Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. ((56K can die!))

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (Haleiwa-Brando)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Haleiwa-Brando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
BlueR - I'm specificly talking to you.
I just can't win with this thread. It's a complete loss. Are you so thick headed as to not see the very simple thing that is right in front of you? Because I ******* want the ****. Just like you wanting your Type R. You wanted it, not me. I I I I I wanted the harnesses. Not You, not your ******* mother, not your priest. I. Who gives a flying **** what the car is used for. How about I mod the **** out of it and put it in storage? How would you like that?

Like I stated in my last post, I have seen the implications and safety risks of the original installation, and I'm making several changes, armed with new knowledge, to get it fixed. Lay the **** off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow
go back to the hole u came out of
Old 09-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is getting out of control. Would someone please lock it.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (Dan GSR)

4 pages without a mention! All that crash boom bang for nothing.

I have no shame in posting my pain...to help you decide.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=978258

good luck
Old 09-14-2004, 02:38 AM
len
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (89civicdx)

Everyone needs to take a chill pill. I get the same **** about not wearing leathers when I go down the street to the gas station. Yes so much can happen, but what are the likelihood/chances. I mean, I can ride in my mom's SUV and roll over and die in a 3 point harness.

Step away from the computer and take a deep breath. The internet isn't reality.

I know people that ride on their motorcycles with just a wife beater on and never go down. For 97% of the time you're still in control of your own actions. For those rare 3%, oh well, that's life. **** happens.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (len)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by len &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Everyone needs to take a chill pill. I get the same **** about not wearing leathers when I go down the street to the gas station. Yes so much can happen, but what are the likelihood/chances. I mean, I can ride in my mom's SUV and roll over and die in a 3 point harness.

Step away from the computer and take a deep breath. The internet isn't reality.

I know people that ride on their motorcycles with just a wife beater on and never go down. For 97% of the time you're still in control of your own actions. For those rare 3%, oh well, that's life. **** happens. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ban

&lt;---Who doesn't know what we would do without our peer mediator Len
Old 09-14-2004, 05:54 AM
Collector-o-Guns and Drinker

Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (89civicdx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 89civicdx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4 pages without a mention! All that crash boom bang for nothing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Holy CRAP
Old 09-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (Dan GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I just can't win with this thread.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, you sure you can't. And you shouldn't.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's a complete loss. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes. That's what happens when you post UNSAFE and DANGEROUS safety equipment setups online.

I don't see Len posting that he promotes not wearing his leathers when he rides down the street. He chooses to take taht risk (A LOT of people do) but they don't post about it in a how-to ride to the gas station. How to threads like this should endorce the correct way to install things.

What you do behind closed doors, in your daily routine, does not concern any of us at all.

What you post on H-T, especially things like this where people may and will get the wrong idea, follow your lead.... that's totally unacceptable. That's IRRESPONSIBLE. Do what you want. Don't post unsafe stuff just so you can 'brag' or get attention. Judging from your post, I'd say all you care about is yourself: me me me me me me me. It's not about 'me' on here - its about who is going to read this and what they may do. It's our duty to call out very unsafe things like this.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you so thick headed as to not see the very simple thing that is right in front of you? Because I ******* want the ****. Just like you wanting your Type R. You wanted it, not me. I I I I I wanted the harnesses. Not You, not your ******* mother, not your priest. I. Who gives a flying **** what the car is used for. How about I mod the **** out of it and put it in storage? How would you like that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

How about you shut the **** up? How about you go back from the hole Dan GSR thinks you crawled out of? Jeesus dude. See my paragraph above. if that doesn't clearly state WTF the problem is here and why 'you can't win' and why 'this thread is going nowhere' then you need to log out, walk away from the computer, and don't come back. Because you aren't helping a goddamned soul on here, just posting for yourself - what - to get attention? Posts like this are supposed to be informative and helpful - not full of problems and serious safety concerns.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Like I stated in my last post, I have seen the implications and safety risks of the original installation, and I'm making several changes, armed with new knowledge, to get it fixed. Lay the **** off.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

THEN DONT POST THIS **** UP HERE!!!!
Do what you want in your own life. Do not post your terrible setup here - as I said before - this site is an educational tool for some, and in no way should this site endorce or put up with unsafe and stupid installations where the eyebolt is not achored/bolted in and there is no rollover protection with a harness. Do what you want. Don't post it here unless its the correct and safe way to do it.

I don't see your original post changing to reflect the 'changes' you are now armed with. But your attitude just sucks.

Instead of understanding WHY people are so adamant about your post - you make it worse. Because its all about you. Not smart enough to understand? DONT POST!!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (nightrider)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nightrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i was asking about my oem passenger seat with harnesses. anyway, .RJ has chimed in so if you'd like to add anything, i'm open to it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

to contrast what RJ said, there are some who won't ride in a car that doesn't have the same seat for the passenger(or at least similar) as the driver.. for example, at the ITR expo, if you had a rollbar/cage, harnesses, etc, then you needed to have 2 race buckets(not oem or oem style reclinables)... keep in mind though that that was a special event and not an SCCA, NASA, etc HPDE.. but it IS the reason I bought a second seat to go in my ITR with my cage and a set of harnesses for that side as well..
Old 09-14-2004, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (mstewar)

Chris N,

I sincerely understand your concern. I don't know how many times I've had to post saying that after reading everyone's posts that I made an error. Do people over look this? Did I not make it clear?

In all honesty I did not mean for this to turn out how it did. For all I know, with my inexperience, I thought I did it correctly. I was greatly proven wrong, and I have no problems with that at all. It only arms me with the correct knowledge to get it fixed. Which I'm currently working on as we speak. The parts are ordered, the trips to Home Depot have been made.

This thread, and the others that I make are not 'about me'. They were written and photographed to be informative and to generate discussion. However, when a person tells me to make up my mind on what I should do with me car weather it be driving it on the weekends, making a drag car or whatever, is none of their concern. Utamately, I get behind the wheel, I drive the car, I pay for the insurance, I buy the parts.

I am sad to see that this post hasn't been locked yet. Fine. No worries. I have admitted several times, my error and am moving foward. You people can continue bicker amongst your selves about this already worn out debate.

As far as logging off and leaving, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, so I'm going to be clear on that. Some of you people have simply got the wrong idea, and in your upset state of typing, failed to see the other four posts I made stating I made a mistake and was fixing it.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:40 PM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Haleiwa-Brando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am sad to see that this post hasn't been locked yet. Fine. No worries.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No reason to lock posts because you have sand in your vagina.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (.RJ)

I don't care if you log off and leave. That was called overexaggeration of my point.

I a) didn't like the tone of your response to us and b) didn't think you understood the concept that when you post something like a how-to or 'look what I did', you are affectively endorsing the idea. And to do such a thing has some responsibility - especially safety. I don't care personally how you run your car - but to see it up here - not good. That was my point.

The only thing, imo, that a harness bar is good for is to mount a camera.

Chris - who gets extremely inflammatory when annoyed/angry, but it doesn't affect my bl00d pressure.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (Chris N)

The thread could have helped someone learn from your mistakes and now you went and deleted all your posts
Old 09-15-2004, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR 1997 #122 Got New Takata Harnesses Today. (essex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by essex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The thread could have helped someone learn from your mistakes and now you went and deleted all your posts </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is all you need:
http://www.sandmracing.com/ssabelt.html