Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Time to lite a FIRE.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My thoughts:

Life outside this hobbyist website will probably carry on okydoke. Boohoo.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Ash)

AEM cold air induction for next mod!!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (baonest)

You guys are reading way to much into this OG thing. Yes, there are at least a dozen, knowledgeable "early" h-t/itr members that are no longer around. The few that remain from the 00-01 era are not necessarily OG's per say. They've just "been around".

There are two kinds of people in this forum. The ones that were into buying, selling, swapping, modifying, racing, and, restoring cars prior to owning an ITR, and then there are the ones that didn't know a wheel bearing from a throwout bearing before owning an ITR. And one day, suddenly they traded in their mountain bike and/or snowboard for an ITR. Yet somehow the latter, after spending some time in this forum, and/or driver education events became "all knowing", arrogant, whiners with 1 inch peckars.

Not realizing all the while that both, great drivers and great mechanics are born, not created. Therefore, if you were not a car guy prior to ITR ownership, if gasoline and oil didn't course through your veins since early childhood. I can't give you the full respect I would give one of my non-internet gearhead peers.

There is far too much arrogance and stupidity amongst what you would think is a group of Aston Martin owners, based on the way some people around here act. Truth is, Aston Martin owners don't waste their precious time in places like this. And as my time becomes more and more precious I too spend alot less time online in general. I myself have always preferred hanging out in a shop actually working on sh*t, than sifting through all the **** and vinegar around places like this. When I found this forum over 4 years ago, it was informative and refreshing, that is no longer the case.

I personally know guys that never attended a HPDE in their life, and will flat out smoke 95% of the people on the internet that swear they are "drivers". Driving is just like walking, it's basic physics, figure that out and you'll be ok, just be the best that you can be. In the same token, I know guys with no formal mechanic schooling, that can build you a 260WHP B20 with their eyes closed and one hand tied behind their back.

I've owned all types of performance cars in my young life, and never, ever, has a car dictated my attitude towards other people, and/or groups of people. Everything from ITR's, domestic muscle (the bulk of the cars), VW's, even an AMG Benz, etc. and the list will only continue to get more exotic, yet I'm still the same ol guy in a t-shirt and blue jeans that started this journey with a primered, small block Chevy equipped 1966 Olds F85 15 years ago.

And remember folks, it's really easy to be a condescending ***** from the safety and security of your computer.

Modified by H-PIMP at 2:01 PM 11/13/2005
Old 11-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (ossabB)

this might be a couple of days too old but ive been a member on here since 2000, even though my profile says 2002. I lost my password and screen name to my original account. I never owned an ITR i had a 01 Silver GSR ( I know have an 03 Spa Yellow S2000). I couldnt stand the other forums because everyone here was so knowledgeable in this forum, we had great threads here, the great intake test, the great header test, etc.. Always looked forward to posts from SGT, Mike K and countless others. But as the past few years have gone past its become appearant that most of the new ITR owners on here (not all of you) know nothing of this car except, wanting to know where they can get HIDS and body kits. Its not only happenings on this forum, its also very rampant on the s2000 forum as well. Honda-tech is still the best and Im hoping that these forums can return the level that they one were.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (Chubzilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chubzilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this might be a couple of days too old but ive been a member on here since 2000, even though my profile says 2002. I lost my password and screen name to my original account. I never owned an ITR i had a 01 Silver GSR ( I know have an 03 Spa Yellow S2000). I couldnt stand the other forums because everyone here was so knowledgeable in this forum, we had great threads here, the great intake test, the great header test, etc.. Always looked forward to posts from SGT, Mike K and countless others. But as the past few years have gone past its become appearant that most of the new ITR owners on here (not all of you) know nothing of this car except, wanting to know where they can get HIDS and body kits. Its not only happenings on this forum, its also very rampant on the s2000 forum as well. Honda-tech is still the best and Im hoping that these forums can return the level that they one were. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, those were the good 'ol days. When Sgt, Mike K, Dan Godspeed, etc were regulars around here.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Don't call it a comeback

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (H-PIMP)

SGT
Old 11-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So not to **** anyone off and I'm really looking for a mods response. What if any changes are in the talks or have been made. I'd hate to have this long thread and it to go by the wayside. There were many valid suggestions I'd like to see tried. Any info would be appreciated.

&lt;---- Dave who would like to see a healthy, active community no matter what.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dave_B)

What about #2?

2. Stickies
- FAQ
- WTB/FS (IF we have a thread as a catch-all instead of individual threads)
- Guidelines/RULES
- No Regional Events stickies
- Keep the total number smaller

If you guys don't care anymore, that's fine (kind of a waste if thats the case...), I just made a list and hopefully its useful.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: (Chris N)

except for a handful of people... not many care.

:BURN: !!!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would still like to hear a mod chime in and let us know if anything is going to be tried or if we can just rot....
Old 11-14-2005, 11:56 AM
cool guy name

Default Re: (Chris N)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about #2?

2. Stickies
- FAQ
- WTB/FS (IF we have a thread as a catch-all instead of individual threads)
- Guidelines/RULES
- No Regional Events stickies
- Keep the total number smaller

If you guys don't care anymore, that's fine (kind of a waste if thats the case...), I just made a list and hopefully its useful. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I still dont know what should be done about the WTB and FS threads. FAQ should be there. Guidelines should be there. I think that regional meets and events will have enough traffic to keep them on the first page, so having them stickied would not be necessary.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:10 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (walker111)

I still care. One of the regional events has since been removed (as a stickie) because the event happened, but I don't think regional events ought to be stickied in the future.

I also don't think the "track vids" ought to be stickied.

I would keep it to the first three you mentioned, plus the ITR Expo (assuming that at some point there will be information worth stickying, rather than just teasing that we might hear something some day ).
Old 11-14-2005, 12:15 PM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would still like to hear a mod chime in and let us know if anything is going to be tried or if we can just rot....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think Reid already answered that question:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Reid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since I saw my name mentioned, I feel obliged to state that I'm all for change if that's what the forum as a whole wants.

I'll see where this goes.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-14-2005, 12:17 PM
cool guy name

Default Re: (nsxtasy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I still care. One of the regional events has since been removed (as a stickie) because the event happened, but I don't think regional events ought to be stickied in the future.

I also don't think the "track vids" ought to be stickied.

I would keep it to the first three you mentioned, plus the ITR Expo (assuming that at some point there will be information worth stickying, rather than just teasing that we might hear something some day ).
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agree. Forgot about that one. Thats one of those things that can be searched for. Usally after time the vids get taken down anyways.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxtasy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think Reid already answered that question:</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now I see what your saying but I would like to know exactly what is being done. I did see the vid sticky start falling but there are a lot of other suggestions that people have made and what about a sticky for the rules of the ITR forum?

I do see what's going on but would like confirmation from a Mod who has changed or been involed in the change.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:18 PM

Default OMG!!

OMG!!! this is so pathetic. I can't believe it!! ROFL. I guess there is no BSing over the ITRCA forum that you come crawling back with a different user-name and to do what beside BSing? overhauling the ITR forum? how pathetic!
Old 11-15-2005, 04:21 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I did see the vid sticky start falling but there are a lot of other suggestions that people have made and what about a sticky for the rules of the ITR forum?

... would like confirmation from a Mod who has changed or been involed in the change.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I look in this thread every once in a while, but I'm not reading it religiously.

I un-stickied the video thread because it seemed to be what people wanted, and because all I had to do to implement that was click a button.

As for special forum rules, that's a recent innovation and it's not without controversy.

*The general HT TOS is old and needs revising. This might happen soon.

*It's controversial having special forum rules in addition to the TOS. It's possible that the time of forum rules that are longer than the general TOS is simply gone. Special forum rules and our inability to keep a reign on the atmosphere in individual forums might have had a hand in what is generally perceived as wrong with Honda Tech right now.

*The forum moderators need to fluidly enforce the spirit of the TOS with adaptability and reason, bearing in mind that it's a technical marque forum but also bearing in mind that there is a local forum atmosphere established through years of interaction among the members of the forum.

*We need to get rid of moderators who aren't doing anything, but the owner doesn't like change and he moves very slowly to make sure he's doing the right thing and that he knows what he's doing. Imagine that you're dealing with the Queen instead of the Prime Minister.

Reid is the most interested, and most hard working moderator in this forum so I think he has the right to take the lead with any changes.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: OMG!! (NewR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NewR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMG!!! this is so pathetic. I can't believe it!! ROFL. I guess there is no BSing over the ITRCA forum that you come crawling back with a different user-name and to do what beside BSing? overhauling the ITR forum? how pathetic! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Perhaps you didn't notice but there are more than just Rob who wants changes in the forum.

If this topic was just a topic of flames, etc it would have been locked by page 2 or 3.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:48 AM
cool guy name

Default Re: OMG!! (Dave-ROR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NewR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMG!!! this is so pathetic. I can't believe it!! ROFL. I guess there is no BSing over the ITRCA forum that you come crawling back with a different user-name and to do what beside BSing? overhauling the ITR forum? how pathetic! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Its stupid comments from the peanut gallery that have been getting this thread OT. If you have nothing productive to say than shut your ******* yap and stop getting this thread off topic.

Sincerely,

Jim
Old 11-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Re: OMG!! (NewR)

Yeahhh....

Whatever.

&lt;--- will not waste time or sleep on people like this.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:55 AM
shit post warrior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: OMG!! (ossabB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ossabB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeahhh....

Whatever.

&lt;--- will not waste time or sleep on people like this. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Be quiet, you RAT!
Old 11-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: (H-PIMP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H-PIMP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Therefore, if you were not a car guy prior to ITR ownership, if gasoline and oil didn't course through your veins since early childhood. I can't give you the full respect I would give one of my non-internet gearhead peers...</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is followed by this:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've owned all types of performance cars in my young life, and never, ever, has a car dictated my attitude towards other people, and/or groups of people. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Reid is the most interested, and most hard working moderator in this forum so I think he has the right to take the lead with any changes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ross R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That is followed by this:

Hmm. </TD></TR></TABLE>
haha ownedddddddd
Old 11-17-2005, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ross R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That is followed by this:

Hmm. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly my point, I never looked down my nose at others the way many around here do. And it's usually the guys that are newer to cars that act this way. Cuz any real gearhead I know is down to earth, aproachable, and, has a no nonsense outlook on things. They don't get their panties in a ruffle when someone doesn't agree with what the "sole purpose" of the ITR is.

Funny thing is that, some of these guys have an online persona, alot different from what they're like in person. I always wondered about that? I guess it's safer to be an ******* (or E-tough) from your computer, cuz saying something slick in public may cost you some teeth.

So what is your point? I am supposed to bow down to a mountain biker turned roadracer/forum ****? I don't think so. If some of the folks in question were a little more open minded they'd be a lot better off in the long run. I know from experience that being open minded has brought (and continues to bring me) me great blessings.

Quick Reply: Time to lite a FIRE.