Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

WV ITR August Meet: PART III

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Opie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Opie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt;~ Scared of the w00ds and dark</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wuss.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt;~ Total city kid</TD></TR></TABLE>

j00 need to get skewled in WV.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt;~ Hates most of what he has heard thus far about WV </TD></TR></TABLE>

It really is a great place to have alot of fun and relax too. Lots of fun things to do, and great places to goto (including the Kennedy motif-- booze, bars, and broads). Its also very scenic with many fun roads to drive on. You will not be dissapointed.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Opie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt;~ Scared of the w00ds and dark
&lt;~ Total city kid
&lt;~ Hates most of what he has heard thus far about WV </TD></TR></TABLE>
Awww, poor widdle ohpee, we'll keep you safe from all the evil people ;-)
Old 06-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (mythias)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mythias &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It really is a great place to have alot of fun and relax too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do we get to shoot things, passerbys?
Maybe I should also ask, will they shoot back as well?
I don't mind being fair ...
Old 06-29-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: (Ford Prefect)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ford Prefect &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Awww, poor widdle ohpee, we'll keep you safe from all the evil people ;-)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats right, Opie.. I have enough weaponry to arm a small malitia. The Doomanator will protect you.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: (zygspeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do we get to shoot things, passerbys?
I don't mind being fair ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you shoot things?: Yes. Passerbys?: No. Will they shoot back: YES they will shoot back.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do we get to shoot things, passerbys?
I don't mind being fair ... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, I would say that if you shoot at the passers-by there is a VERY good chance that they will shoot back. The average household owns several guns, and keep at least a couple in the vehicle, but they don't usually shoot humans unless provoked.

It's only an hours drive or so to the Tug river valley, where the Hatfields and McCoys had it out (I worked with a authentic Hatfield until recently).
Old 06-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ford Prefect &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Well, I would say that if you shoot at the passers-by there is a VERY good chance that they will shoot back. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You see, this is why they have that 5000 ft. mark at the firing range!
They won't even hear it coming. j/k
Old 06-29-2005, 11:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ford Prefect &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, I would say that if you shoot at the passers-by there is a VERY good chance that they will shoot back. The average household owns several guns, and keep at least a couple in the vehicle, but they don't usually shoot humans unless provoked. </TD></TR></TABLE>

But when provoked, its an all out hail storm of bullets comming your way.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's only an hours drive or so to the Tug river valley, where the Hatfields and McCoys had it out (I worked with a authentic Hatfield until recently).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shhhh... you might scare Opie.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You see, this is why they have that 5000 ft. mark at the firing range!
They won't even hear it coming. j/k </TD></TR></TABLE>
I daresay that most of them could take out a mosquito at 5000ft, I can shoot rather well, but I certainly wouldn't challenge them.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ford Prefect &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I daresay that most of them could take out a mosquito at 5000ft, I can shoot rather well, but I certainly wouldn't challenge them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, 5000ft isnt THAT crazy of a shot, but the range is not in feet, its yards. There is an elevated 30ft. X 30ft. ring painted target at 5000 yrds at the end of the valley. I've never see someone hit it, as its barely in view even with the best of telescopics.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mythias &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But when provoked, its an all out hail storm of bullets comming your way. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, I was certainly not advocating the idea of provoking them!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mythias &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Shhhh... you might scare Opie. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, if he's really that much of a wuss then let him back out, we don't want to have to spend the whole weekend giving him his blankey and bottle to keep him from crying ;-)
Old 06-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ford Prefect &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I daresay that most of them could take out a mosquito at 5000ft, ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I was just thinking you'd need a real good "spotter's scope" at that distance, because I sure as hell don't want to have to walk to and back from the target (at that distance) between shots.

I haven't been shooting for quite a while.
One a prize once ... back in the Boy Scouts (added the latter so you wouldn't be making fun of some county fair thingie).
Old 06-29-2005, 11:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ford Prefect &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Well, if he's really that much of a wuss then let him back out, we don't want to have to spend the whole weekend giving him his blankey and bottle to keep him from crying ;-)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damnit, now I gotta go looking through my pics again...

j/k
Old 06-29-2005, 11:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, I was just thinking you'd need a real good "spotter's scope" at that distance, because I sure as hell don't want to have to walk to and back from the target (at that distance) between shots.

I haven't been shooting for quite a while.
One a prize once ... back in the Boy Scouts (added the latter so you wouldn't be making fun of some county fair thingie).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, a spotters scope is NEEDED for such long range shots. Thats great you won an award. I assume it was for small bore with the boyscouts? (we only shot 22's in boyscouts).
Old 06-29-2005, 11:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mythias &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damnit, now I gotta go looking through my pics again...

j/k</TD></TR></TABLE>Jeez, doesn't anyone have to go to work in the morning (I know I don't, but...), the vodka is wearing off, and I think I want to get to sleep before it's all worn off.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:26 PM

Can I bring my .22?

Old 06-29-2005, 11:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ford Prefect &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jeez, doesn't anyone have to go to work in the morning (I know I don't, but...), the vodka is wearing off, and I think I want to get to sleep before it's all worn off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Crap, I forgot about work. Time for me to head to bed!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Opie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Can I bring my .22?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 PM

I will say this before I go though: I'm surprised that nobody asked me the answer to my Wv virgin question, but I'll leave that for tomorrow (how do you keep a moron in suspense?).
Old 06-29-2005, 11:28 PM

Yes, DOH-pee, you can bring it, but it will only **** off the mosquitos if you try to shoot them with it
Old 06-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mythias &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I assume it was for small bore with the boyscouts? (we only shot 22's in boyscouts). </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah. That was a long (repeat several times) time ago.
A couple of "friends of friends" turned a 50 cal. Corsair cannon into a "recoilless" gun. Came down to the patent office a few years ago looking up some machine gun stuff they had some ideas on as well.

Those were the days.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those were the days.</TD></TR></TABLE>
No, that was ancient history
I only earned two merit badges in Boy Scouts, and that was one of 'em
Old 06-29-2005, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ford Prefect &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I only earned two merit badges in Boy Scouts, and that was one of 'em </TD></TR></TABLE>

Frankly, I don't think I got one for shooting either.
But the instructor at summer camp was sharp enough to see I was about to "clip" the state bird when it landed on the target post.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That pic says it all for the 303 boyz...and probably why its written in pink for those using it in their siggy
Old 06-30-2005, 05:24 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Speaking of old songs and all this F1 USGP stuff ... anyone remember a song called "Master of going faster" on the album 33 1/3 by George Harrison?

I've been trying to find a digital version of that for years. The song was supposed to have been about Mario Andretti.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You are not going to believe this, but that song was just featured as the first song of the "Fab Foursome" for this morning on Sirius Classic Vinyl !?!?!
http://www.sirius.com/servlet/...39589

BTW, the DJ (Dennis Elsas) said it was supposed to be about Jackie Stewart and Nikki Lauda.

Talk about weird, I don't even know why I happened to be awake, since I didn't get to sleep until something like 4am. I probably wouldn't have even taken any notice and rolled over back to sleep if it hadn't been for the lead-in by the DJ.

Dewd, that is some strange karma we've got floating around this event!?!?!
Old 06-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ford Prefect &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW, the DJ (Dennis Elsas) said it was supposed to be about Jackie Stewart and Nikki Lauda.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, that's not what I heard ... in any case, insert your favorite 60's/70's era F1 world campion.
Interesting that he missed Andretti, though.

Quick Reply: WV ITR August Meet: PART III