Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Simple fan jumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Icon3 Simple fan jumper

I have had some issue with the cooling fan. The last couple of years, when I turned the engine off, you could never know if the fan would come on. Some times when it was cold outside, the fan would run. Sometimes if it were hot outside the fan wouldn't run. It finally quit altogether, not running at all.

The diagnostic for the fan timer included grounding the blue/red wire and the positive result would be that the fan runs.

This does mean the condenser fan relay is good.

I know that one or more of the sensors is bad. Most likely the one down by the oil filter. It's very hard to get to and eventually I'll test/replace it.

For now, I stripped a half inch of insulation off the blue/red wire just before the plug that connects the fan timer and soldered a wire there that goes to a toggle and then to the body ground. Not much wire and it's already inside so I won't need to go thru the firewall. All this does is ground the fan relay. It's also a good idea to remove the passenger side kick plate to get in there.

I'm posting this because I've read lots of ways people are jumping the fans, and this seems like a pretty simple way, but the relays and other wiring must be good too.

..I'll add that both fans did run when the AC is on, so I knew they worked.

Comments welcome.

Last edited by 1990IntegraLS; 03-28-2015 at 08:02 AM.