Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

JDM ITR rear swaybar issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM ITR rear swaybar issue

Hey folks need a Lil help. I have changed all my swaybar components except the swaybar it sell. But I have a knocking sound coming from it. Once disconnected it doesn't make any knocking. I've tightened with it both on the ground and off the ground.. Greased all bushing and its still there. I even went to an alignment stand and they are stumped. I don't know what else to do. The knocking is driving me crazy HELP.

Just to note it's all hard race bushings for the swaybar and d bracket

Last edited by earz; 05-31-2018 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM ITR rear swaybar issue

Anyone... Bueller.... Bueller .. Bueller
Old 06-06-2018, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All bushing are healthy? LCA, RTA, Upper camber arm and Toe arm? All are new or in good shape? I have a knocking sound coming from the trunk too. I have a brand new full ASR rear sway bar kit and Brand new BC Racing coil overs as well. My lower control arms are pretty new, but I think my upper, toe and RTS bushings may need to be replaced/upgraded...
Old 06-07-2018, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CandyRedRC46
but I think my upper, toe and RTS bushings may need to be replaced/upgraded...
This. I have had similar in the past on different cars where a new suspension component shows up weaknesses in existing components. Even moreso if it's a tougher upgraded part. Teg's have a lot of bushings going on and I'd bet the farm it's one of those that CR listed. I know when I replaced the bushings in my bar the dropping bushes needed doing next and then the others in that list. Then the clunking stopped.

Plus - and this may be an old wives tale? - when doing any changes to the anti roll/sway bar I was always taught to do the final tightening of all bolts when the suspension was under load, IE on the ground.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Change upper control arm bushing sway bar end link RTA sway bar bushing and sway bar to frame bushing .. Tighten both in the air and on the ground same results. Went the the alignment shop they are one of the best where I'm from and they too are stumped but said I need to change the lower control arm bushing. But I am thinking my bar maybe bent as the end links have a slight angle to them.

Also where can I find Lower control arm bushings reasonably prices where I'm from there are duties and taxes that almost double the prices of anything I purchase online I don't feel like spending 160 dollar on energy suspension bushings .
Old 06-07-2018, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's another angle
Old 06-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by earz
But said I need to change the lower control arm bushing.
Also where can I find Lower control arm bushings reasonably prices where I'm from there are duties and taxes that almost double the prices of anything I purchase online I don't feel like spending 160 dollar on energy suspension bushings.
Hardrace Rear Lower Control Arms (Harden Rubber Bushings) 97-01 Integra Type R - 6375 - BuyHardRace.com
Old 06-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess I'll try these out.. Will be disconnecting the bars untill then

Thanks man
Old 06-21-2018, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I disconnected the bar.. Sound is gone I have two sets of bushing for the bar and including the hard race and both make the noise.. I'll be driving with out for now.. Also I got thr bushing for the lower c arm will be changing that out Saturday
Old 07-06-2018, 05:23 AM
jnk
Honda-Tech Member

I have always had the knocking issue, and it is usually due to not torquing the nut enough on both the sway bar and lca. Knocking would usually be of the stud rattling in the hole as your suspension alternates tension on the swaybar.

Not sure if this is the same as what you're experiencing, only way i fixed it was to tighten up the end links whilst the car was on the ground, and tighten those suckers up (without threading anything ofc)...
Old 07-06-2018, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jnk
I have always had the knocking issue, and it is usually due to not torquing the nut enough on both the sway bar and lca. Knocking would usually be of the stud rattling in the hole as your suspension alternates tension on the swaybar.

Not sure if this is the same as what you're experiencing, only way i fixed it was to tighten up the end links whilst the car was on the ground, and tighten those suckers up (without threading anything ofc)...
Believe me I've tighten the heck out of it and still got the knock I'm still driving without a it at the moment
Old 07-18-2018, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a brand new full ASR brace/sway bar and endlink kit. I still have the noise. I am hoping when I finally get around to replacing the rear trailing arm/toe arm/camber arm bushings it will go away.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I have changed the Lower c arm bushing bit I haven't put back the bar as yet I havent found the time as yet but there us a marked improvement around the back end.. Next I need to do the trailing arm bushings