Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR
View Poll Results: Would you have done this?
Yes I would have done the same thing
48.39%
may not be the right way to fix it, but I would have tried it.
19.35%
No, I would have just replaced the whole axle
22.58%
Wow I never thought of that
12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Who would have done this? **NEW QUESTION ASKED ON SECOND PAGE!!**

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who would have done this?

Originally Posted by hollums2k
use napa or honda parts
but DON'T listen to the napa parts guy when he recommends dexcool for your integra!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dexcool?....isnt that only for GM vehicles?...lol why would anyone even suggest that for a honda?..nahh i have never been a big fan of Napa

**NEWW** cause i know how alot of you hardcore honda tech guys hate having people have multiple threads open so i just added to this one.

Ok this guy has a gsr swap for sale, and he is having trouble getting rid of it and i asked if after so long he would start to part it out...and i was wondering...what should i offer..i am looking to get the head and ECU and Intake...because correct me if i am wrong but my LS intake wont work on the gsr head right?...and is it even worth doing if i am still gonna have the LS tranny?

Last edited by Tegraracer90; 10-11-2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who would have done this? **NEW QUESTION ASKED ON SECOND PAGE!!**

As for the not being able to get the sticker; that's BS. I'm sure the inspection place is lining the shop's/machanic's pocket and vie versa if they specifically sent you over there and they want to change the axle. I would have just replaced the axle... because I'm lazy and don't feel like fooling with grease and a re-boot kit. It only takes about 5-10 minutes to change the axle with basic hand tools and if you do it right you won't even put a drop of diff fluid on the ground. The AutoZone axles; never had a problem with them, but then again I've never broken an axle because I now how to drive, and I also beat the **** out of my car(s). I've replaced them when boots tear, because like I said, I'm too lazy to get all dirty with grease lolFor the GSR swap..... What you're looking to do is make your LS into an "LS/VTEC". It can be done with only headbolts (B18C) and a new VTEC headgasket, but don't expect it to hold up very long.Things the GSR has that the LS doesn'til squirtersbeefier rodsbetter rod boltsblock girdle-among a couple other things.The LS won't rev as high as a GSR safely. If you cannot rev as high, you're not going to make all the power a GSR has. And for an LS/VTEC, you're deffinately going to need tuning.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

he is selling the whole swap for 1800...i was thinking of doing it...but i am in one of those situations where i am not sure if i really even wanna keep the integra long enough to make it worth my while...its rusting pretty fast
Old 10-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tegraracer90
he is selling the whole swap for 1800...i was thinking of doing it...but i am in one of those situations where i am not sure if i really even wanna keep the integra long enough to make it worth my while...its rusting pretty fast
where are you? someone in MD has a whole GS-R for sale for that price.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tegraracer90
dexcool?....isnt that only for GM vehicles?...lol why would anyone even suggest that for a honda?..nahh i have never been a big fan of Napa
yes, you're right, but if you go into NAPA and ask him for antifreeze his computer tells him that integras take dexcool.