Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp*****

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp*****

ok here is my problem i got a 98 GSR with 60k miles on it, but it runs like ****.
here are the list of upgrades i've done to it

Areospeed exhaust
Long Ram cold air intake
Fuel Presure regulator
new radiator
racing 4-2-1- headers
new headgasket
new valve cover gasket
fresh oil change
advanced the timing 2 degress

i have all of this, iam istill getting whooped by stock b16's and stock gsr's.
It seams like when i first got it stock, i was much faster as i used to walk all over civic si's.

What has happened. i took it to a mechanic and he says it runs fine. do you think i need to take it to get tuned with like urbedata or hondata.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (fabe85)

Do a full tuneup, recheck your timing.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (fabe85)

have you actually dont any fuel tuning, or did you just put those parts on?....sounds like you need to do some fuel tuning!
Old 11-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (sabotage7)

don't know how your gettin beat by those weak *** cars.......
its either your timing or your launching wrong....
Old 11-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (LsvtecBoi408)

Your leggo building. You need to understand how an engine works and how to increase performance. Parts work together as a system when sized properly. Please do some research.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (furious94ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by furious94ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your leggo building. You need to understand how an engine works and how to increase performance. Parts work together as a system when sized properly. Please do some research.
[]</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, exactally. You just thow **** on there assuming that each part will gain hp. Which is incorrect. You have to do research, in fact why did you do a fuel press. regulator? This could be half of your problem. whats your fuel pressure set at?
Old 11-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (cjohnson_2)

What exactly is making you believe it is running like ****? I was expecting for you to say it was bogging or something, but your reasoning is that you're getting beat by other cars. Your car could be fine and it could be taht you can't drive it. You gave no real symptoms of anything actually being wrong with the car.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (BLacK FirE)

there was no reason to advance your timing either..... probably ran alot better before.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (BLacK FirE)

I know iam driving fine, because i drove my friends si and he drove my car and i walked all over my car. and people have told me my car dosent pull like a gsr.
My fuel pessure is set at 42 psi. Also i think i will go turbo.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fabe85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It seams like when i first got it stock, i was much faster as i used to walk all over civic si's.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a horrible way to judge how your car is running

I think it is the fuel pressure regulator. To be honest I dont even know why you have it. Does it run like ****? OR is your car just slow compared to other cars?
Old 11-27-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (BlackSage)

ok so you say i should remove the fuel regulator. also yes i compare my car to how its running to stock cars such as gsr's, si's and ser's
Old 11-27-2004, 04:59 PM

id go back to stock and see where that lands you.

Why did you replace the headgasket, that may be the culprit right there.

Yes, engines should be built as a system, but when you have such mild bolt ons, the Lego-theory doesnt really hold an incredible amount of water. Good 'ol MD is right, but hes barely modded.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (sabotage7)

u probably cant drive? u need to work on ur launch and driving skills
Old 11-27-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (milton)

getting parts and just slapping them on doesnt necesarrily make u go faster unless its tuned properly
Old 11-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (Kn1ves)

so now you set your fuel pressure higher than what it calls out for on a stock GSR? why? turn it back down to between 38-40psi. that 2 psi dosent seem like much but could very well be your problem.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (cjohnson_2)

60k miles, you need a normal tune up. Also get rid of the FPR unless you have done internal mods in order to need that. Correct me if im wrong but shouldnt the fuel pressure be about 50psi?
Old 11-27-2004, 07:19 PM

Put your timing back to stock, either remove or set your fpr to stock, what brand header do you have, some brands actually lose power. I would go with a short ram rather than cold air but thats just me. Are you leaking anything? Tire pressure? Exhaust leak will hinder alot of performance as well.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (furious94ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by furious94ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your leggo building. You need to understand how an engine works and how to increase performance. Parts work together as a system when sized properly. Please do some research.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

what he said plus get some real i/h/e...
Old 11-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fabe85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know iam driving fine, because i drove my friends si and he drove my car and i walked all over my car. and people have told me my car dosent pull like a gsr.
My fuel pessure is set at 42 psi. Also i think i will go turbo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is no helping you until you help yourself. Do some research on this site and other sites. Set a goal for your car, price, power, powerband. Then decide what is the best way to get there NA, Turbo, Supercharge.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ditch the 4-2-1 for a 4-1 unit and bump that timing up to 18degrees btdc. also do a complete tune up. plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter. check that your cat isnt clogged too.

the best bet would be to find a dyno and get a couple pulls with the wideband on there. that woudl give the best hint as to whats going on.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (jdmotorsports)

haha guy talks about headers, and advancing his timing to a stock built motor haha, turbo its not your answer dude. Its a book, read your manual for starters.. you do not need to improve your fuel pressure on a stock motor, aswell as headers? why do you need an extra one in there haha joking..

I walked all over GSR's with my LS with bolt on's, doesnt mean ****. Take it to the track, or bring it for a routine checkup..
Old 11-28-2004, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp***** (Mulldog)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mulldog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha guy talks about headers, and advancing his timing to a stock built motor haha, turbo its not your answer dude. Its a book, read your manual for starters.. you do not need to improve your fuel pressure on a stock motor, aswell as headers? why do you need an extra one in there haha joking..</TD></TR></TABLE>

i made 8 extra hp and 3lb/ft of torque on a 100% stock B16A just by advancing timing 3 degrees, decreasing fuel pressure to 35psi, and adjusting the spark plug gap. the only aftermarket part on that engine was the B&M FPR.

just get your car dyno tuned, there's really no way to tell how well its running just by racing other cars and using your butt dyno.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fabe85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok here is my problem i got a 98 GSR with 60k miles on it, but it runs like ****.
here are the list of upgrades i've done to it

Areospeed exhaust
Long Ram cold air intake
Fuel Presure regulator
new radiator
racing 4-2-1- headers
new headgasket
new valve cover gasket
fresh oil change
advanced the timing 2 degress

What has happened. i took it to a mechanic and he says it runs fine. do you think i need to take it to get tuned with like urbedata or hondata.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off what the hell is a Long Ram CAI. 2nd what the hell is Racing 4-2-1 headers. And why the hell would you advance your timing 2 gegrees without knowing for sure if it's making power. A don't know anyone who just advances timing without being on a dyno to know for sure if its helping. Im surprized you're not getting whooped by Stock SOHC Vtec cars.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:17 AM

you dont have the best mod....

driver mod
Old 11-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fabe85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and people have told me my car dosent pull like a gsr.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whoever told you that is retarded, a GSR doesn't pull w/o a turbo

Quick Reply: Yo wha the hell is wrong with my GSR. **** PlEaSe HeLp*****