Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Acura RSX Seats Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura RSX Seats Question

I bought Acura RSX leather seats(02-03 Spec) for my Acura EL (aka luxury Honda Civic), but I'm not entirely sure if I have the US model or Canadian model. The Canadian models should have a plug for the seat heaters, but I don't see it. On my driver's side, I see 2 wire harnesses. One comes from the back, and has a yellow connector which I assume is for the air bag, and the other comes from the side for the seat connector. There's no other connectors.

The passenger seat has a harness coming from the back with a yellow connector, and then another wire that comes from the back that connects to the connector beside it, and then a blue connector beside it, basically connectors connected in series.

The manual says there should be an OBDS connector, seat heater connector (if seat comes with)seat belt connector, seat belt tension connector, and airbag connector. The driver's side is the same minus the OBDS.

My questions is does each connector has it's own wire it originates from or are the connectors connected side by side? If it is connected side by side, I'm thinking that I'm missing some connectors, and that's why there isn't one for the seat heaters.

If anyone could help out. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by SportEL; 12-12-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like your seats are correct. Thay are US I beleive if there is no heater connection. Where did you purchase your seats at? Are you located in Canada or da US?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like those seats dont have heaters, it was only an "option" on the premiums and type s's of equivilent in canada
Old 12-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I live in Canada and bought it off a guy in Canada, so I assumed they are the ones with heat.

hawaiiancb74, are you saying that heated seats aren't standard even though they are leather? (Canadian model). I thought that was the difference between US and Canada seats was that leathers all were heated.

I seem to be missing a lot of connectors so I was wondering if there was a seperate wire connector that comes from the back that can easily differentiate if I have heated seats or not, or....if the connectors are all wired together in series side by side.

Oh, and by missing connector, I mean maybe they were taken out because I see those white tabs there to attach to the connector, but no connector.

Last edited by SportEL; 12-12-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no not all canadian leathers were heated
Old 12-12-2008, 05:44 PM
DC5/EP3 MOD :)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to the dealership before about heated seats and they told me it was never an option for the RSX... And thats here in the states. But if Canadians get heated seats I'm finally jealous of your cold frozen land... But in the states they weren't an option according to my dealership
Old 12-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes canadians had an option for heated seats in all years of rsx production. in addition to heated mirrors, unlike in the states where u had to wait for the heated mirrors.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This review from CanadianDriver doesn't list heated seats as an option, but more as standard:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/02rsx.htm

"RSX models have cloth/simulated suede seats while Premium models have perforated leather seats with seat heaters, a moonroof, and cruise control. Type S models add a new Acura/Bose 6-disc in-dash CD player and cassette player with a trunk-mounted subwoofer box."
Old 12-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes the premium model, the type s was not the premium model.. i dont have it as an standard in the type s specs.. i do have it as an option tho. easy way to check is look for a wire leading from the base cushion of the seat it. the heating elements are simple devices so detection isnt that hard. but if u do not see any conection i would say your seats are not the variation with the heater.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hawaiiancb74
yes the premium model, the type s was not the premium model.. i dont have it as an standard in the type s specs.. i do have it as an option tho. easy way to check is look for a wire leading from the base cushion of the seat it. the heating elements are simple devices so detection isnt that hard. but if u do not see any conection i would say your seats are not the variation with the heater.
That doesn't make sense that the Type S wouldn't have heated seats as well as it is a higher model, but you live in the US so it wouldn't even matter for you, would it?

What do the heating elements look like? Isn't it a heater pad under the leather on the seat cushion, and the lower back? I tried looking for a wire from the base of the cushion but didn't see any. Maybe, I'll have to take the seats back out, and I'll get a better view.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the options list for all dc5 vehicles inclusing canadian premiums, jdm type-s jdm type-r. email your acura of canada resources dept and see if you can get a fax of the options list for all dc5 models produced for the canadian market. then you can look at what im lookin at.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What connects to those 3 connectors?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Acura RSX Seats Question

Heated seats were an option, the cold weather package. Also included heated mirrors.

I have a wiring diagram. Pm me your e-mail and I'll send it when I get home.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Heated seats were a option... on the premium and Type-S
Old 12-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveSi677
Heated seats were a option... on the premium and Type-S
Where do you come up with this stuff...miss information!

1st off, i live in Canada, and i bought my 2002 RSX Premium that came "standard" with leather, heated seats....they were NEVER an option on 02-04 models! All Type S 02-4 models also had the heated leather seats as standard!

In 05-06, premium models had the optional leather interior, and all type s models were standard with leather.....All leather seats came heated!

Oh yeah, i have all of the original brochures for these cars to back it up, and oh yeah, i work for Acura
Old 12-16-2009, 04:24 AM
Surje.motorsports

Originally Posted by Deetz

1st off, i live in Canada, and i bought my 2002 RSX Premium that came "standard" with leather, heated seats....they were NEVER an option on 02-04 models! All Type S 02-4 models also had the heated leather seats as standard!

In 05-06, premium models had the optional leather interior, and all type s models were standard with leather.....All leather seats came heated!

Oh yeah, i have all of the original brochures for these cars to back it up, and oh yeah, i work for Acura
dude this thread is almost a year old, i am pretty sure who ever was intrested in the answer has since found it....also the person you are quoting live in canada as well...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:41 AM
Function > Form

Originally Posted by Deetz

Man... you showed him!

Old 01-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump from the past..

Do the seats have heaters in the back or just lower leg?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In the seat cushion from what I remember, they are *** warmers.