Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

RSX vs. Evo

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (cmgi8@yahoo.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cmgi8@yahoo.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My choise is the EVO, 0-60 4.9 seconds and handles better than the RSX in the rain or snow or pretty much anywhere... Both of these cars are totally different class and etc.. to comparing the two is sort of pointless... If you want to compare, compare the EP3 vs. RSX or WRX Sti vs. EVO..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you realize maybe there comparing the two for a purchase .....would it really matter then if its a fair comparison or not..... NO
Old 12-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (03RSXTypeS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03RSXTypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if u have the money get the EVO if not the RSX. only if performance is 99% of ur time on ur mind</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm....... Hard ....uncomfortable ....heavy leather seats ...and a frilly dashboard.....in a RSX ......

Vs.....a decent .....ergonomic layout......and Recaro seats in the EVO .......hmmmm.....i know which one i would choose .....

the one that doesnt feel like a cheap hack .....off of a 3.2 TL
Old 12-08-2003, 07:16 PM

SMZ GSR,

The Sti might be more comforable but the EVO have the REAL SPORT CAR Seats.. Those Recaros are simply amazing.. I can't say that about the Sti front seats.. compare the 2, it's like night and day.. As for the rest of the car and tranny, you're right...
Old 12-09-2003, 11:47 AM
Ignore me . . .

lanevo this subaru that, how come they arent selling? its because the Z takes all!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WR03Evo)

I can't believe theres even a question. A $31,000 awd turbo'd animal w/ a suspension that most cars build up to, top of the line breaks, stock front-mount...and for the donkey who said the interior of the rsx is better...have u ever sat in an evo8? recaro seats are butter! lets look at the specs. stock rsx's run like what, high 14's, low 15's? stock evo's run low-mid 13's! a stock evo would outhandle, out run, and get more ladies than a stock rsx-s. now, if you're saying that you could either get an evo8, or rsx-s w/ the leftover money you'd save from buying the evo...8 g's into an rsx might be aight. but comparing a 200 hp fwd car to a 271 hp awd car is like comparing apples and smaller apples. they both taste good, but you get more from the bigger apple.

in no way am i saying that i wouldn't take an rsx-s, they're nice cars, and have potential up the wazoo. all i'm saying is that i would take an evo over an rsx-s any day of the week.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:03 PM

EggRolla,

EVO and Sti all the way....

myspacebarisbroken,

As for the Z, it sells because its better looking, I personally would take the EVO and Sti over the z. Out handle it and out run it any time and anywhere...
Old 12-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03RSXTypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seats are pretty much same except ours is covered in shitty leather. .sure evo is a great performance for ur dollar...but if u want a car thats more then going fast bunch of choices in the price range that are not that much slower then the EVO..but look better and give u more "luxury" for your buck</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA ...if you think the seats are the same I want some of the crack your on. The RSX leathers barely have any support to them. As for sales, what do you expect with the Evo and STi, they are specially targeted cars, not everyone is going to buy them. It even says in the Evo brochure "are you sure this car is right for you?"

When you say "more "luxury" for your buck" , the Evo is NOT a luxury car. Exactly the reason why these cars cannot be compared. Its 30k of performance. If I wanted luxury in this particular price range I would have picked up a TSX
Old 12-10-2003, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03RSXTypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">once again evo is 8K more, RSX dash is better in my opinion, seats are pretty much same except ours is covered in shitty leather. And the things u mentioned...guess what they aer performance...and if u need a car to pick chicks up...then u r sad. And as for me like I said for 8K more I'd consider a lot of otehr cars before I'd go with an EVO...sure evo is a great performance for ur dollar...but if u want a car thats more then going fast bunch of choices in the price range that are not that much slower then the EVO..but look better and give u more "luxury" for your buck</TD></TR></TABLE>'

HAha ......

Same seats ....thats is a joke .....Sexy Ergonomic Recaros compared to some stiff ...lard as wide ....uncomfortable RSX seats .....

Maybe you have never sat in actual nice seats to judge ....but of course , you will say ....blah blah blah ....i sat in so an so seats ....and the RSX owns ...dAwG....

I guess to me, the Evo is luxury enough ......it has nice seats....decent sterio .....power windows ...power locks ....Nice instrument cluster....A/c ...p/s ....vanity mirrors ....etc ....

The only thing it does not have .....is LEATHER .....

And who gives a **** about sticky ....slippery leather ...if i wanted leather i would buy a Lexus ...or TL ...
Old 12-10-2003, 09:36 AM
New User

Fact of the matter is the Evo is a PERFORMANCE car, while the RSX is a PEDESTRIAN car with a great engine. Evo's pretty ugly, but the RSX is no looker itself.

Type-S stickers for $23K and Evo stickers for $28K. Where's the magical $8K, is this a new math you're using to account for a $8K difference?

Motortrend had an exotic car shootout a few months ago (ferrari, porsche, etc) and they even included a stock Evo. The Evo did well in most of the categories considering the price. There wasn't an RSX included in this high performance shoot out in case you were wondering.

This Evo vs. RSX is a no brainer. If you want performance, go for the Evo. For about $2000 in mods you can add 80hp to the Evo.

Old 12-11-2003, 10:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03RSXTypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">once again evo is 8K more, RSX dash is better in my opinion, seats are pretty much same except ours is covered in shitty leather. And the things u mentioned...guess what they aer performance...and if u need a car to pick chicks up...then u r sad. And as for me like I said for 8K more I'd consider a lot of otehr cars before I'd go with an EVO...sure evo is a great performance for ur dollar...but if u want a car thats more then going fast bunch of choices in the price range that are not that much slower then the EVO..but look better and give u more "luxury" for your buck

[EDIT]
Once again why the **** are you comparing the RSX to EVO? They are different categories like before mentioned..ofcourse the evo will beat the RSX, thats a no brainer. And just fyi..the RSX seats ARE recaros...they are just covered in leather...and I got 8K out of the price I got my RSX for $21K vs 29K...29-21=8K whoa. And the only reason why motortrend included the EVO...is because all car mageazine's are on this car's nuts because of its performance...gee get a ferrarri 360 or a EVO...whatever will I choose.[/edit]

Modified by 03RSXTypeS at 3:21 PM 12/10/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

Everytime u make a new post u sound more childish and ignorant.Just admit that the RSX was made for college students and old retired men on a budget and the Evo for performance.This car can kick a M3's *** all over the track, which is a well respected sports car, and still costs about $15,000 less.Sure,it might not come with leather but u dont hear any Evo owners saying,"I wish my Evo had leather".Who do u think u r to tell anybody that his car needs leather?And stop comparing the prices of the RSX and Evo already.If the RSX was AWD and turbo its price would be about the same as the Evo.Except that it will still lack soul.And a fortified engine.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i like rsx because of potential.....looks.....and style....it can be fast if done right

i like evo8 cuz of power now...and awd....so fast...my roomate had a civic SI 2000 with just minor bolt ons....he got pist he ran a 15.8 so went and bought a evo8 next day......after 3 weeks at track got the bone bone stock...full street trim and half tank of gas evo8 down to a 13.1 @ 103 with a 1.7 60' stock....yes stock....and no im not makin it up...
Old 12-11-2003, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (OutKast34)

I can't even believe the 2 are being compared.

More like STI vs. Evo.

or....

RSX vs. Eg/GSR
Old 12-11-2003, 05:25 PM

i go for dc5! shoot honda all the way sukka
Old 12-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">full street trim and half tank of gas evo8 down to a 13.1 @ 103 with a 1.7 60' stock....yes stock....and no im not makin it up...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats a really good time...do you know what the track conditions were? When I ran i could only net a 2.1..our track is in the mountains and over the course of the 1/4 the track climbs 6 ft. My friends Evo with intake, downpipe, exhaust and safc ran 13.2@108...props to your buddy.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and I got 8K out of the price I got my RSX for $21K vs 29K...29-21=8K whoa.</TD></TR></TABLE>

29k is that your rough estimate? I picked up mine for 28 with moonroof and spoiler, i know some people whove picked it up for less.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But guess what Evo was made for the same 20-30 year old person who can afford a more expensive insurance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't know how bad your record is, but the insurance on my Evo is nearly $150 cheaper every 6 months to insure than my RSX, both full coverage.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And a big part of that is that the EVO looks almost like a normal lancer exterior and interior wise. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The only link between the normal Lancer and Evolution is the chassis and interior design...the exterior is completely different on the Evolution (Headlights, Hood, Front bumper, Widebody , rear bumper)...putting them side by side the difference is night and day.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The thing with EVO is that everythign went into the AWD and Turbo as you put it...everything else there was no room in the budget...and the RSX is different the money was dividied up for performance with the K series development, and a decent chunk of the price went into inteiror.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is absolutly rediculous. If everything else had no room in the budget why does it have Recaro buckets? A MOMO steering wheel? Brembo brakes? A stereo system better than the RSX's? The Evolution is such an econobox on steroids, the same can be said about the RSX...rich man's Civic.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Once again there is more to cars then performance..damn you sound like a typical tooner on this site...give me a **** looking car and make it fast and its soo much better than a M3.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Last time i checked track results the Evo had no problem outhandling an M3, let alone the Vishnu modified Evo. This is where personal preference is key..if you like leather more power to you...it just seems the general consensus that most bucket seats that do their job aren't One is a luxury RWD coupe...the other a WRC rally sedan...leave it at that.

If you like luxury only, hey thats you...hell the DC5 is hardly a luxury car. In my opinion, from owning BOTH cars, my vote will always go to the CT9A. The RSX can have its fun on the not so sunny days.

Modified by WR03Evo at 2:16 AM 12/12/2003
Old 12-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The evo is the rich mans mirage
Old 12-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03RSXTypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but once again...M3 is a better car than the EVO because it gives you a lot more nice stuff than the EVO. EVO is ***** out fast..but M3 is not that far behind but interior,looks,reputation, bling factor owns the evo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think the best way to say it is Opinions are like ********, everyones got one... only thing M3 has is what? Once again, Leather? Traction Control? Id rather have nothing between me and the road. Both cars have power windows, locks, a/c, cd etc. Personally I think the car is hideous...only M3 I remotely like is the newer models. "Bling" factor? I still haven't seen another Evo in my area besides my friends...its funny to watch people who know what the car is almost wreck looking at the car or staring and pointing. Can't say Ive done that with an M3...maybe an STi. I've had a silver E36 M3 try to tail me before and after downshifting with him twice and him still being behind me , he turned around. Nothing like spending $30k less and sending rich boy home with his tail between his legs.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The seats in my STI were more comfortable than my buddies EVO. The EVO runs pretty good for a stock car, and the only clutch issues i've heard were people who are dumping their clutch's at 6000rpm or something stupid like that. I would prefer the EVO personally for an everyday driver. Its four door, It gets decent gas mileage, modifications on a turbo car tend to usually give more hp or tq than on N/A engines, stock HID's *not sure if the rsx has this or not* A real trunk, stock Enkei wheels and performance tires etc.. My vote goes for the EVO
Old 12-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like someones a little jealous. I bet they say that about the STi and other cars with big spoilers that serve a purpose.

Looks to me like that DC5R spoiler on your car does nothing but add weight.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:35 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WR03Evo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like someones a little jealous. I bet they say that about the STi and other cars with big spoilers that serve a purpose.

Looks to me like that DC5R spoiler on your car does nothing but add weight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. He sounds nothing but jealous. Maybe he's just a hater; who knows? Anyways, this thread is getting stupid.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by 03RSXTypeS
What 40 year old would want to be seen in a car with a huge *** wing, altezzas, and a noisy car. Its a riced out econobox to the average public.
What 40 year old would want to be seen in a Evo u ask?How about every 40 year old in the world.Why do you keep forgeting the inmence popularity this car has around the world?Just because North American 40 year olds dont care about rally performance cars doesnt mean its the same around the world.Also that wing is very functional so its not rice and Altezzas are so elegant looking that manufactures refer to them as Euro tail lights.

Originally Posted by 03RSXTypes
Once again there is more to cars then performance..damn you sound like a typical tooner on this site...give me a **** looking car and make it fast and its soo much better than a M3. Yes this car will kick its ***..but in teh end a M3 owner will go to his mansion, while an EVO owner will go to his little 2 story shack. Yes EVO is respected for the performance it gives. But you can't honestly expect that when someone can afford a porsche or a Ferarri..taht they'll be cross shopping the 2 cars. A good "fan mail" i think in this month's sports compact car...where the guy says that basically "I can afford a porsche..why the **** would I look at an econobox?" And I completely agree with that someone with the money won't be looking at the evo for performance.
Like i sad before,everytime u post u sound more and more ignorant.There is a minimun of $35,000 difference betweeen a Porshe Carrera and a Evo.The Evo was made for racing ,stick this word in your little mind racing .The average 50 year old man wont buy a Porshe ,M3 or Ferrari to race it,but just for the bling.And I still dont know why u r comparing theese luxury sports cars with the Evo since Mitsubishi is not trying to atract theese type of customers.Oh,I know why,cause u r a ******* idiot.You r such a ******* saying that a rich person wont buy a Evo.OF COURS NOT,HES RICH!.He wont look at no car that coast less than a 5 sereis BMW because he can afford it.Also read your posts more carefuly before u post,u just said that a M3 is better than a Evo just cause the owner of the Evo lives in a mansion is plain stupid.And anyways,why would a person living in a mansion buy a M3 when he could afford a Ferrari or M5 or Carrera?Also sice u read SCC,Im sure u saw the pic of the slamed Lambo at the end of the magazine.This is what the Evo was made for,a affordable all around sports car that can be repaired at minor cost than other luxury sports car.I bet u that the owner of that Lambo wishes he would of been driving a Evo.

And I'm not comparing an EVO and a RSX once again different classes...different prices..u have to be a retard to compare them. cough orginal poster cough. The thing with EVO is that everythign went into the AWD and Turbo as you put it...everything else there was no room in the budget...and the RSX is different the money was dividied up for performance with the K series development, and a decent chunk of the price went into inteiror.
Theres a well amount of cash spent in the 4G63.I envite u to compare its rods and crank with the k20.

Know what, I don't feel like arguing with you anymore because to tell teh truth u sound retarded...I keep tellign you why I(ME, MYSELF,NOT ANYONE ELSE) wouldn't get that car, beacuse of better options for myself on the market at that price, or if I can afford something better...other options for more $$$...and you keep telling me that this car is everything that I want? what the ****...I think I know what I like and don't like and whats my preference is towards cars.
Funny u say about your opinion but yet u state "Its a riced out econobox to the average public".What public is this u talk about?They dont think like that so stop trying to talk for somebody else.This is your opinion and your opinion is not the Pubics opinion!

But I guess you'll always be the type where a 10 year old civic with 20K in engine work running 11s-12s is more appealing to you then a 30K car running 13s. Hell if u want to go fast in a straight line get a grand national and with 1K of car parts u have a 11second car. And if you want a decent track car get a Trans Am for cheap...contrary to popular believe they handle prettty well...if u search on M3 boards a guy in a Transam called them out and out of 18 M3s that showed up he beat 17 in the auto-x course.
I dont know what to say.Ijust cant believe you r so retarted.I just cant beleive it.Once again you r tel;ling me what type of car i like,please stop doing that its annoying.Why do u keep insisting that im the type of person that would rather spend thousands of dollars on a car?Just cause i like the Evo?Sine u are so reatarted let me tell u what king of riced out car i drive,because u seem to care so mutch and keep making comments about it. its a 01 CL Type S .Now that i told u what type of car I have for the 2nd time,sto[p making those obnosuce comments.And why do u refer to me inmdirectly about me liking fast cars in a straight line?Show me the proof were i say I do?The Evo is a cornering car so if u that just cause I like the Evo i suggest u read more about this cornering machine.BTW,your car is not the best priced in its class eighter.The Mazda turbo is a true all around sports car that will spank your beloved RSX at the track any day and it still costs $4k cheaper.The reason why anybody would get a Evo over a STi or G35 is the same reason u chose the RSX over a Protege turbo or STR-4.

Originally Posted by RSXTypeS
Once again grow up..and stop pushing your beliefs on other ppl, to you the EVO might be hte best thing ever made...but to some ppl it'll always be a econobox on steroids.
Funny how u tell me to stop pushing my beliefs yet u manage to do it 2 times in this post.You r the only one that thinks that the Evo is a ecobox on steroids.How do I know this?U r the only one i have heard say this,thats how.Cause u dont know anything about the Evo,thats why u say that.And as long as u keep saying that about the Evo I will kepp proving u wrong.BTW, does cursingout somebody over the internet make u feel more like a man?I wish u were in front of me.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (UnCaNnYChInO)

ive seen a lotta 40 year olds drivign evo's in my area.....those dads who want a new corvette....but yet need to haul there kids around....wam they have the evo8....and power...omg friend put downpipe and safc controler on his....stock airbox still on.....ran 12.3 with it....wiht those 2 mods......gosh i love them
Old 12-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gdrum)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">evo's will be at around 8K, SITs will be at around 11K, S4s will be at around 17K, adn RS6s will be around 30K..in 5 years.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good luck if you think thats how cheap these cars are going to depreciate. Look at the Integra Type R...some ppl still charge 18k for a 97-98, and people still pay it.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (OutKast34)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OutKast34 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which car preforms better? if you have driven both which did you like y? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've driven both cars, not just a 15 minute drive either, a whole 3-day weekend.

But...........you cannot compare, but overall, the EVO kills it in every category, PERIOD.

Even if the RSX was Greddy turbo charged, the EVO kills it.

P220, you need to let me drive your t/c RSX, since its running better.

-Bert
Old 12-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (03RSXTypeS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 03RSXTypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Evo if u like to drive a box on wheels..whose only goal is performance...rsx if u want a good around car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what is there left after performance? STUNNARIZM. ARE YOU A STUNNA BOY!?
no?

then shut the **** up
Old 12-13-2003, 02:58 PM

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (BERT-O)

If ya got the cash and can still financially support other parts of your life..by all means go with the EVO.

Evo interior? Shoddy? HAHAHA. It may look kinda ugly, but its ergonomically designed for the DRIVER. Screw what other people think about the car and its inside, they probably won't like the interior anyways since their *** would probably hurt from taking a good ride in it after being used to a pansy soft suspension.

And like other people stated before...doesn't the evo have more options anyways? HIDs, a nice stereo system, etc (can't name em all of the top of my head).

If both cars were put in the high performance car category for insurance, wouldn't the EVO be LOWER since its a 4door? (all depending on records of course)

I've been in both cars and here's my opinion. Like Tsunami_ZC said, the Type S leather sucks. I slid around all over the place since I'm a 5'7" 135lb asian guy, and the seats seemed way too wide for me. The interior is pleasing to the eye, but that's about it. The EVO on the otherhand kept me well planted, and everything was clear placed very well.

Quick Reply: RSX vs. Evo