Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Stolen - Boston

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Stolen - Boston

this thread is looking like a testament to lojack sucking. if the car hasn't been recovered by now it's probably in pieces. hate to say it but you guys know how this stuff goes. if you don't get it back in 24, 48hrs tops you're usually done for.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idrivesideways
this thread is looking like a testament to lojack sucking. if the car hasn't been recovered by now it's probably in pieces. hate to say it but you guys know how this stuff goes. if you don't get it back in 24, 48hrs tops you're usually done for.
lojak has the early detection system which I would presume is a bit better. Any theft deterent device is better than nothing. Ultimately the protection of this vehicle lies in auto insurance. Be well protected for any and all incidents. Best of luck with the insurance process.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

insurance is pretty fair from what i gather. they actually pay market value more times than not
Old 07-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im so sorry to hear this. Do you have full coverage?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the problem with lojack is theives know what it is and where to find it. takes all of 5 mins to rip it out and leave it right in the driveway along side your alarm and club. the better hidden everythning is the better secured it is. multi layer protection is the way to go. club, pedal lock, pager alarm, kill switch, back up battery lo jack, back up battery siren and still removing something to disable the motor. also where you park it helps so that it cant be pushed away no easly towed.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by robfrmny21
maybe this will help
http://www.gpsmagazine.com/2008/04/g...tch_review.php

a person i know got a bike back 10 mins after he noticed it stolen, cops caught the person with the bike.

its a lil pricey and requires to be recharged if you do not get the hard wire kit but none the less better then nothing
There are a few nice details in that review that they didn't have on their website, but it's a little outdated. It's $100 cheaper than that review states. The coverage plan is also unlimited and one cost, not multiple plans with a credit/points system. Most of the Cons in the list are now "fixed"... at least according to snitchgps.com. Definitely better than the other option they reviewed "zoomback". You do get a month + of historical info.

From the sounds of it I'd rather get the snitch gps over lojack. I always heard good things about lojack, but this experience shows me it isn't so user-friendly and isn't all that great. Especially for the price! A celll phone and some free software would make me feel better.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by srt4mike
I hate that this **** never stops, but it just seems like there just absolutely has to be some precautions taken when owning an ITR. I understand this car had lojack and other precautions had been taken before as well. I'm not trying to be an *** about anything. I'm not trying to call anyone out or even comment in regards to this particular situation BUT . . . I just feel everyone as a whole needs to take at least some precautions in order to keep these cars safe. I hate when it becomes this fight over who can park their R outside or not, and the discussion about "letting the thieves win" by limiting your use of the car. It turns into too much of a flame fest and the main point is lost all together. These cars simply need to be parked inside, and at least have some precautionary measures taken to prevent this stuff from happening. I understand that you can't just let these thieves control how you use your property, BUT simply having an R garaged should damn near be a prerequisite of owning this type of a sought after car. Way too many people have lost to the "I only parked it outside once" gamble. I just hope that this gets more people to think twice about taking the extra effort to keep the Rs safe. I feel that GPS really seems to be a precaution worth investing in as well. I hate to be cheesy as hell, but I feel the Spider-man quote applies perfectly to this situation: . . . with great power comes great responsibility. I just hope everyone takes into consideration owning an R is different than owning just any old car. This one of the reasons I am still not an owner (yet ). I want to be ready to take on the responsibilities and have EVERYTHING I need to properly care for this gem of automotive history. If I just bought one now, it would not only be a disservice to the car but also myself. Keep 'em all safe guys. Thanks for listening!
couldnt agree more ^^
Old 07-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Icon6 Re: Stolen - Boston

Originally Posted by pcorad
Just spoke with my neighbor again. She said all her windows were open, it was dead quiet at 2:30am and there was not even a chirp from the alarm. Can a pro disable the alarm without it ever sounding?

She said there were 3 loudish "metal on asphalt" noises. That's it.

If the car was blocked in (which it sounds like from your description), then they probably jacked it up on floor jacks and moved it around freely. That's pretty easy to do, btw.

Same thing happened to a local guy - they even pulled the car across the neighbor's lawn in such a fashion, then got it out of a vacant driveway. Far out of earshot. :/
Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

it only takes about 3-4 hours for a car to be taking apart between 3 guys
Old 07-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow i was hopein to here you got it back damn!

lojack worked for my buddy.
he bought a EK for some scetchy kids and had lojack installed same day and guess what they took it a week later. ****ers got cought with the car in there back yard!!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol my R is sittin on blocks and i have it chained to my house neighbors and my dad were buggin out about it like i was in some crack.... i was like look on line you will see why.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:14 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by goldhatch94
lol my R is sittin on blocks and i have it chained to my house neighbors and my dad were buggin out about it like i was in some crack.... i was like look on line you will see why.
If they really wanted it they would take something to cut the chain with but then they might be on crack for doing it
Old 07-27-2009, 07:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by goldhatch94
wow i was hopein to here you got it back damn!

lojack worked for my buddy.
he bought a EK for some scetchy kids and had lojack installed same day and guess what they took it a week later. ****ers got cought with the car in there back yard!!!!
And what are they retarded? u take the car apart and dump it the same night
Old 07-28-2009, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NikeKiid
If they really wanted it they would take something to cut the chain with but then they might be on crack for doing it
sounds like you have been doing it befor!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

And what are they retarded? u take the car apart and dump it the same night

^^^^^^ this is the third post ive seen to this guy relating to stealing cars.....and mostly in the R forums.....Mods...are you there?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DC2-ProdUcTiOnS
^^^^^^ this is the third post ive seen to this guy relating to stealing cars.....and mostly in the R forums.....Mods...are you there?
I've noticed that as well. He's bringing nothing productive to the forum, just troll ****.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CDUB
I've noticed that as well. He's bringing nothing productive to the forum, just troll ****.
I second and third this... WTF mate?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Still not found?

Eyes open here in south MA area for your car
Old 07-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the loss.

My brothers 97 R was stolen and I weeped like a little girl.

I so badly want a R myself, but I don't one just because I'd hate to be limited when and where I can drive it. I'm already worried enough with my Eg.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idrivesideways
sad to agree with this statement..
It's just amazing the little amount of time it takes for someone to take a car apart and just abandoned the shell.. That's if you recover the shell at a;;.. There's been cases where you can't even find that at all in certain areas.. X[
Old 07-28-2009, 10:15 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

you guys arnt bringing anything productive to the forum either just simple comments
Old 07-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you guys arnt bringing anything productive to the forum either just simple comments
Read your posts.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looking for new tips on your next boost?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 AM

Honda should have an optional security system for the R where whenever someone tries to steal it, Chuck Norris pops out from under the car and back-hands the potential thief so hard it kills him.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

alot of unrecovered cars are also vin swap victims. my buddys 94 ls got stolen and the dummys who took it just put new plats and a new ignition and was driving it lor like 3 months until my buddy ran into them at the club.

Quick Reply: Stolen - Boston