11:38 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track/Race/High-Performance Pad for the RSX-S NOW AVAILABLE from CARBOTECH ENGINEERING

Carbotech Engineering is pleased to announce that we are now manufacturing custom brake pads for the Acura RSX-S, in a variety of compounds (for street, auto-x, and track). For more information, please send e-mail to info@carbotecheng.com or call toll-free at 877-899-5024.

With Best Regards,

Andie Lin
Old 01-02-2002, 11:46 AM
New User

Default Re: Track/Race/High-Performance Pad for the RSX-S NOW AVAILABLE from CARBOTECH ENGINEERING (Carbotec

Awesome! For any of you RSX-Type S owners out there that want to feel your brakes actually do some stopping, get Carbotech! The Panther Plus pads I used at VIR in December were nothing short of incredible.
And to boot, Andie is great to work with! I'd vouch for him anyday!
Old 01-07-2002, 06:59 AM
New User

Default Re: Track/Race/High-Performance Pad for the RSX-S NOW AVAILABLE from CARBOTECH ENGINEERING (Carbotec

ANNOUNCEMENT:

We are actually doing a pre-track season special right now for the RSX-S, given the excellent results Adam had at VIR the past month, and since the vehicle is quite new to the market.

List prices for 2002 are:

FRONT RSX-S PANTHER PLUS $129
REAR RSX-S PANTHER PLUS $96

Until the end of January 2002, the prices will be $110 and $82 for the FRONT and the REAR, respectively, IF you mention HONDA-TECH.COM . Now is a good time to stock up on your pads for the season: While we make the best effort to keep Honda/Acura parts in stock, when the track season comes into full-swing, certain high-demand items (such as the S2000/RSX-S pads) become backordered.

With Best Regards,

Andie Lin

P.S.: To Adam Shuster: It was great meeting you in person last week when you stopped by the shop during your vacation in Boca Raton! It's always great to put a customer's face to the name!

[Modified by CarbotechAndie, 11:00 AM 1/7/2002]
Old 01-07-2002, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

in the new issue of HONDA TUNNING they have an article all about changing the break system... i dont like the break on the rsx .. that's going to be my first upgrade
Old 01-07-2002, 08:12 AM
New User

I cannot comment directly about the RSX-S, since I have not driven one with high-performance pads yet. However, from past experience of several Honda/Acura vehicles (Integra, ITR, Prelude, Accord, S2000, NSX, etc.), what I can say is that for most people (read: 90% or so...) who go to the track with their street car, a change of pads, fluid, and dust shield removal is all that is necessary ot achieved markedly improved braking performance out of their Honda/Acura.

Fortunately, there are several choices available for Honda/Acura fitment when it comes to high-performance pads for street, auto-x, and track use.

JMO... -Andie

[Modified by CarbotechAndie, 12:12 PM 1/7/2002]