Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

would some cheesy coil and full set of kyb gr 2 works?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would some cheesy coil and full set of kyb gr 2 works?

i was just wondering if some coilover( it came with the car i just bough) and some gr2 front/ rear struts ride nice?
i mean the car right now is too bouncy b/c it has stock strust with some coil... im on a budget right now so whatever cheap and fix things up would be nice... i mean it doesnt have to be comfortable but it at least have to be stiff.. ty.

by the way i have a 91 integra
Old 07-08-2004, 06:06 AM

Default Re: would some cheesy coil and full set of kyb gr 2 works? (dork)

The GR2's probably wont be that much of an improvement. They are similar to OEM shocks in terms of their design. You would be much better off if you got some AGX's instead. They are a little more expensive, but they will last longer and ride smoother.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:35 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dork &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i mean the car right now is too bouncy b/c it has stock strust with some coil... </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dork &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i mean it doesnt have to be comfortable but it at least have to be stiff..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Isn't it that when your suspension is stiff, your ride will be bouncy? Think of it this way, every time you hit a bump, instead of your wheel coming up on the shock and/or coil, it stays stiff, raising the whole car. This causes the "bumpy" ride and the gut check from the seat belt. I'm running on no-name coilovers and GR-2's, and its still bouncy. I love the handling and everything, but you can feel all of the bumps. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying is kind of contradicting. I'm not sure though, that's just my speculation on how all that stuff works.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:39 AM

Default Re: would some cheesy coil and full set of kyb gr 2 works? (RidinStock)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RidinStock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Isn't it that when your suspension is stiff, your ride will be bouncy? Think of it this way, every time you hit a bump, instead of your wheel coming up on the shock and/or coil, it stays stiff, raising the whole car. This causes the "bumpy" ride and the gut check from the seat belt. I'm running on no-name coilovers and GR-2's, and its still bouncy. I love the handling and everything, but you can feel all of the bumps. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying is kind of contradicting. I'm not sure though, that's just my speculation on how all that stuff works. </TD></TR></TABLE>

not really, you have spring's on your car, and what does spring mean when you hear it? BOUNCY.. so if you have springs on yoru car, and no shock's to add absorption, then your *** is bouncing everywhere. thats why on some hack job's on sport suspensions, you see them going down the street and the trunk/*** end is going up and down everytime, while a good suspension setup or stock car isnt.

so if you have blown shocks, your ride will be bouncy, trust me, my mother has a truck that's an 88 and still has OEM shocks on it, blew out of course, she just hit 100,000 miles last week too but that **** is bouncy.

also if your suspension is too tight, then you will have bouncyness (even a word?) too. and im not sure what causes this, maybe the play in ur tire's? like rubber bounces too... idk lol

but you get my drift
Old 07-08-2004, 08:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dork &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was just wondering if some coilover( it came with the car i just bough) and some gr2 front/ rear struts ride nice?
i mean the car right now is too bouncy b/c it has stock strust with some coil... im on a budget right now so whatever cheap and fix things up would be nice... i mean it doesnt have to be comfortable but it at least have to be stiff.. ty.

by the way i have a 91 integra </TD></TR></TABLE>

gr2's are oem replacements and cant handle low applications. there mostly used for SUSPENSION OVERHAULING.

you can get some agx's as i was going to when i was building up my suspension, but i found out for us (the DA club ) that they only make the front's for our car.
and someone told me that we could use the civic rear struts or something like that for the REAR shocks, but i thought, if they didnt make it for my car, im not putting it on, not risking my *** just to have a rear set, i'll find another company.

which brought me to illumina's. at 369 shipped brand new, cant go wrong. i love them in every way possible.

and i have a DA incase you didnt notice, a 91 to be exact, and this is what i was left with..

Old 07-08-2004, 01:57 PM

Default Re: would some cheesy coil and full set of kyb gr 2 works? (..::91TEG-G2::..)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ..::91TEG-G2::.. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which brought me to illumina's. at 369 shipped brand new, cant go wrong. i love them in every way possible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish I would have went for that option... but it was two days before a show and I didn't want to lower on stock shocks. Thanks for clearing that up for me, I wasn't exactly sure how the suspension worked. I just noticed that my ride has been a little bouncier since my upgrade.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: would some cheesy coil and full set of kyb gr 2 works? (RidinStock)

nice ride... not the rims but i like the DA... love the body style