Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

RSX vs. Evo

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 11:41 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (Type_SH)

The official name is Lancer Evolution.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (VoltageLS)

its Lancer Evolution VIII....the floormats say it...nicknames are Evo, Evo 8, Lan-Evo, whatever.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (gdrum)

Here is a before pics: then after

Old 12-22-2003, 05:21 PM

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (EVO8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVO8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

Beautiful!
Old 12-22-2003, 07:28 PM

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (sjracer)

evo eight hands down.

it's a beast.

my ITR has a zeal S6 suspension vs. Evo 8.. stock. i have not taken the evo to the limit or the track, but just driving it around town and stepping on a gas a little around turns, the car feels awesome. the response and the balance is unparalleled. it feels like a cross between a RWD and a FWD car, it doesn't quite push like a FWD car and you can definitely feel the torque behind you around a corner. the car is so precise... HOWEVER, i do like the comfortable feeling the itr gives me. it's not as nervous or twitchy as the Evo.

i bet my ITR handles better than most RSX's out there.

power wise, um.. no comparison. the evo does have a lack luster top end, due to its rich settings. the power is pretty crazy in the evo, but there's something with NA cars that i can't get enough of.

quality, honda hands down. rattles, creaks, and all kinds of weird noises come from the evo. i will give the evo the seats and the steering wheel, but everything else.. fit and finish.. honda takes the cake. honda plastic vs mitsubishi plastic. mitsubishi spent the money where it counts, imo. engine and suspension.

cliff notes-
fit and finish/quality- honda
performance- evo

however, the evo is made 100% in japan. that's gotta count for something.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:37 PM

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (disordeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by disordeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bet my ITR handles better than most RSX's out there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

OT: With a similiar suspension setup on a RSX, i bet it will be close. You got to remember though, the ITR has about a 200lb advantage over the RSX. This weight makes a huge difference in the corners.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sjracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OT: With a similiar suspension setup on a RSX, i bet it will be close. You got to remember though, the ITR has about a 200lb advantage over the RSX. This weight makes a huge difference in the corners.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and that is what i am saying, the ITR with my suspension handles better than most RSX's on the road (granted that an RSX can handle compareably with an equivalent suspension). still, the ITR will have the weight advantage.

i just got back from a semi-"spirited" drive and the evo out handles my ITR w/ the zeals. no questions asked.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:14 AM
New User

Here...since you some of you guys can't see the superiority of the Evo in plain english as well as the universal number system....maybe some pictures will help.

Would you guys really rather have this

Over this?

I know it's a 7...but since the RSX is "Modded", I figure id' let the Evo side have some fun too

Like they say...friends don't let friends drive rice...I guess some of you don't have too many friends?
Old 12-27-2003, 01:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Modified by Type_SH at 9:33 AM 12/27/2003
Old 12-27-2003, 10:31 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VoltageLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here...since you some of you guys can't see the superiority of the Evo in plain english as well as the universal number system....maybe some pictures will help.

Would you guys really rather have this

Over this?

I know it's a 7...but since the RSX is "Modded", I figure id' let the Evo side have some fun too

Like they say...friends don't let friends drive rice...I guess some of you don't have too many friends?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're a dumb also. You go ahead and pick one example of a fugly RSX and compare it to a clean looking EVO! If you're trying to compare looks, why don't you at least compare a clean looking RSX to a clean looking EVO?

Edit: That's not even a RSX in the first place. If you look closely, the motor in the car is a B series! Thanks for showing us you don't know the difference between cars.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:05 AM

a rsx is an all na beast (300whp) with mods and the evo is an fi beast (500) stick to the guys question... all he wanted to know is whether to get a new $22k rsx... or s $23k evo with only 15 k miles...
Old 12-27-2003, 07:34 PM
New User

Shut your damn mouth Kiddo--I know damn well that is a car with a RSX front on end. Can't take a joke I see--well it's ok, I guess your ride is a big enough joke for you.

Don't be mad man...It's all gravy.

Oh yea..."I'm a dumb also" Where the hell did you learn how to speak english?

LOL...with your little EDIT...I see it even slipped by you on first glance..haha.

Just tryin to have a little fun with you guys for some after the holidays laughs..chill.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think when the RSX type R come out it will be a better bang for the buck then the Evo anyday. the R should be around 25-26k coming in 2005 line up
Old 12-27-2003, 09:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VoltageLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Shut your damn mouth Kiddo--I know damn well that is a car with a RSX front on end. Can't take a joke I see--well it's ok, I guess your ride is a big enough joke for you.

Don't be mad man...It's all gravy.

Oh yea..."I'm a dumb also" Where the hell did you learn how to speak english?

LOL...with your little EDIT...I see it even slipped by you on first glance..haha.

Just tryin to have a little fun with you guys for some after the holidays laughs..chill.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's ok man. That's the only thing you have on me. Don't be mad because everything you posted so far has been proven wrong. I honeslty bet you did not realize that it was actually a Civic with a RSX front end convertion at first, did you? You can call me "kido" all you want, but from the way you speak, everyone can tell you're the one with the English problems.

You're the "smart ***" that keeps coming into the RSX forum talking your smack about the RSX, when in all reality, you don't own one in the first place. This would make you a, ahhhh, let me think about this for a second, TROLL. Show me a post where you posted something intelligent in here. Exactly! So before you start calling people out, you better check yourself first.

I edited to add new info, not to correct my grammar. You post a picture of a Civic with a RSX conversion and compare it to a nice clean looking Evo 7. Then you ask people on here why would they purchase that "RSX" in the first place when they can pick up an Evo. You cannot compare a car to another car if that car is not the real car in the first place. Wait, did i lose you on that one. Let me make it easier for you to understand: "YOU ARE A DUMBA*S!" Have fun trolling around you loser, and have a nice life.

EDIT:

If you want to compare two similarly modded cars, this is how you do it:

Modified by sjracer at 11:11 PM 12/27/2003
Old 12-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok help me here.. i see a 24grand rsx..
with 2 grand rims.. 400 dollar cf hood.. 400 dollar headlights.. the OEM KIT at least 600 bucks(150 a side or so).. and umm wing... FORGETTING about suspension/engine mods.. so about 3500 bucks has been spent.. now based on looks.. thats about 28000 car.. i sure wouldn't pay that much for a rsx type-s.

am i the only guy that doesn't see it. u can compare the nicest rsx..
but the evo comes stock a beast.. no mods needed to compensate the crappy "things" it does come with.. automatic in car adjustable headlights(aim).. recaro's stock... brakes that people pay almost 1500~2000 bucks for.. hahaha poor mans type-r once again.. OH YEA&gt;. i forgot to compare the toyo tires to the stock potenza's the evo comes with.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CR-V)

evo does not come with potenzas it comes with yokohama advans...STi comes with bridgestones
Old 12-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WR03Evo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WR03Evo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">evo does not come with potenzas it comes with yokohama advans...STi comes with bridgestones</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank u for the correction.
i rode in a sti recently and got it mixed up.
either way. i was just making a point that
the evo comes stock with rims, brakes, tires
hids, turbo, 4wd, recaro's, + more..
rsx comes with crap rims/tires, whatever brakes,
no hids, no turbo, no 4wd, no recaros,
Old 12-28-2003, 10:46 AM

Default Re: (CR-V)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CR-V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thank u for the correction.
i rode in a sti recently and got it mixed up.
either way. i was just making a point that
the evo comes stock with rims, brakes, tires
hids, turbo, 4wd, recaro's, + more..
rsx comes with crap rims/tires, whatever brakes,
no hids, no turbo, no 4wd, no recaros, </TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you expect, its 7-8 grand cheaper..... and both cars were built for different reasons....
Old 12-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Team)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What do you expect, its 7-8 grand cheaper..... and both cars were built for different reasons....</TD></TR></TABLE>

EXACTLY!! why are people comparing them? they aren't really for the same crowd, the RSX is more of a sports touring car, while the Evo is more of a canyon carver/rallye car. they have always been different and pretty much appealed to different crowds. but for the price range both are in, i would rather have a C-class coupe. its rwd, 6-speed, excellent safety, supercharged 4-cyl and its pretty rare. plus i'm a mercedes fan. did i mention its rwd? i still think that is the RSX's biggest shortfall, it makes it less balanced.

i really don't see what the big arguement is about, the Evo is proven to be a bit better than the RSX. that shouldn't be any suprise, it has power advantage, traction advantage, better weight distribution, its a factory race car. i honestly don't think it will last as long as an RSX. it is more high-strung, the engine may be proven, but it'll need a rebuild before the honda will. also, the quality issues of mitsu aren't as bad with the Evo as many of their other models.
again, the Evo is a great car, but its not a car that i can envision myself owning for at least a decade. its like many of the muscle cars from the 1960's, its a throw-away car. i know there are alot of muscle cars around still, but no where near what there was. they get used and abused and then sold. oh well.
i still prefer the EP to the RSX. but thats another story.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (kevinm1981)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kevinm1981 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think when the RSX type R come out it will be a better bang for the buck then the Evo anyday. the R should be around 25-26k coming in 2005 line up</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh ....yeah ......that extra 17 hp .....would make it such a better bang for your buck .....

dream on .....
Old 12-29-2003, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (texnteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by texnteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

EXACTLY!! why are people comparing them? they aren't really for the same crowd, the RSX is more of a sports touring car, while the Evo is more of a canyon carver/rallye car. they have always been different and pretty much appealed to different crowds. but for the price range both are in, i would rather have a C-class coupe. its rwd, 6-speed, excellent safety, supercharged 4-cyl and its pretty rare. plus i'm a mercedes fan. did i mention its rwd? i still think that is the RSX's biggest shortfall, it makes it less balanced.

i really don't see what the big arguement is about, the Evo is proven to be a bit better than the RSX. that shouldn't be any suprise, it has power advantage, traction advantage, better weight distribution, its a factory race car. i honestly don't think it will last as long as an RSX. it is more high-strung, the engine may be proven, but it'll need a rebuild before the honda will. also, the quality issues of mitsu aren't as bad with the Evo as many of their other models.
again, the Evo is a great car, but its not a car that i can envision myself owning for at least a decade. its like many of the muscle cars from the 1960's, its a throw-away car. i know there are alot of muscle cars around still, but no where near what there was. they get used and abused and then sold. oh well.
i still prefer the EP to the RSX. but thats another story.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because !!!! ...if you hadnt noticed it already ......the original creator of this thread ...posted to get opinions on whether to buy a DC5 ....or an Evolution ......

they are being compared , because that was the intention of this thread ....

geez ....."reading comprehension is your friend"
Old 12-29-2003, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (tsunami_zc)

it was originally, but i think that was lost a while back.

i said i like the benz coupe because of its build quality. i wouldn't buy it for the badge like many people do. i would buy it because we have always had benzes in our garage and i might as well spend a few more g's over an rsx. but they aren't all supercharged, just the base model. and there are even lower engines in europe. ehh...nevermind., its not worth it.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (tsunami_zc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tsunami_zc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh ....yeah ......that extra 17 hp .....would make it such a better bang for your buck .....

dream on .....</TD></TR></TABLE>

also better suspension
lighter
nicer lookin interior and exterior
and it would be a Type R
Old 12-29-2003, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (Type_SH)

do you think they will really give us americans brembos and recaros in a DC5R, let alone a K20A when they are charging 28K or more for the A spec package. Even then it still wouldnt make much of a difference, a FWD N/A coupe or a 4WD Turbocharged sedan.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:10 PM

Default Re: RSX vs. Evo (WR03Evo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WR03Evo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you think they will really give us americans brembos and recaros in a DC5R, let alone a K20A when they are charging 28K or more for the A spec package. Even then it still wouldnt make much of a difference, a FWD N/A coupe or a 4WD Turbocharged sedan. </TD></TR></TABLE>
exactly N/a vs turbo.... no reason to compare...

Quick Reply: RSX vs. Evo