Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

starter cutoff bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter cutoff bypass?

Does any one know if i bypass main relay and just hardwire fuel pump and starter will car run reason i ask is i bought a crx bare shell no wires nothing threw a boosted darton b series in it had a dc teg parts car took all the wires from it and put into my rex starter wont turn with ignition switch but ecu and everything else apears to get power when switch is in on possition this is a caged car that will never see the street i just want to know if i can bypass starter cut off relay and run engine i got a week before race season opens
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: starter cutoff bypass?

You can not bypass the PGM-FI Main Relay, it contains both the fuel injector relay and the fuel pump relay and although you can bypass the fuel pump relay as it only powers the fuel pump, the fuel injector powers not only the fuel injectors but also IGP1&2 to the ECU/ECM and some engine valve/solenoid/sensors.

The "starter cut off" relay can be bypassed, the starter output lead from the ign. switch can be wired directly to the starter motor solenoid for it to work, however, check NHRA regulations on CIS, [clutch interlock switch] requirements, not sure if it is needed on a non street car.
If it is required, you will have to leave the starter relay in place, the security starter cut relay can be removed. 94