Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

00-0016 Restoration Begins

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 01:16 PM
Beard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 00-0016 Restoration Begins

Hood is on. Fitment is about on average and cant complain. Lip fits well for a sub-300 dollar piece that I consider a wear item almost.

pics because you asked! The lip is NOT MOUNTED. Im just test fitting it using my patent pending method.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rguy
Hood is on. Fitment is about on average and cant complain. Lip fits well for a sub-300 dollar piece that I consider a wear item almost.

pics because you asked! The lip is NOT MOUNTED. Im just test fitting it using my patent pending method.

You sir, are a gentleman.

How does the carbon weave look and all that ****? I am going to pull the trigger on one as well since I just found out my Seibon lip is about 16 weeks out, which is ridiculous. If I can save even a bit more and still have a nice piece that I too see as a wear item, I'm game.

Love the cushon idea.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

She looks great bro!
Old 03-28-2018, 07:01 PM
Beard

Originally Posted by EmeraldTuning
You sir, are a gentleman.

How does the carbon weave look and all that ****? I am going to pull the trigger on one as well since I just found out my Seibon lip is about 16 weeks out, which is ridiculous. If I can save even a bit more and still have a nice piece that I too see as a wear item, I'm game.

Love the cushon idea.
Thanks! The weave is actually very decent. Its "bunched" in a few curves and such, but im very satisfied. Im not going to cringe when this thing hits the curbs and whatnot like I would with a Spoon or Seibon lip.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rguy
Thanks! The weave is actually very decent. Its "bunched" in a few curves and such, but im very satisfied. Im not going to cringe when this thing hits the curbs and whatnot like I would with a Spoon or Seibon lip.

Ordered mine today. Can't wait to get it on. My front end needs a lip so bad.

Also ordered suspension....oh boy....
Old 03-30-2018, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're going to "restore" an R, the best way to do it is with either oem or quality parts.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dave7
If you're going to "restore" an R, the best way to do it is with either oem or quality parts.

How does one define quality? Are you the arbiter of that?

We all make a value judgement, when it comes to spending our money. I appreciate you taking the time to comment, but I don't find it particularly constructive in this instance.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EmeraldTuning
How does one define quality? Are you the arbiter of that?
Exactly. While OEM is very good and I generally run with it myself, in a few areas you can improve on stock. More adjustability etc. So long as you avoid the five quid eBay unbranded "upgrades" made from the finest chinesium and go with well regarded names like Spoon, Mugen, etc and a host of smaller outfits that do quality work you can't go wrong. Good call on the Meister R's
Old 04-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ****
Exactly. While OEM is very good and I generally run with it myself, in a few areas you can improve on stock. More adjustability etc. So long as you avoid the five quid eBay unbranded "upgrades" made from the finest chinesium and go with well regarded names like Spoon, Mugen, etc and a host of smaller outfits that do quality work you can't go wrong. Good call on the Meister R's
Very much looking forward to giving them a go. Thanks again for the insight on them

Lip will be there tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apropos of **** all really ET, but I was going through my maintenance and the like receipts I've kept since I got my R in 2005 and found I installed those coilovers on the 10th of September 2010. Seven plus years on and 50,000 miles, often on roads that NASA could have tested the Apollo Moon buggy on and they're still working the way they promised. No doubt they've lost something in the interim, but whatever loss there is is consistent across the four corners. Over here in Ireland we have an annual NCT(National Car Test. They were inventive that day...) and among other things it measures suspension travel and the left/right readings have remained almost exactly the same in the seven tests the car's been through. That's pretty impressive for coilovers, which can be fantastic setups, but not generally known for longevity compared to stock.

The longevity is one big reason I've recommended them to people on the interwebs and in Real Life™. That and the fantastic customer service(which I haven't needed). Maybe I should chance my arm and ask the Jerrick lad for a bit of a discount on the next set, only problem being I don't bloody need a new set. Crap!

Caught your latest Youtube about fitting the lip. Looking good. The rust in your arches looks pretty minor and being in Arizona really helps, unlike in my country shaped sponge*. Maybe another project of sorts might be to look into the various parts of your car to check for the tin worm and apply some anti rust wax? The wax is cheap and it's pretty much the time and effort to remove the rear interior panels to check and it's an easy job. Because the actual wheelarch lips look pretty solid, the rust you have in the arches might be coming from the inside out because of leaking rear light seals? A very common problem on these and it's down to the design and Honda light gaskets. They're very thin even when new and after nearly two decades the originals will be pretty crap. I'd not buy new Honda ones though. They're silly money IMHO(I'm cheap) and there's a company in Hawaii IIRC? that sells the same pattern but made from much thicker neoprene. Works a treat.

One big rust point with these and about the biggest pain in the you know what is the bottom of the rear quarter panels. This thread on the UK R forum gives a good idea of what to look for.

*There's a reason you find redheads in my part of the world. Even hair rusts.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can any of you lovely gentlemen measure your ride height, from the middle of the centercap? I am trying to dial in the rear as the new suspension is in. Trying to get a measurement for stock, so I can work from there. I forgot to measure before removing the stock set up. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2019, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

What happened to this car and the YouTube videos?
Old 07-13-2019, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by stin1
What happened to this car and the YouTube videos?
He sold the car