Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Importing an ITR, any one know legitamacy of JAPAN PARTNER IMPORTING???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Importing an ITR, any one know legitamacy of JAPAN-PARTNER.com IMPORTING???

Well guys Im seriously looking into importing an ITR, for a few reasons

there is a company @ Japan-partner.com

ANy of you guys know if this company is legit??

any one know how I can find out if an over seas company is legit??

Thanks in advance.

Modified by mikestypeRR at 7:16 PM 11/3/2008
Old 11-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Importing an ITR, any one know legitamacy of JAPAN-PARTNER.com IMPORTING??? (mikestypeRR)

Here is the problem with using them to ship your car.....Technically by law, you need to have a register importer here in the states bring your car in. Notice this comment in the FAQ's on that site

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Japan-partner.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Q: Do you sell vehicles to customers from USA?
We sell our cars only to those customers from USA that already had previous experience of importing japanese vehicles to USA and are aware of the whole procedure of its importing.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Having the car sent in without a registered US importer, is very iffy at best. These containers are x-rayed by homeland security and they can impound that car and crush it, without any compensation to you.

Now there are ways around this, but it isn't cheap. Most people are attracted to the cars by the low prices, but I can tell you there are a lot of other costs that will quickly jack up the price. I know of someone who imported an ITR for his personal collection and not to get it registered and ended up spending like 14k for the car, payment to contacts in japan, shipping, cantacts in US, etc.... And that car is not even registered in the US. So you do the math on these cars.....is it really worth it if you don't know what you are getting yourself into.

Additionally, the RHD factor might seem cool but unless you have an "in" somewhere, parts that will break can be hard to find and difficult to order. Or if you do find someone to get the parts for you, they may charge you a lot more than what it cost them!

I'm not talking down RHD or JDM cars, as I own one myself. I'm just saying that there is a lot more to it than most people even think about.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Importing an ITR, any one know legitamacy of JAPAN-PARTNER.com IMPORTING??? (EG6-DC2)

great info thank you
Old 11-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Importing an ITR, any one know legitamacy of JAPAN-PARTNER.com IMPORTING??? (mikestypeRR)

No problem, I would just hate to see someone walk into something that they will be getting in way over their head and possibly lose out on money.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Importing an ITR, any one know legitamacy of JAPAN-PARTNER.com IMPORTING??? (EG6-DC2)

i work at a warehouse, that does u.s. customs, freight inspection, and i have seen people import cars in containers, marked as personal effects. and they were checked by customs and then released and delivered to the owner... dont know how legit that is or the process... but they never impounded or seized them and two have been right hand drive. not hondas though... goodluck with your purchase
Old 12-04-2008, 04:15 PM

Default legit

well from alot of ma boys here at miami,fl say that the company japan partner

is an actual import service company. idk for personal view even though im lookin at a 2001 supra. but im guessing the cost is like 10+k. not eve saying if the inspection passes or not at the port
Old 12-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EG6-DC2

Having the car sent in without a registered US importer, is very iffy at best. These containers are x-rayed by homeland security and they can impound that car and crush it, without any compensation to you.
I can recall seeing 3 GTR's that this happened too recently.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in philly pa theres a place called jdm exchange a few weeks back the had to jdm type r for sale with paper work . id say look them up on the net
Old 12-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

try to find one state side where someone has gone thru the hassle for u..
Old 12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eg6-dc2
additionally, the rhd factor might seem cool but unless you have an "in" somewhere, parts that will break can be hard to find and difficult to order. Or if you do find someone to get the parts for you, they may charge you a lot more than what it cost them!

I'm not talking down rhd or jdm cars, as i own one myself. I'm just saying that there is a lot more to it than most people even think about.
x2.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I own a late model 97 Authentic Honda Integra Type R-t (Hid front, non ABS/SRS etc). I’m at the point in my life where I’m going to be moving to Los Angeles for college. I’m currently in the market for a R34 GTR v-spec so I’m still debating if I should have two projects going in two different states -lol! My Dc2-R is currently registered/insured and was shipped from the military years back. It sits in my garage collecting dust. Still have the original B18C/LSD (78,XXX) and a JDM K20A/LSD on the pallet (17,XXX)untouched and parts/etc. I’m still debating if I want to let her go or not- car is in great/decent shape (considering overseas).

But just keep me in mind as the month’s progress. I know the price range they sell for, but then again I also know the value in the true Honda enthusiast's heart it holds.