Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Type R (x) in JDM

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Nytemare)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nytemare &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well if they made the ITR(x) in 2000 and 2001 and you have a 2000 catalog (I assume as that is the year in question), then the sunroof was probably an option on the 2001. Plus the CW car might have been added as like a 2000.5 car. The ITR(x) has a better exhaust manifold? Has anyone ever seen on of those for sale and what the diff is? Same for the gearing question? Like how diff are the boxes and what are the gear rates? The only links I could find are in Japanese Does anyone know the Technical diff's between the cars in english? Personally the car appears to be more status than type R... so why would they give it stiffer springs and strut rates?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Anyone???
Old 01-08-2005, 08:21 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: (Nytemare)

Originally Posted by Nytemare
Well if they made the ITR(x) in 2000 and 2001 and you have a 2000 catalog (I assume as that is the year in question), then the sunroof was probably an option on the 2001.
I guess that's possible, but it seems incongruous to the mission and raison d'etre of having a homologation special like the ITR. The roof doesn't have the kind of padding you'd normally want for a sunroof installation, and the headliner would have to be out of an Si-R or GS-R.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I guess it's possible that the last modely year in JDM would have had this as an option, although I suspect it would be a dealer installed option, not a factory option as with the Si-R and our own GS-R.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Plus the CW car might have been added as like a 2000.5 car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I think it's more likely they just changed what car they wanted in the 2001 brochure. Wasn't CW always a choice in JDM?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The ITR(x) has a better exhaust manifold? Has anyone ever seen on of those for sale and what the diff is? Same for the gearing question? Like how diff are the boxes and what are the gear rates? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't have Japanese, but I can make out that the brochure refers to a 147kW (200PS) motor, which is the same as the regular Type R motor. I think that if there were a different exhaust manifold, that the Type R(x) would have a couple of horses over the normal model.

Considering the reason for the ITR's existence, it seems to me they'd want that manifold on the regular cars, anyway. The exhaust manifold would have to be on 3,000 units, and Honda would have to certify that to the FIA in order to race the car.

Doesn't make sense. I don't have proof but my common sense alarm is going off.

I don't see anything in the brochure that would look like an assertion of axle ratio or gearbox ratios, so I am afraid I think it's likely that this is also a bit of hookum.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The only links I could find are in Japanese Does anyone know the Technical diff's between the cars in english? Personally the car appears to be more status than type R... so why would they give it stiffer springs and strut rates? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I really don't think the suspension is different.

As I said, I don't speak Japanese, but this is what I can make out from scrutineering the brochure:

• Honda Access pedals appear to be mentioned as standard.

• Air conditioning.

• Folding mirrors.

• Wireless door unlocking.

• Clock.

• Electric antenna and high performance stereo and speakers.

• Carbon fibre trim is pointed out. (Was this not standard as USDM?)

• Picture of CW car with JDM nose and HID installation.

• Recaro sports seats are pictured, but evidently not as an R(x) feature. Choice of black, red or yellow seats.

• 16x7 wheels shown in both CW and gunmetal.

• Colour choices for body are white, black, red, silver, yellow. Underneath the colour chart is a chart that appears to list colour options associated with the exterior body colour, but it's all in Japanese.

• Momo steering wheel and SRS is mentioned.

• 4-wheel ABS is specifically mentioned.

• LSD is specifically mentioned.

• 147kW@8000 and 186Nm@6200

• Potenza RE010 and Advan A-022 are both mentioned.

• The warranty was for 100,000 km.

Guys, I'm sorry but that's about all I can make out, short of posting the brochure to somebody who has Japanese.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: (George Knighton)

The R(x) version is just a luxurious model of the <FONT COLOR="red">R</FONT>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
As I said, I don't speak Japanese, but this is what I can make out from scrutineering the brochure:

• Honda Access pedals appear to be mentioned as standard.

• Air conditioning.

• Folding mirrors.

• Wireless door unlocking.

• Clock.

• Electric antenna and high performance stereo and speakers.

• Carbon fibre trim is pointed out.

(Was this not standard as USDM?)

• Picture of CW car with JDM nose and HID installation.

• Recaro sports seats are pictured, but evidently not as an R(x) feature. Choice of black, red or yellow seats.

• 16x7 wheels shown in both CW and gunmetal.

• Colour choices for body are white, black, red, silver, yellow. Underneath the colour chart is a chart that appears to list colour options associated with the exterior body colour, but it's all in Japanese.

• Momo steering wheel and SRS is mentioned.

• 4-wheel ABS is specifically mentioned.

• LSD is specifically mentioned.

• 147kW@8000 and 186Nm@6200

• Potenza RE010 and Advan A-022 are both mentioned.

• The warranty was for 100,000 km.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">• Carbon fibre trim is pointed out. (Was this not standard as USDM?)</TD></TR></TABLE>

The difference in carbon faux trim with the R(x) model is the slightly blueish color, rather than the standard grey/black.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My JDM RHD ITR came with factory Type Rx Gathers stereo head unit..

Double DIN with a fold in monitor that allows me to watch TV (Not that I can see tv prgrammes where I live. Wrong frequency range) and I can hook a portable DVD or VCD machine to it..
Old 01-09-2005, 02:54 AM

there you go my friends :-)

http://www.itr1220.com/jdm_spec.htm
Old 01-09-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: (Twin-cam)

sweet