Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

my rsx type s is leaking water in the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my rsx type s is leaking water in the trunk

does anyone no? or have u had the same problem i cant figure where its coming from ....helpthere is water filling my trunk ???
Old 04-11-2009, 10:02 AM
New User

Default Re: my rsx type s is leaking water in the trunk

I had water in by the spare tire but never noticed the rear carpeting being wet - after i did a check with the garden hose i realized the water was coming in from the taillights - i ordered a new set of taillight gaskets from the acura dealership they had to order them and they came in in about 3 days and cost me around 30 bucks for the set - all you have to do is pop the taillights out and replace the foam gaskets and you should be fine assuming your car has never been in a rear end accident cuz if it was then you may have more problems than this haha - when you take your rear tailights out there are the nuts that you access from the trunk AND two screws that screw in from under the bumper into the taillight i was able to get mine out without removing the bumper - hope this helps and solves your water problem
Old 04-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my rsx type s is leaking water in the trunk

Originally Posted by dc5fosho
I had water in by the spare tire but never noticed the rear carpeting being wet - after i did a check with the garden hose i realized the water was coming in from the taillights - i ordered a new set of taillight gaskets from the acura dealership they had to order them and they came in in about 3 days and cost me around 30 bucks for the set - all you have to do is pop the taillights out and replace the foam gaskets and you should be fine assuming your car has never been in a rear end accident cuz if it was then you may have more problems than this haha - when you take your rear tailights out there are the nuts that you access from the trunk AND two screws that screw in from under the bumper into the taillight i was able to get mine out without removing the bumper - hope this helps and solves your water problem
word thank you man and it was in a rear end crash but wasnt very bad but thank you for the post...im ganna get the gasket and try that