Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Spoon Diffuser on my DC2

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spoon Diffuser on my DC2

^^^dude that wasnt directed toward you...read my post and who i quoted...
Old 05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Trust me i know what a diffuser is used for...and for that small purpose, i do not see justification in buying one.

The OP has a picture posted where the car is on the street or some sort of parking lot...it looks like its a street driven car that is taken to competitions as well...i see no point in rocking that nasty thing in either scenerio.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is another pic, back by popular demand. LOL
Old 05-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i say if you like it you keep it. all aerodynamics aside. it's your car, you were in a situation that allowed you to try it out and you did. and thumbs up for trying something different.
I would imagine that if spoon puts this on other cars than an S2000 then I'm sure it serves some purpose.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alexs2200
I believe functionality is the actual debate. IMO many civic and integra groups do not put much stock into aero. I also believe many civic and integra groups are very opinionated when it comes to functionality. The funny thing is the most opinionated are the ones who never even been to a road track, let along drive one. In a circuit a diffuser would never be used because most regulations don't allow it, depending on the class. However in Time Attack anything goes in way of aero. I've been to various tracks, Infineon, Thunder Hill, Willow Springs (Big track), Button Willow etc. and I've gone into turns at 120+ mph. With the winds and high speed splitters, diffusers, wings make a difference.
Yes, front splitters I can understand, a wing also. But like some one else said. Unless this is used in conjunction with a complete smooth floor plan, it won't make any difference. I am almost certain that the EK you posted from Spoon has a complete floor pan.

As far as I can tell, this ITR isn't used in any form of racing, whether it be on the track or not. It looks as though it was put on for asthetic reasons, and that you are afraid to say so, or are trying to justify it by saying it is functional. Yes, the Spoon front lip isn't too functional either at 45mph down Main Street, but it looks great.

As far as you trying to divert from the mainstream Integra / Civic crowd, just go take a look in the Honda Acura forum. They already have these parts and many more 'race' parts on their show cars.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Arsenal
Yes, front splitters I can understand, a wing also. But like some one else said. Unless this is used in conjunction with a complete smooth floor plan, it won't make any difference. I am almost certain that the EK you posted from Spoon has a complete floor pan.

As far as I can tell, this ITR isn't used in any form of racing, whether it be on the track or not. It looks as though it was put on for asthetic reasons, and that you are afraid to say so, or are trying to justify it by saying it is functional. Yes, the Spoon front lip isn't too functional either at 45mph down Main Street, but it looks great.

As far as you trying to divert from the mainstream Integra / Civic crowd, just go take a look in the Honda Acura forum. They already have these parts and many more 'race' parts on their show cars.
I've been to Type One Japan. That EK did not have a complete floor pan as did the Ferrari photo posted before. As for justifying functionality, sure I'll admit plenty of things on my S2k and my ITR are cosmetic and plenty are functional. Last I checked I didn't post a debate thread. I merely posted pics and everyone commented with opinions then it turned into a debate on functionality. Maybe the problem is everyone shouldn't worry so much about what others do to their own cars, but just build good cars to their own standard and share among one another.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PROPS

Thanks for the pictures and you DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO ANYONE WHY, WHAT, AND ETC.

Its your car and you do what ever YOU WANT to it!
Old 05-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alexs2200
I've been to Type One Japan. That EK did not have a complete floor pan as did the Ferrari photo posted before. As for justifying functionality, sure I'll admit plenty of things on my S2k and my ITR are cosmetic and plenty are functional. Last I checked I didn't post a debate thread. I merely posted pics and everyone commented with opinions then it turned into a debate on functionality. Maybe the problem is everyone shouldn't worry so much about what others do to their own cars, but just build good cars to their own standard and share among one another.
Fair enough, but you did post pics of your car, assuming you wanted opinions etc. if not, why post pictures?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Arsenal
Fair enough, but you did post pics of your car, assuming you wanted opinions etc. if not, why post pictures?
Just sharing.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

very ugly
Old 05-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JdmTypeRdc2
^^^dude that wasnt directed toward you...read my post and who i quoted...

i must have clicked on the wrong quote button. But anyway, it wasn't directed directly at you, but more or less those who were saying it's stupid or functionless. My apologies to you.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JdmTypeRdc2
if you say so.
Dont take our word for it. OP clearly has plenty of track experience under his belt and so do I. Get out to the Road course and educate yourself.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by get RIGHT
Good stuff.

To those commenting on the looks. Consider yourselves a bunch of ricers. You have completely missed the point if you think this is about looks. Whether it is functional or not is another story.
Hey you hippy, you are the ricer.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by migs
Hey you hippy, you are the ricer.
But. But. I already cut my hair.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

to each his own,not my style but im not gonna hate on what you choose to do with your car.i saw the s2k thread and all i have to say is if you have half the parts that you gonna on your s2k in itr form on your itr you would have a pretty bad *** car.

show more pics some times one pic does no justice
Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i really do not see why hate on his car, every one has there own idea of how a car should look, trust me im sure some of you itr guys were on love with altezzas in 99-00
Old 05-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by robfrmny21
i really do not see why hate on his car, every one has there own idea of how a car should look, trust me im sure some of you itr guys were on love with altezzas in 99-00
Lol.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i like it but it needs more STICKER!!!! hahah J/p its would be nicer if it was actually used on the track, instead of the street car
Old 05-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Civic92Turbo
i like it but it needs more STICKER!!!! hahah J/p its would be nicer if it was actually used on the track, instead of the street car
Yeah, would be nice, but an ITR would be difficult to keep up in the higher up track groups w/o a K Series swap. B Series is good but just not enough hp and torque to hang when thrown into groups with built EVOs, STIs, Vipers, Porsche, S2ks. Speedventures Red groups and NASA HPDE4 groups eat civics and integras alive for the most part. Then everyone just gets pissed at you for being in the way and blowing their hot lap.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:10 AM

I LOVE IT! Keep function aside for a moment. Great job on being original. Everyone is so concerned about being "JDM" or doing this that way or the other way, who cares! You had this part around and you made it fit. I think it looks good too. (And you know I'm the first to talk ish to you when I don't like a mod you did----like the wing on your S...but I digress)

I can't stand people who just hate. Most of them haven't done anything original in their life but are so quick to criticize others who have a desire to be original. Grow up.

Back to function. Is it functional? I don't know. Without a dyno nobody knows. It's just speculation. For example, it's really easy to install an open element air filter, hear the noise it makes and say---"yup, that's 10 hp easy!". Just like you can't measure HP gains without a dyno, you can't really say that this is or is not functional without a wind tunnel. So, unless, you're a aeronautical engineer or, even then, unless you've tested this specific piece on this type of car... you really have no basis on which to assert your opinion---at least an opinion that's worth a nickle.

If you want to criticize this man about whether this mod is functional or not, then you must be fair and don't speculate. In other words, determining function requires a scientific approach. We can speculate all we want...bottom line, nobody knows until we get hard numbers.

With that...Alex, can you hook one of these up on the 4door we're prepping? How 'bout one on my bavarian bitch....hahaha

peace...

Christian
Old 05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I should request this theory tested by MythBusters!! LOL Ha Ha

Old 05-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks like you could go to the beach with them tires and never get stuck :p
Old 05-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow thats ugly...sorry
Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by get RIGHT
Dont take our word for it. OP clearly has plenty of track experience under his belt and so do I. Get out to the Road course and educate yourself.
I dont need to go out to a road course to find out that it wont make much of a difference. O and as a matter a fact, I majored in Business as well as Engineering , so i think i know pretty much how this works, or should i say, how it wont work for the type of driving that the OP is doing.

I see the car parked on the street, with no other modifications other than that diffuser, so i can clearly draw a conclusion that its not a heavy track car...therefore no need for it...

BUT...it is his car, so whatever he decides to do, is completely up to him. I gave my opinion, which is that i dont like it, as some others have. Done.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wonder how much garbage it collects from the Highway ! :-)

Quick Reply: Spoon Diffuser on my DC2