Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today. (ITR9)

s2000's are renown for their great handling, drive your ITR through som twisties then drive the s2k through some twisties and see how it is

and to answer the question if i needed a DD id take the ITR, but if not then ill gladly take an s2k.

s2k > ITR
Old 07-06-2005, 09:47 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today. (M1K3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M1K3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">drive your ITR through som twisties then drive the s2k through some twisties and see how it is</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: (bLack_aRR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bLack_aRR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yea bascially im not gonna say all rwd are suppose to do donuts, but the fact that it i think the only reason i would get a rwd is for some torque, the s2k has none. therefore the whole rwd thing really didnt work for me when i drove it. the gearbox is really choppy/stiff vs fwd cars.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
are you kidding?

the s2000 has one of the smoothest gearboxes ive ever driven. and i think the ap2 has sufficient tourque. and if you wanted more power im sure you could head to the aftermarket world, im sure your familiar with it since you have a type r.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today. (nsxtasy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
dont worry, for jobs like that they have people like you and me
Old 07-06-2005, 10:04 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today. (M1K3)

I think the complaints about no torque and having to rev it high show a lack of understanding of the Honda engines and VTEC. The whole advantage of VTEC is that it keeps the torque curve flat at high revs, instead of dropping off. That's what makes the horsepower number so much higher than the torque, because it can make the torque at high revs. (Remember, horsepower is a multiple of torque.) What our cars lack in torque, they make up through gearing, because you can stay in a lower gear while other cars have to upshift. So yeah, to get the maximum acceleration from cars like the ITR, the S2000, and the NSX, you need to keep it in the lowest gear possible, and rev the crap out of 'em. As described in further detail in this article.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The S2000 is a sports car—a track-ready street car.
The ITR is a race car—a street-ready track car.

I love both cars, but without a doubt the S2000 is better. However I do understand that the ITR feels quicker. Maybe it's the noise, or the gearing, the rough VTEC engagement, or maybe it's a combination of everything.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today. (Im_In_There)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Im_In_There &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You = CLueless

Besides the S2k being a convertible ONLY and that making it real GAY. It is a better car Overall, And the information im giving you is based on real world experience of driving the 2 ***** out in the streets, and Auto x.

S2gay &gt; ITR </TD></TR></TABLE>

You have a horny smile everytime I see you in the S2Gay, maybe it's meant for you.

Topless cars get you excited like topless men.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today. (Dave-ROR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave-ROR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...however the ITR brake system is configured better for track use. ...</TD></TR></TABLE>

mind to elaborate on that point?
Old 07-06-2005, 11:27 AM
My old title sucked.

Default Re: ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today. (BRICKHEAD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BRICKHEAD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As crazy as it sounds I have owned two of each of the cars in question and the S although faster is smooth and in my opinion boring compared to an R. I did love both but if I went the sports car route again I would buy another R. I love the rawness of the R. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well put. A friend of mine has an S2000 that I drive regularly, it's a nice car but really not very similar to the ITR. RWD is fun but pure rawness is plain exhilarating.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:29 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today. (nEoMuGen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nEoMuGen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You have a horny smile everytime I see you in the S2Gay, maybe it's meant for you.

Topless cars get you excited like topless men.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for elevating the level of discourse here.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

But But But the R can Nev4R LoOsE!!!111!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today. (Nuts)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nuts &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

mind to elaborate on that point?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure, but I'm not a brake expert so I'll just use experience. The balance of the ITR brake system is superior and an ITR with the same pads and tires will stop from the same speed in a shorter distance. I've seen and experienced this on track myself as have many HC drivers, ask Jason Franza for example.

Now as to the technical details of why, well, like I said, I'm not a brake expert. I'll leave that for those that are.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (M1K3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M1K3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
are you kidding?

the s2000 has one of the smoothest gearboxes ive ever driven. and i think the ap2 has sufficient tourque. and if you wanted more power im sure you could head to the aftermarket world, im sure your familiar with it since you have a type r.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I didn't really get the choppy shifter part either. My GS-R is less smooth shifting than an S2K.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR > S2K.. drove a 01 Today. (nsxtasy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I think the complaints about no torque and having to rev it high show a lack of understanding of the Honda engines and VTEC. The whole advantage of VTEC is that it keeps the torque curve flat at high revs, instead of dropping off. That's what makes the horsepower number so much higher than the torque, because it can make the torque at high revs. (Remember, horsepower is a multiple of torque.) What our cars lack in torque, they make up through gearing, because you can stay in a lower gear while other cars have to upshift. So yeah, to get the maximum acceleration from cars like the ITR, the S2000, and the NSX, you need to keep it in the lowest gear possible, and rev the crap out of 'em. As described in further detail in this article.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ken, I agree with you if this was someone who didn't own an ITR.. but doesn't the guy who complained about the torque have a b-series honda motor? If so, can one describe a F20C or F22 as having less torque than a B18C5? Hmmm I'm thinking not but I don't drive an ITR daily.

Either way, the AP2 feels like it has enough torque IMO. A friend of mine who had a GTI complained about the S2K's torque but that's understandable coming from a car with 200ftlbs+ at the wheels (not a stock gti)...
Old 07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (01PY0559)

It doesnt matter what your opinions are, or what "feels" more peppy.

Facts are facts!

a 2000 s2k runs a 14.0 1/4 mile
a 2005 s2k runs a 13.8 1/4 mile

if you cant acheive these numbers, then you are either a crappy driver or in a bad enviroment of some sort or the car is not running right

an ITR runs a 14.7 1/4 mile, unless your car dynos better or you are at a better track condition or better tires.

The ITR is a little more raw, in the sense, that it has a stiffer frame, NO sound canceling materials, less weight and less luxory

skid pad of ITR .92
skid pad of s2k .93

slalom of ITR 69 mph rounded to nearest tenth
slalom of s2k 70 mph rounded to nearest tenth

so handling wise they are very similar
RWD will always be an advantage over FWD when cornering, UNLESS you are a novice driver

any REAL race car is RWD

indy cars and so on

around most race tracks, the S2k performed overall better than the ITR, posting numbers that were a few seconds quicker around each lap

around motegi east course, the S2K finished 2 whole seconds faster than the ITR

practicality wise : the ITR takes the cake, with more head room, more adjustments in the wheel and seats. More space for storage, and so on.
Also if you drop an S2K to eliminate the wheel gap it has stock, the car sits so low that you scrape anything that isnt a nice road

daily driver : ITR takes this as well. Have fun with the S2K in the snow. With blizzacks it's drivable, but not recommended

looks : the S2K is indeed a sexier car. The ladies can vouch for this!

depreciation : the s2k's value has been dropping like jenna jamesons panties!
while the ITR keeps it's value very well

cost new : ITR 25k
s2k 31k

the 2001 ITR and S2k are worth about the same right now

The s2k is a faster car and does have much more potential than the ITR, but stock for stock the ITR is more practical

if you have a beater car and are looking for the superior car as your fun car

the S2K with a hardtop is the way to go

if you own a FWD civic or something like that and have rolled an S2K on the track, all this means is 1 of 5 things

1. s2k driver sucked
2. your civic had more mods
3. something was wrong with the s2k
4. your a better driver than the s2k driver
5. all of the above

i LOVE both cars though
Old 07-06-2005, 01:02 PM
thk
Members Only

Default Re: (davidnyc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by davidnyc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh, by the way, how is your Suzuka Blue S2K doing?? (which happens to be the exact copy of my blue S2K you bought after driving mine, just have to give people the his-story.... STUNNA !!!! lol!!! Oh - good news... the soon-to-be Mrs. is giving the green light to racing Just have to get the finances in order)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn you. I was totally ready to go on the cheap and buy a Meotter before the test drive. It's doing fine. Kind of nice having a car to drive around just about anywhere and park it anywhere without freaking out.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

whats this "rawness" you guys talk about? like how the suspension/interior panels squeak over every bump, how the shifter feels like a vibrator at high revs or the overall tinniness of the car? you guys talk about it like its a good thing. fact is, the S2000 has more precise steering (not to mention a faster rack), a far slicker gearbox (B series trannies feel notchy to me) and more supportive seats.. you can call it boring, or just solid and composed

FWIW, i do totally agree that the ITR is more forgiving at the limit, but the limits (which are not easily accesible) are obviously higher in the S2k. and i do agree that convertibles are ghey

p.s: my toy is a full suspenion/brake shitbox supercharged AW11 MR2 with a manual steering rack, so tell me all about this "rawness"