Default Re: Rebuilding my stolen DC

gl on build interested in seeing how it turns out
Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSkoolDa91
**** you're just putting it in. thats the easy part lol
haha I had some issues but it's in now!!

Originally Posted by jdmeg6118
Nice build im in oh and good choice on useing oem parts!
Yea I've found it's more expensive but it's not worth the headache when other stuff doesnt fit...

Originally Posted by dc2LS
NICE build so far keep us updated
Thanks will do

Originally Posted by fredo-dc4
Good progress so far
Thanks man

Originally Posted by honda_90
sad that your teg got stolen but looks like its coming back better then before!
Thanks, not sure if it's going to be that clean but hopefully more fun to drive!

Originally Posted by lsturbo33
Build is looking good and it's nice that your doing it right and paying attention to detail. I'm assuming your going obd1 when you tune. If so you don't need any of the evap system and it won't throw a code with obd1.
Yea I'll be doing OBDI. The only reason I grabbed the evap valve is because I'm going to be running my OBDII ecu for startup and getting it running properly/for inspection. I haven't bought my other ecu yet.

Originally Posted by Doggychow116
i truely feel your pain man i really do, my 95dc was stolen and recovered i just got lucky that for some reason they couldn't get my motor out when my car was stolen but it was all stock. Besides the bolt on stuff that were on my dc when it was stolen. but ive prevailed and now i have the last few touches on my all motor beast . ive been reading your posts for months and i am happy to see that when some people tell us to just get ur insurance check and move on and take it as a loss you just dont. something inside of us just tell us when we get knocked back or down to get up and do it bigger and better . good build man and just remember slow n steady just to hear her roar!
Thanks man, it was hard to just get rid of it cause I like Hondas and integras in general. After thinking about what I'd buy I realized I'd probably end up with another Integra since they are in my price range and I just like them. Plus I've owned that thing for about 8 years now and just wanted to have it built, hopefully I'll finally get there after all this time

Originally Posted by 4dred6
just went thru the whole thread and its awesome. i don't know what i would do if my car would get stolen.GL on build.
Thanks man hopefully you won't have to worry about it

Originally Posted by jhines1211
gl on build interested in seeing how it turns out
Thanks me too
Old 01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I got a little bit of work done. I ended up pulling the small piece that hooks into the tranny on the linkage off my oem linkage and putting it on the avid linkage. Oem is stronger metal and less play. I was able to press the pin in the hole with a vice to get it started and hit it with a hammer a few times to finish it off.

Much better

Of course I went to put my exhaust back on and ran into a problem... It made me finally break the welder out though, I'll get that flange cut and welded this weekend, then hopefully tie up loose ends so I can try to start it soon.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice i used my welder on my exhaust for the da the other night. its so nice having a legit exhaust on again! lol
Old 01-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea one of my biggest pet peves is smelling exhaust fumes while I drive, it kills the enjoyment for me. I'm throwing around the idea of running a high flow cat on the setup like my previous one...
Old 01-07-2011, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Well I'm a latecomer to this one. Sucks about the car being stolen but it's looking like it's coming together real nice.

Man wish I had seen what happened earlier with the heater core. I did the same thing to mine when I pulled my motor out. When I drove it, coolant leaked all over the inside of the car, so I ended up getting another core and going through the pain of pulling the dash, A/C, etc. etc. Huge PITA.

Well, when replacing the heater hoses on my wife's Corolla, I ALMOST did the same thing. Actually did crush the heater core pipes slightly. But then I got the bright idea of using needle-nose pliers, sticking them in the end of the pipe, and twisting them around. That spread the pipes back out and got them round enough that they sealed up perfectly with the new hoses.

I kept my old heater core around in hopes of getting it repaired, so I tried the same trick on that one, and whalaaaa! My old heater core's pipes are nearly perfectly round again! I wish I had some way of testing it for leaks before trying to sell it, though.

Just a suggestion in case you ever run into that issue again. Those dang pipes are sooo soft, and it's nearly impossible to get old hoses off without crushing them at least somewhat.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks. I'm not going to lie, when I remove those hoses from the heater core it was freezing, I was outside, hungry and about an hour from my place. Needless to say I just took some channel locks and ripped the end of the pipe off. I should have taken a utility knife and slit the hose and unwrapped it. I was also lacking decent tools... I figured that's one thing I didn't mind replacing since it had 160000 miles on it. Plus like yourself I didn't have any way of testing the original before i installed it if I were to try to rebend it. Learn something every day
Old 01-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

yeah I was praying the Corolla's brand new hoses didn't leak on that heater core, because I sure as hell didn't want to go through that whole exercise again on that car. Thanks goodness they sealed up perfectly, though. New hoses, original clamps, and original heater core with "repaired" pipes lol.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm still running the heater core in my integra that i completely crushed the pipes on years ago. i used the needle nose pliers trick along with some screwdrivers and whatever else i could find that was round and was a tight fit inside the pipe. havent had any problems since i did it.

and yeah chris i know exactly what you mean about exhaust fumes. this is why i got rid of my one crx a while back. it was rusted so bad in the back of the car that even with a full exhaust that was completely sealed up, the fumes still came back in through the rear 1/4 where it was rusted. and a high flow cat on a boosted setup never hurt anything
Old 01-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey I have a high flow cat for sale! I used it for 844miles, pm me if you are interested we'll work something out on it. its an ebay brand but served its purpose on my teg just fine.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll have to let you know about the cat, I'm kind of on the fence about it.

I got a little bit done today then got distracted the rest of the day... Basically I got the welder set up and fitted and got the cat flange half welded. A good start for tomorrow?

Before

Got the old metal blade on...

Flange mounted

Cat tacked to the flange and bolted to the rest of the exhaust

Hopefully I can get it completely welded tomorrow and get the exhaust on for good/until it's inspected
Old 01-09-2011, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got an Apexi muffler and eibach shocks if you need any of it your welcome too it I hate to see people's stuff get stolen word of advice when you rebuild it this time get a ravelco and spend the 500 bucks on lowjack.

I need a factory air box if you know anyone who has one.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man, I should be good for the shocks and muffler but appreciate the offer
Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I had to cut my cat down an inch or so which meant cutting my weld job up and doing it over again, the exhaust was a little too long. I'm guessing it has to do with the length of the civic si manifold or something. But I got that done and the exhaust is all done, also got my o2 sensor

Old 01-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yesterday I bought a new battery and was able to get the motor cranking w/o an ecu just as a start and to get some oil flowing...

I tried to start it with the ecu plugged in and no dice. My fuel pump wasn't priming. After about 3 hours of trouble shooting I found the problem and got it priming. I found a leak at the cap at the end of the fuel rail. I'll have to wait until I get a new gasket for it tomorrow before I can start adjusting the fuel pressure, but I feel like I'm making progress.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^Picture/Pictures are not working in the above post.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

picture works for me

good deal chris. get this bish running and come to pa!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They work now. Maybe I was trying to look at them before they had a chance to register. Who knows.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Car is gonna look great man good luck with the build
Old 01-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good progress.
fu*k thieves.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Trial User

bump for your hard work ya put back in to bring back to life another teg, hopefully you get it finished soon and back on the road.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good for you for rebuilding it man In to see it running bro
Old 01-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where's the update that you posted on fb earlier??? you're slackin!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by YaysunXTokyo
Car is gonna look great man good luck with the build
Thanks I'm hoping it'll look good, at least it'll be fun

Originally Posted by MERC6372
good progress.
fu*k thieves.
Thanks man

Originally Posted by garric
bump for your hard work ya put back in to bring back to life another teg, hopefully you get it finished soon and back on the road.
Yea I didnt want it to rot in the junkyard, I'm hoping to finish up the final touches soon

Originally Posted by uNDERGROUND sTREET gOD
Good for you for rebuilding it man In to see it running bro
Thanks man, have a good post coming up for ya

Originally Posted by OldSkoolDa91
where's the update that you posted on fb earlier??? you're slackin!
haha not enough time in one day man
Old 01-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I made it to Autozone to get the O-ring for the bolt at the end of my fuel rail, tried to start it, and it fired up on the first try!

The first start:

There's a weird rattling noise, I'm hoping it's just something I didn't tighten by accident. I'm hoping I didn't accidentally drop a bolt or nut in the head or something

Quick Reply: Rebuilding my stolen DC