Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

put new igniter module on, solved problem but one prob still exists, due to new part.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default put new igniter module on, solved problem but one prob still exists, due to new part.

ok, i was out of town and while driving my tach jumps all around, sometimes redlines and car goes dead- while out of town i searched this site and everyone said igniter module. so i went to autozone and got one and yes it solved the problem, but there still is a prob, i got all my power back and it works right, vtec works, but when i get to exactly 7k rpm's now, the tach slams past the redline. so everything words perfect up untill 7k, what could cause this? could i mistakenly swapped one of the module wires? i went back and checked at autozone incase they gave me one for a lower reving motor like a ls, but those use the same module
Old 01-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: put new igniter module on, solved problem but one prob still exists, due to new part. (twentyhur

I recently replaced my igniter for the same reason, fixed the problem for a few days then it started happening again. I replaced the whole Dizzy (dizzy king, was actually cheaper than the OEM igniter) and everything is great! people are saying my problem was probably the crank position sensor.

Hope this helps, but let other people speak before going out and doing something extreme.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: put new igniter module on, solved problem but one prob still exists, due to new part. (twentyhur

ttt
Old 01-09-2007, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it like a rev limiter? does it cut out then rev back down ok or does it bog down and feel like it's misfiring? Anything else?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its like once it gets to 7k rmps, it slams into the endless pit. it goes way past the redline in a blink. but does not cut off fuel or nothing of the sort. i just end up shifting, and for some reason the problem has modifide itself, instead of working perfect up untill 7k, not its skipping around again a little, i changed out my rotor about ten min ago, haven't drove it yet, i will see if that solve it- it had a burned spot on it.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok update, problem still exists, i have put on new rotor, pulled ecu, grounded ecu housing, and found some faulty soldering to a wire on ecu, resoldered it, and still have problem, so far i have eliminated grounds, rotor, wires, and igniter module- which i think the problem keeps making this go bad, but my problem is i have a bunch! of friends with tegs, but all theres are obd2. anyone have an idea?