Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Wiring 99' Civc Si radio into 94' Integra.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring 99' Civc Si radio into 94' Integra.

So, as the title says, I just bought a 99 Si radio to put into my 94' Teg. I bought the new factory plug from Best Buy so that I could plug in my new radio.

I thought it would be a simple install like all aftermarket radio's seem to be. Boy was I wrong. The factory plug from BB had the normal colored wires that you tend to see for aftermarket plugs. But my Integra had just about every color under the rainbow for wiring. After I cut the old plug out, I noticed that this was going to be a fun evening of cursing and punching the steering wheel.

I got to the point where I found a diagram on the back of my old radio listing what each plug for the wiring was. I hooked up all the speakers first, then the ground, and then I got lost. The radio really didn't specifically say what was constant power and what was accessory. I also couldn't find the dimmer wire either.

I wired the red power wire to a white/blue wire in the dash harness. I wired the yellow accesory wire to a yellow/red. I then had the orange dimmer wire and a stray wire left in the harness. So I put them together. I got the light for the anti-theft to come on, but nothing else. And this was only after I turned the key to the on position.

I took the wiring all apart, as I was getting very angry at this point. Took the radio and tried ground to ground and red to positive on the battery. Nothing. WTF? Pissed even more, I took the yellow accessory wire and still nothing. So, I put both the yellow and red on the positive battery post and BAM. I got it to come on.

So I got the red and yellow wires together and put them on the only wire that I could find that had a power source. It was yellow/red wire from harness. That was only when the key was on though.

So, long story short, is there a constant power wire in the factory dash harness? Also, this morning when I turned the car on the radio had reset itself and I had to type in my code. Plus my dash clock doesn't turn on right now either. Can't figure this out.

Please help me figure this out. Pain in the ***.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there's also an issue because there is no wiring inside the Si radio for a power antenna (wasn't designed), so that won't work. Most aftermarket radio's have them as an option when the tuner is used, but i never used that particular wire when wiring up the aftermarket radio.

Can you just buy an integra wiring harness and a civic wiring harness and do it that way?
Old 09-16-2005, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the manuals for BOTH.

start splicing wires / plugs.

all radios are essentially the same. Just the way they are connected is different, they all have +/- for each speaker, all require gnd, all require constant 12v and all require ign switched 12v. The rest is all gizmos and stuff for lighting and special crap.

To get the power antenna to work you'll need a relay.

Old 09-16-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: (crx_88_si)

Not worried about the power antenna, as I have a S2000 one.

I just can't find a constant power source on any of the wires like there should be. I can only get power to one the wires with the key turned on.

I thought that there should be a constant power wire. Help me if I'm wrong.

All the speakers work correctly. Need to find diagram for 94-97 Integra Radio wiring.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: (DarkTeg94)

you have a fuse blown, check in the driver kick AND under the hood, there is a back up radio fuse there...
Old 09-16-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: (DAantagonist)

I need to know it there is a constant power wire on the 94 Integra for the radio.

Radio comes on and works when key is on, but when turned off there is no wire that has a power source.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: (DarkTeg94)

Radio 12v white/blue + radio
Radio Ground black - radio
Radio Ignition yellow/red + radio
Radio Illumination red/black + radio
Factory Amp Turn-on
Power Antenna yellow/green + radio
LF Speaker +/- blu/grn - gry/blk radio
RF Speaker +/- red/grn - brn/blk radio
LR Speaker +/- blu/yel - gry/wht radio
RR Speaker +/- red/yel - brn/wht radio
Old 09-16-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: (DAantagonist)

I have the same set up (99SI deck in a 98integ)

I bought the harness that goes into the SI deck and a harness for an aftermarket deck to fit into the integra. I took those two plugs and spliced them together. On the bag themselves where the plugs came in, it had a diagram detailing which color does what. Basically, like this.......

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DAantagonist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Radio 12v white/blue + radio
Radio Ground black - radio
Radio Ignition yellow/red + radio
Radio Illumination red/black + radio
Factory Amp Turn-on
Power Antenna yellow/green + radio
LF Speaker +/- blu/grn - gry/blk radio
RF Speaker +/- red/grn - brn/blk radio
LR Speaker +/- blu/yel - gry/wht radio
RR Speaker +/- red/yel - brn/wht radio
</TD></TR></TABLE>

By going this way, i can now remove the SI deck by unplugging the harnesses, and therefore making it easy to reinstall the stock deck whenever.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wiring 99' Civc Si radio into 94' Integra. (DarkTeg94)

why don't you just get a honda harness for the teg and a reverse harness for the si radio. it'd be just like installing a new radio and the colors match up. i've done it a thousand times.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wiring 99' Civc Si radio into 94' Integra. (ekay.ian)

unless of course the factory harness in your car is cut, then you'd pretty much have to test it or ^^^ find somebody that already knows the wire color codes.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Wiring 99' Civc Si radio into 94' Integra. (ekay.ian)

Thats basically how i did mines.