Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Time to lite a FIRE.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 08:49 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (1GreyTeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1GreyTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should Reid post the topics, or one of us?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think it matters WHO creates the topic(s).

I just created one topic, https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1438517. Let's see how it goes; if we decide to break it out into multiple topics, we can do so.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: (H-PIMP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H-PIMP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd be cooler if I got my family a hemorrage like depreciating $60K Escalade that'll be worth $25K in 18 months...
Maybe someday you can give me lessons on how to be like Ross.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First of all, learn how to take the hint. You're still arguing specifics when it's clear you just shot your mouth off without thinking in order to set yourself apart from the crowd. You said something silly and everyone noticed it, no big deal. Happens to everyone from time to time.

As far as the list goes, I really do think less is more. It seems to me that when we come up with knee-jerk rules, everyone behaves themselves for a little while, then we start to chafe against the new rules we've created for ourselves.

I would ask that we continue to allow FS posts in here. Our car is unique enough that there are many items which would receive much more attention in here than anywhere else. e.g. my Mugen 3-piece, or wheels of a certain bolt pattern/offset, or an airbag blockoff plate. We also seem particular about selling our items to people we know, or to other ITR owners, before we let the rest of the board know about it. I think it's part of what makes our community strong, and keeps the ITR forum functioning more or less independently.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are we going back to behaving ourselves, now?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fine by me.

This forum can be a very useful tool and a cool place to hang out for years to come.

Old 11-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: (H-PIMP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H-PIMP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This forum can be a very useful tool and a cool place to hang out for years to come.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've PM'd Chris N to check the status of his list of improvements.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:46 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (ossabB)

Should the forum's mission be changed to incorporate other types of Type R vehicles?

We know that the DC2 Integra Type R started it all, but we also know that even though the spirit and mission live on, the actual number of DC2 Integra Type R is diminishing.

Should the forum change it's name from Integra Type R to just Type R, and provide support for the DC5 Integra Type R, the EP3 Civic Type R, the EK9 Civic Type R, and others?
Old 11-20-2005, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should the forum change it's name from Integra Type R to just Type R, and provide support for the DC5 Integra Type R, the EP3 Civic Type R, the EK9 Civic Type R, and others?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wouldn't that discourage the elitist DC2 ITR owners?

Seriously... we are a close knit group of flaming hostile individuals. Kinda fun that way?
Old 11-20-2005, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should the forum's mission be changed to incorporate other types of Type R vehicles?

We know that the DC2 Integra Type R started it all, but we also know that even though the spirit and mission live on, the actual number of DC2 Integra Type R is diminishing.

Should the forum change it's name from Integra Type R to just Type R, and provide support for the DC5 Integra Type R, the EP3 Civic Type R, the EK9 Civic Type R, and others?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that's actually an intriguing idea. But then you might want to have sub forums for each body style. I think this forum was designed mostly for the North American audience but possibly as times change so should be broaden our horizon to all R specific models to promote activity as well as the R concept.

They do have one make or R series races in Japan, a just all Type R community might be an interesting concept. But like I said maybe a general forum like this one and then several different type-R chassis sub forums. But that may be more difficult to produce?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:21 AM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should the forum's mission be changed to incorporate other types of Type R vehicles?</TD></TR></TABLE>

IMHO, no.

Right now, this forum is a community for a bunch of folks who are looking to exchange information about one particular vehicle. I don't think it should get muddied with information about other vehicles which, for the most part, don't have all that much in common with ours.

However, it wouldn't bother me if someone set up a separate new forum for "Other Vehicles With A Red R On Them"...

P.S. You forgot to mention both iterations of the NSX Type R.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Oracle of GDD

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should the forum's mission be changed to incorporate other types of Type R vehicles?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only if some of them come to the USDM.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (Ross R)

&lt;-- Back from a long (and well deserved) vacation...

OG definition... hahaha... Yeah, that's the wrong term, and susceptible to including cliques or favoring post-whoredness.

Anyone like how the .RJ forum... err... RR/AX form is run? How does that work? That seems to be another tight-knit community, or at least a handful of tight knit communities playing nicely together.

What do they have?

-- Members (with loads of "elitist" or whatever you want to call it) self-policing the street-racers, people that wandered into the wrong forum, etc.
-- Moderator (with heavy hand) to lock/ban whoever is disrupting the "flow".

Anyone with "Regular forum poster and generally accepted" status can post just about anything, from Fantasy Football league, F1, Why did I eat that 2nd bowl of Cheerio's, Anyone know how to change a clutch on a '94 Neon? This, along with lots of other on-topic but non-tech info like race results and recaps of various weekends.

I'd like to see that kind of forum here too.... sure let's see the Turkey-day ITR meets, the WTDR Expo, the "check out this video of track XYZ from my Volvo". If people want to hear it, it's on-topic enough. If people don't know you, and it's clearly not on-topic, then find a forum that cares.

Obviously, above that, it needs to be a sanely technical forum too. These are tech forums. That's why most of us originally came here, and why new people come here too.

So, hooray for new members that want to be a part of that, and boo on the ones that are in the wrong place.

&lt;-- Chris, definitely not on the short list of OG's, though I've been around somewhere for a while (though not here).

[Edit: It took me the better part of an hour to read this damned thread! Lots of good points and some entertaining dialog from Ken/Clitz/GK/Ossabba the ITR forum terrorist/all]
Old 11-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

I think the ITR forum is a mini RR/AX forum, but stunna's don't buy race cars so they don't have that problem. I think the canyon carvers are a 50/50 split between the R and RR forums.

ok, w00t
Old 11-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (dsav4shawn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dsav4shawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wouldn't that discourage the elitist DC2 ITR owners?

Seriously... we are a close knit group of flaming hostile individuals. Kinda fun that way?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol says the 05 member. No its not fun that way.

The discouragement of stupidity and basless information is generally what occurs.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:47 PM
shit post warrior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Aquafina)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aquafina &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think the ITR forum is a mini RR/AX forum, but stunna's don't buy race cars so they don't have that problem. I think the canyon carvers are a 50/50 split between the R and RR forums.

ok, w00t</TD></TR></TABLE>

You for got to mention the ITR forum has become mini-MW/SE/NE regional forum, t00!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Re: (ITRbroham)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITRbroham &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You for got to mention the ITR forum has become mini-MW/SE/NE regional forum, t00! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh yeah. Well get your buddies back in here.