Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

GRAND PRIX DETRIOT

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BELLE ISLE DETROIT GRAND PRIX

This weekend. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on some VIP credentials, and may have to go up by myself to use them. Just curious if anyone will be attending. If I go solo I will have an extra set on hand.

Modified by heel_touge at 7:58 AM 8/26/2008
Old 08-26-2008, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BELLE ISLE DETROIT GRAND PRIX (heel_touge)

Indy car used to be interesting when it was challenging with other manufacturers.
It's great Honda stuck around but boring because ending up to be a spec series.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BELLE ISLE DETROIT GRAND PRIX (machgo5go)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by machgo5go &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Indy car used to be interesting when it was challenging with other manufacturers.
It's great Honda stuck around but boring because ending up to be a spec series.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Honda didn't get stuck around. They out performed Toyota consistently. Within a period of two years all the teams had moved to Honda. I understand your concerns about it being a spec series since everyone is running the same engine and chassis. However, it is still a challenging field. It is a drivers race IMO.

For those curious, here is a link for the Detroit GP:
http://detroitgp.com/
Old 08-26-2008, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BELLE ISLE DETROIT GRAND PRIX (machgo5go)

Im going primerily for the ALMS then going to catch some Speed world challenge.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ahhh... you guys are getting me excited for Sebring and that ish is in March...

ALMS FTW!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by heel_touge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im going primerily for the ALMS then going to catch some Speed world challenge.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is definitely an awesome weekend to go. Too bad I can't make and join the action with you Mark.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Very Emergency!!

I just returned from the Grand Prix of Sonoma IRL race, pretty impressive stuff, but too much "follow-the-leader" and not enough passing. The technology and the sound that these car's make are down right incredible.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BELLE ISLE DETROIT GRAND PRIX (emotionisdead)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by heel_touge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This weekend. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on some VIP credentials, and may have to go up by myself to use them. Just curious if anyone will be attending. If I go solo I will have an extra set on hand.
Modified by heel_touge at 7:58 AM 8/26/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will be there from Thursday to Sunday working on one of the Andretti Green IRL cars. If you want to meet up or something shoot me a PM. If your in the paddock/garage area maybe I can give you a closer view of the cars.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by emotionisdead &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just returned from the Grand Prix of Sonoma IRL race, pretty impressive stuff, but too much "follow-the-leader" and not enough passing. The technology and the sound that these car's make are down right incredible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sonoma was definitely a follow the leader race but that is the type of track Infineon is, thus why you saw so many teams trying different pit sequences.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BELLE ISLE DETROIT GRAND PRIX (Swell_Ryder)

Wanted to go this year, but decided to go spend the weekend on my parents boat back in the homeland.. Have fun...

&lt;-Missed last year too... Pretty weak since I could walk there..
Old 08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Very Emergency!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Swell_Ryder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sonoma was definitely a follow the leader race but that is the type of track Infineon is, thus why you saw so many teams trying different pit sequences.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Even Penske had different pit stratagies between Briscoe and Castroneves. Briscoe, Patrick, and Kanaan didn't pit on the first yellow, like Castroneves, Wheldon, and Dixon did. It actually paid off for Kanaan and Patrick. Castroneves was just too damn fast.

It's a bum deal that Marco and Scott Dixon didn't do better, oh well, with 3 races left, it'll be interesting to see the race for the cahmpionship
Old 08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Swell_Ryder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I will be there from Thursday to Sunday working on one of the Andretti Green IRL cars. If you want to meet up or something shoot me a PM. If your in the paddock/garage area maybe I can give you a closer view of the cars.

Sonoma was definitely a follow the leader race but that is the type of track Infineon is, thus why you saw so many teams trying different pit sequences.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Figured youd prolly be up there. Best job ever!

Marky Mark, does that mean ure not gonna make it to the time attack event around Dayton on Sunday? I was plannin on making the trip so i could see the new digs.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BELLE ISLE DETROIT GRAND PRIX (canuckr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by canuckr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wanted to go this year, but decided to go spend the weekend on my parents boat back in the homeland.. Have fun...

&lt;-Missed last year too... Pretty weak since I could walk there..</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^super WEaK<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KetteringITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Figured youd prolly be up there. Best job ever!

Marky Mark, does that mean ure not gonna make it to the time attack event around Dayton on Sunday? I was plannin on making the trip so i could see the new digs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I had planned on it but this is an opportunity I cannot pass up, especially when Im at the point in my life where Im ready to start a career somewhere in the automotive industry. who knows what could happen. Its funny, I never honestly say, "best time of my life" but i do it after every driving event. After Import alliance, i had made the decision that I need to be in the industry, somewhere anywhere (except turning wrenches). Its what will make me truly happy.

then some random customer walks in the door and Im attending the detriotgp. I can only hope this is the beginning of a good turn of events for me.

or, I go back to work managing a print shop. hahaha

I actually sent my resume to skunk2 and they contacted me , I told them I dont mind moving if "the opportunity presents itself". I have yet to hear back.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by heel_touge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

^^^super WEaK

I had planned on it but this is an opportunity I cannot pass up, especially when Im at the point in my life where Im ready to start a career somewhere in the automotive industry. who knows what could happen. Its funny, I never honestly say, "best time of my life" but i do it after every driving event. After Import alliance, i had made the decision that I need to be in the industry, somewhere anywhere (except turning wrenches). Its what will make me truly happy.

then some random customer walks in the door and Im attending the detriotgp. I can only hope this is the beginning of a good turn of events for me.

or, I go back to work managing a print shop. hahaha

I actually sent my resume to skunk2 and they contacted me , I told them I dont mind moving if "the opportunity presents itself". I have yet to hear back. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice work Mark. I graduate this december and have been looking around at getting into the IRL/ALMS industry as an engineer and have been doin a lot of research and talking with people. I updated my resume last week and sent it to a few people so once i got some more feedback, im gonna send it to several teams. Hopefully, i get some bites. God knows it would be a dream job for me.

Keep me posted on your status mang. You lookin to do promotional stuff or whats up?