Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Steering Issue After Re-install

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Steering Issue After Re-install

I'll post this in my build thread too, but i thought i may get more help if i post it outside of my build thread. As part of my rebuild, i decided to put power steering back into the car. At one point during the rebuild, i had to drop the subframe to access something at the back of the motor so the subframe and the steering rack came out of the car completely during the build. i threw the rack back in and hooked up all of the power steering items. This past weekend when i first fired the car back up and let it run, i added power steering fluid to the reservoir until it wouldnt take anymore. i assumed this meant the pump was working since the reservoir level kept dropping. i turned the wheel to get some fluid circulating and it sounds real bad. Like, i can feel each tooth of the gear the rack is sliding back and forth on. Also, the steering wheel doesnt come back to me. its still operating as if it was a manual rack. The power steering pump does pump fluid to the rack, right? im not sure why i am getting this noise. i took a quick video with the car off to show the sound. you may have to turn up your speakers a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42OXUfxLPxk