Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Integra type r VS Corrado vr6

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra type r VS Corrado vr6

hi after owning a sol for over a year now im now in the position where i can buy a more powerful, prestige car.

ive owned a few hondas and VW's and with both companys being different they have remained realiable (even back to the 90's).

so with the integra and corrado being some of the best front wheel drive cars ever made a comparison would be interesting

i suppose ive always wanted a corrado vr6 when i could eventually afford the insurance but the integra dc2 has appealed to me also. so it comes down to performance, mpg, styling, options etc which id like to compare before i make my mind up.

just wondering what you guys opinions are.

Corrado vr6 specs : http://www.carfolio.com/specif...17545

Integra typre r: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/specs.php?specID=2 or

http://www.carfolio.com/specif...Honda

on performance terms both cars are evenly matched but the corrado has alot more torque and a higher top speed, although the teg weighs less and doesnt have a heavy v6 up front.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Integra type r VS Corrado vr6 (dubpolo1)

after watching this its more difficult..

http://vids.myspace.com/index....08083
Old 02-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well if i ever baught a volkswagon it would be a corrado. But drive both, and let yourself decide which feels better. I have driven both and i feel more at home and in control with an ITR.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Doostur)

Corrado have horrible maint. and electrical issues and good look finding parts for it when it breaks down. I owned one about 7 years ago and would NEVER own another.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Re: (ITR 00-0477)

After all the troubles with my wife's old New Beetle I don't think I'd ever consider any V-Dub again...

If you want to go through issues with an older car, at least get one worth the trouble. I'd buy a E30 M3 if I had the money for maintenance on them
Old 02-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the VR6 Corrado handles decently despite having a soggy chassis. the shifter is typical VW - long, mushy, uncertain - which is a huge turn off for me. the motor makes good low end and mid range, but top end power (usdm 174hp 12v V6) is nothing to write home about, and i personally highly doubt it can beat the ITR in top speed. the cockpit design is extremely dated and the blindspot is huge.

there are 2 things i like about them - the way they look and the way they sound. other than that, i'll even take even a GS-R over it anyday.

if you want to know more, IM RagingAngel on here, i believe he had one a long long time ago
Old 02-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Larkin W.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Larkin W. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you want to go through issues with an older car, at least get one worth the trouble. I'd buy a E30 M3 if I had the money for maintenance on them </TD></TR></TABLE>

QFTMT
Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 AM

Vw are not known for unrealiability, fact. quite the opposite, especially the older vr6 engines.

also i know a honda forum may be a little biased but being from the UK the corrados over here have 190hp standard compared to the US version slc 179hp.

i have a del sol at the moment and theres been nothing but trouble, from gearbox, slight rust to numerous electrical problems, especially that damn roof lol.

anyway having owned a few hondas i dont like the underpowered b16, 1.6 vti 160hp that i currently have (maybe teg will be miles better) it feels horribley slow, absolutely no torque, and if i have to rev the nuts of it all there is is more noise and more petrol getting used...thats it.

a vr6 on the other hand...just the noise is incredible
Old 02-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dubpolo1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">after watching this its more difficult..

http://vids.myspace.com/index....08083
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The beginning of the vid threw me off for a sec. I thought it was expo!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dubpolo1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Vw are not known for unrealiability</TD></TR></TABLE>

uhhhh
Old 02-21-2007, 09:40 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the E30 statement. Definately a sick car.

I've always loved the Corrados, I wanted a G60 for my first car. After researching their reliability, and maintenence issues, I swayed towards Hondas instead.

Just for fun, I've raced a VR6 Corrado before. He told me it had ported cylinder heads, headers, intake, full exhaust, higher compression ratio, and nice cams (I don't think he really knew the specifics). And I pulled about 2-3 cars on him through 3rd gear. I have basic bolt ons.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GO-FIGHT-KILL)

Some one post the Type R Legend video for him.

/thread

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GO-FIGHT-KILL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just for fun, I've raced a VR6 Corrado before. He told me it had ported cylinder heads, headers, intake, full exhaust, higher compression ratio, and nice cams (I don't think he really knew the specifics). And I pulled about 2-3 cars on him through 3rd gear. I have basic bolt ons. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn street racer. I've ran a supercharged one before and pulled about a car on him on top end. He kept on asking me how much I was spraying.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:10 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

^ Hahahaha, I caught the same question too.

"I thought you were spraying? Why did your car get so loud all of the sudden?"

Haha.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

Evians old Corrado G60 beat SleeperR's ITR through one of the WV (maybe VA) tunnels on the way to Expo 4.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

How extensively was the G60 modified? I know the stock superchargers aren't worth the metal they're made of. In stock form, the best I've seen one hit was mid-15s.

Modified by GO-FIGHT-KILL at 11:29 AM 2/21/2007
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dubpolo1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Vw are not known for unrealiability, fact. quite the opposite, especially the older vr6 engines.

also i know a honda forum may be a little biased but being from the UK the corrados over here have 190hp standard compared to the US version slc 179hp.

i have a del sol at the moment and theres been nothing but trouble, from gearbox, slight rust to numerous electrical problems, especially that damn roof lol.

anyway having owned a few hondas i dont like the underpowered b16, 1.6 vti 160hp that i currently have (maybe teg will be miles better) it feels horribley slow, absolutely no torque, and if i have to rev the nuts of it all there is is more noise and more petrol getting used...thats it.

a vr6 on the other hand...just the noise is incredible</TD></TR></TABLE>

The DelSlo is one of the worst Hondas in the past 15 years or so. Heavy, flexible chassis, etc. The powertrain was fine as it was your typical B-series (which is excellent). Rust has always been a problem on the 'EG' chassis, so that's no surprise.

A stock ITR will absolutely kill a B16 DelSlo in any kind of race.

VW's are reliable...are you joking about that? At least in the States VW is absolutely horrible as far as reliability is concerned.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i owned a gti vr6 pretty much the same car.

handling- the type R takes it hands down..

acceleration- the type r would kill it on the 1/4 mile but on the hwy it would be a pretty close race...

braking- i would say it would be a tie both are very good stoping cars

comfort- i would got to give it the GTI very easy to get in and out lots of space and A/C ahahahah

interior- GTI has much better interior then the type R

Gas- GTI gets around 9kms per litre type r gets around 12 per litre

preformance wise type R takes this hands down, for everyday driver i think GTI would be better pick.. i like the type R much more then my GTI both are very good made cars tho

Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The vr6 eats more gas than the R for sure. You want a rare car, R
Both are pretty dope, the corrado is fast, but ugly to me.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra type r VS Corrado vr6 (supra360)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by supra360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
braking- i would say it would be a tie both are very good stoping cars

interior- GTI has much better interior then the type R

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree with everything else you say except those 2 points. the ITR stops hard, repeatedly. on a track setting. i haven't had issues with fade with a simple pad/fluid upgrade. i don't think the same can be said for mkIII GTI/Corrados

and you've got to be kidding about mkIII interiors right the mkIV may have better interior materials (i had a 1.8T GTI) than DC integras but they're still very boring to look at (much less to drive )

Old 02-21-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Integra type r VS Corrado vr6 (fuko)

hey whats the type r legend video?

Old 02-21-2007, 01:45 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Integra type r VS Corrado vr6 (supra360)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by supra360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and A/C ahahahah</TD></TR></TABLE>

My Type-R has air conditioning.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man I've never even heard of that Corrado car. I had to look for a pic to see the kind of car it was. Definately get a Type R man. There's a reason why there are not that many out there and why the import world wants them so bad. Plus there are so many more things that you can do to Type Rs. Have you not seen that one video with the NSX type R, Gallardo, Murcielago, 911, etc... The NSX raped those cars around the turns. The only way they won was because the HP. That should tell you something about the Type Rs, that they are amazing handling machines
Old 02-21-2007, 02:03 PM

my 2001 ITR is an old car.. i cant imagine owning a car thats even OLDER 94-95 corrados?? esp a german car!

the R dominates it in everything
Old 02-21-2007, 02:06 PM

I would definately take the type R!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dubpolo1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Vw are not known for unrealiability, fact. quite the opposite, especially the older vr6 engines.

a vr6 on the other hand...just the noise is incredible</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well it seems you may have already made your choice. Here is the Type R Legend video.http://video.google.com/videop...hl=en

Quick Reply: Integra type r VS Corrado vr6